Spherion

2.3

Price Protection Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spherion in June 2007.

My initial offer to come for an interview was via phone.
    The interview itself was very relaxed; took place in a fairly empty cafeteria and took only about 20-30 minutes.
    Besides the typical questions, one that stood out the most was a question on how you might go about measuring the traffic volume on Interstate-90, particularly as it passes of Mercer Island. I found this question valuable as the interviewer was able to get an accurate sense for my thought process and problem solving abilities.
    The job offer came within a few days of the interview, via phone.

Interview Questions
    • How might you go about measuring the volume of traffic on I-90, particularly as the point where it passes over Mercer Island?   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Spherion in October 2011.

Initially filled out application and submitted resume which the staff checked out thoroughly and then called me back in for interview based on referral that they received. The recruiter did a preliminary interview, then the manager did a more indepth interview, which included asking me detailed questions about the companies I worked at, ie, revenue, number of employees, overhead, report generations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you known (Name Omitted, and is he still married?)   View Answer

I got a very cold feeling from these people. There was not a genuine interest in helping others. The actions did not fit the words.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spherion in December 2010.

pretty standard

Recruiting Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spherion in September 2010.

Clear, concise. Detailed duties description

Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Spherion in June 2010.

Very long process. Background check and references are time consuming for managers.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle your work and personal life without letting one get in the way of the other?   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Spherion in February 2010.

contacted by the agency and then i got interviwed by an employee in the company that I would be working with/in
    I got a drug test, and backgroud check. then started working.
    benefits are expensive, the 401K default is set and it just starts deducting without my knowing...

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, the hourly wage was set

RPO Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Spherion in October 2009.

Very positive experience. Personal growth opportunities and experienced teams.

Interview Questions
    I am satisfied with my offer

Site Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spherion in September 2009.

Spherion found my resume on-line and contacted me via email to determine my interest. I confirmed my interest in the position that same day and received a telephone call the very next day.

I was asked a series of questions regarding my previous position and management skills.

I was asked to email a copy of my resume to the interviewer so that she could pass it on to the others, including the hiring manager (she was covering for them during their absence).

I submitted a thank you email and did not hear back from them right away. Once I did hear back from them, all I heard was something to the effect of "that it's in her hands now. She'll contact you if interested".

Interview Questions
    • Since this position requires managing individuals across the country from a remote location, I'm interested in what your some of your biggest challenges were withen managing a crew remotely, and how you met those challenges?   Answer Question
    • How do you ensure maximum productivity?   Answer Question

Support Services Supervisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spherion in June 2009.

took too long to get back to me. sugar coated the position. I received the true feedback from people working there

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult problem you had to deal with in the pass year   View Answer
    • put me thought a scenario of what a daily schedule looks like   View Answer

Senior Director of Implementation Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spherion in February 2009.

I was a contractor. I was offered the job I had been doing. I was the only candidate. There was one interview with the President (who was the hiring manager). She offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it. I was over a barrel so I took it.