Spherion Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spherion.

Interview

Submittal of resume. Online application and testing. Then, interview with Spherion Manager. Call the office, frequently, to inform them that you are available for work until they place you.

Interview Questions

• Starting with your most recent employment, explain work history in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I recommend others to be persistent and call the office frequently to let them know your availability until they find work for you.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Spherion.

Interview

The position needed to be filled as quickly as possible, and I got the job without interviewing. Hiring was immediate: notification on a Friday, began work on the following Monday.

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation phase.

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Spherion (Altoona, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Management interview with 5 people

Interview Questions

• They asked personal illegal questions, but talked as if they were family.   1 Answer

Negotiation

However, the Friday prior to my start; they rescind their offer.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Monroe, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spherion (West Monroe, LA).

Interview

Staff is very friendly, professional & responsive. If you have marketable skills, and are an honest, dependable person, then they will put you to work.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. You will of course have to undergo a criminal background check and be prepared to explain any gaps in your working history, like most jobs these days. Remember, you work for Spherion not the client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. The job market was real tight and I took what they were offering. A small job/pay-scale is always better than no job/no income.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Corpus Christi, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Easy one day process, just be prepared to take a typing test and a couple more assessments. Once you do application online call your local office and ask for interview, they will set up interview on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a call center representative   Answer Question

Customer Service for UPS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Overland Park, KS) in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with a rep on the phone and then she sent me into the office. The interview was good and we filled out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Describe a way in which you have handled constructive criticism.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There has not been one

Temporary Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Spherion (Columbia, SC) in October 2011.

Interview

I was called about 2 hours before the interview to ask me to come in for the interview. I agreed, despite it being so last minute. I was told I would be interviewing with one person, but there were three people. I was also sent job details for a completely different position than the interview was actually for.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview was uncomfortable because I was interviewing with three people instead of one, unlike I was originally told, and the job details were entirely different from the actual interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spherion (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume in response to an online ad. I was contacted the next day by email. The recruiter also called me for a brief phone screen. The first step in the hiring process was an online test, consisting of five modules. After passing this test, I consented to a background check. After the clear background check, I was scheduled for an on-site interview. I also had to complete several forms online before the interview. The interview was about twenty - thirty minutes long and consisted of "tell me about yourself" questions and situational interview questions. That went well, and I was told I was a good fit for the company. I was taken to another room to enter my information (work experience,etc) in their computer system, and they made copies of documents and identification I was told to bring. I was told to return another day to complete more paperwork. At the close of this session, all applicants were told that as long as the background check was clear, we would be e-mailed a start date within the next few weeks. I received a phone call a few weeks later, telling me to expect an e-mail with directions and start time in the next few days. I didn't receive the e-mail, but a quick phone call resolved that.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical, i.e., how did you resolve a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question
    • How did you respond to a policy change you weren't in favor of?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2011.

Interview

Position was for Fort Lauderdale office. Extensive probing questions about past 3 positions,skill set and what salary I needed. They needed some-one with more administrative experience than I had and was candid with the Recruiter. He was so amicable and professional I sent him 3 leads. Will keep in touch with hi for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any payroll experience, or experience using People Soft?   1 Answer
    • What types of positions would you consider since your not a fit for this one?   1 Answer

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spherion (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Played phone tag with remote office for a week and a half, finally got a face-to-face interview locally. Was extended a job offer, only to have it revoked less than three hours later, with no explanation. This was an exceptionally frustrating, misleading and disappointing experience. Once the process was over, it was as if I never existed; I received no further response from either office.

Interview Questions

• How would you compensate for not having direct experience in the field in which this position takes place?   1 Answer