Spherion

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
The Woodlands, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spherion in August 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume in response to an online ad. I was contacted the next day by email. The recruiter also called me for a brief phone screen. The first step in the hiring process was an online test, consisting of five modules. After passing this test, I consented to a background check. After the clear background check, I was scheduled for an on-site interview. I also had to complete several forms online before the interview. The interview was about twenty - thirty minutes long and consisted of "tell me about yourself" questions and situational interview questions. That went well, and I was told I was a good fit for the company. I was taken to another room to enter my information (work experience,etc) in their computer system, and they made copies of documents and identification I was told to bring. I was told to return another day to complete more paperwork. At the close of this session, all applicants were told that as long as the background check was clear, we would be e-mailed a start date within the next few weeks. I received a phone call a few weeks later, telling me to expect an e-mail with directions and start time in the next few days. I didn't receive the e-mail, but a quick phone call resolved that.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical, i.e., how did you resolve a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question
  • How did you respond to a policy change you weren't in favor of?   Answer Question

Customer Service for UPS Interview

Customer Service for UPS
Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spherion in November 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a rep on the phone and then she sent me into the office. The interview was good and we filled out paperwork.

Interview Question – Describe a way in which you have handled constructive criticism.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There has not been one

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Spherion in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, a one-on-one that took over an hour and a skill and personality test at home, and online...told I was perfect for several of there openings - yet never heard back. They said to stay in touch with them and yet, you can never get them on the phone.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to change careers?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spherion in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was approached because of my resume post on career builder. I had to set up an interview their office, then another at the host company. The longest part of the interview was waiting for the background check.

Interview Question – Have you had any call center experience before?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Spherion in June 2011.

Interview Details – The Hiring process was not very structured. I was initially called about a position, but when I got to the interview, it was for a completely different positions.

Interview Question – What are your strengths, weaknesses? Why do you think we should select your for this position.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Spherion in July 2011.

Interview Details – Position was for Fort Lauderdale office. Extensive probing questions about past 3 positions,skill set and what salary I needed. They needed some-one with more administrative experience than I had and was candid with the Recruiter. He was so amicable and professional I sent him 3 leads. Will keep in touch with hi for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any payroll experience, or experience using People Soft?   View Answer
  • What types of positions would you consider since your not a fit for this one?   View Answer

Creative Interview

Creative
Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spherion in June 2011.

Interview Details – Played phone tag with remote office for a week and a half, finally got a face-to-face interview locally. Was extended a job offer, only to have it revoked less than three hours later, with no explanation. This was an exceptionally frustrating, misleading and disappointing experience. Once the process was over, it was as if I never existed; I received no further response from either office.

Interview Question – How would you compensate for not having direct experience in the field in which this position takes place?   View Answer

General Warehouse Interview

General Warehouse
Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spherion in January 2011.

Interview Details – The inter view was good I had a full 30 minutes but I think I ran out of thing to ask my problem is that I would like to work every day Monday Thru Friday and I lucky to work three days a week some weeks not at all.

Interview Question – Can you be on call and come in as needed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i didnt try to negotiate, But the interviewer made me feel very comfortable and at ease, most employers make you feel pressured or ask you questions like where do you plan to be with this company in five to ten years? But who knows what the future holds, so how do you answer a question like that, but they didnt do that its was very nice.

Human Resources Operations Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Operations Coordinator
Reno, NV

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spherion in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Spherion who had my resume on file for a job at Microsoft Licensing. Interviews went very well however it did take them a long time to get back to me about the position and when they wanted me to start.

Interview Question – I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up? Thought it was an odd question...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated more money on an hourly basis but not much as I was already taking a huge pay cut due to personal circumstances in my life. The hiring manager was great and did what he could but most of the decisions about salary were out of his hands due to the contract in place with Microsoft Licensing.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Pasadena, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spherion in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was set up through the agency. I was asked to come to Pasadena to interview with the head of the dept of a client and given a couple of time and date options. I dressed up, but not in a suit, as it was a Friday. Questions asked were typical - best and worst qualities, rate your ability to prioritize, deal with pressure. The interviewer said she would make a decision by a certain date and she did. I sent a thank you to her and the agency heard back from her within a short time after that. SEND A THANK YOU NOTE!

Interview Question – There were no surprises.   Answer Question