Spherion Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.3

Human Resources Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spherion (Reno, NV) in December 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by Spherion who had my resume on file for a job at Microsoft Licensing. Interviews went very well however it did take them a long time to get back to me about the position and when they wanted me to start.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up? Thought it was an odd question...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated more money on an hourly basis but not much as I was already taking a huge pay cut due to personal circumstances in my life. The hiring manager was great and did what he could but most of the decisions about salary were out of his hands due to the contract in place with Microsoft Licensing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Lincolnshire, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

On line is more grueling than the interview...on line you take a battery of tests, you are asked to supply proof of everything from your high school diploma to college transcripts. Then once you come to your in-person interview, if you've made it that far, it's a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• The questions are basic: Give an example of how you dealt with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Charlotte, NC) in March 2009.

Interview

The first step in the hiring process is, screening. I then completed an application and went through an interview process, the background investigation process and the drug screening. After these steps, I completed the remainder of the application process, tax forms and E-Verify. Shortly afterwards, I was well on my way to orientation and training for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the shift I would be working. Just make sure the hours asked to work are suitable with your family life.

Web Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

There was a short phone interview and then an interview on the contractor's site. It was very simple. You could see that they wanted people in fast for the job and if you had the skills, they would take you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in Web content development.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. Later on I fould out that someone else made more than I did - this person had worked with them before, but so did I.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spherion (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

Fairly easy, very laid back. Easiest interview I ever experienced.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spherion (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2008.

Interview

Very quick interview process, they typically move very quickly. First there is a 30 minute face to face interview with the Director. He does bring up a lot of hesitations as to why he does not want to hire you and he expects you to debate thoe reasons. At the end of that interview, I was scheduled to come back for a job preview/shadow the next day. During the realistic job preview, I spent a couple of hours with a Senior Recruiter. I was also told not to dress up for the 2nd interview so that I would fit in better. My offer was made the following Monday and I started working there 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good recruiter?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate salary but was told it was not negotiable. I know that they do NOT negotiate, especially in this economy, so don't waste your time trying to get more money.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Rockford, IL) in August 2007.

Interview

Applied online for an open position in a field that I worked 7 years in. Received a phone call asking for interview and had a 1on 1 interview with the VP of Finance. The interview took approx 2 hours and I was also interviewed by the accounting manager at the end of my interview with the VP. Interview went well and both parties were positive about my personality and skill level.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your present organization?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle conflict resolution with co-workers?   1 Answer

Price Protection Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion (Redmond, WA) in June 2007.

Interview

My initial offer to come for an interview was via phone. The interview itself was very relaxed; took place in a fairly empty cafeteria and took only about 20-30 minutes. Besides the typical questions, one that stood out the most was a question on how you might go about measuring the traffic volume on Interstate-90, particularly as it passes of Mercer Island. I found this question valuable as the interviewer was able to get an accurate sense for my thought process and problem solving abilities. The job offer came within a few days of the interview, via phone.

Interview Questions

• How might you go about measuring the volume of traffic on I-90, particularly as the point where it passes over Mercer Island?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spherion in October 2011.

Interview

Initially filled out application and submitted resume which the staff checked out thoroughly and then called me back in for interview based on referral that they received. The recruiter did a preliminary interview, then the manager did a more indepth interview, which included asking me detailed questions about the companies I worked at, ie, revenue, number of employees, overhead, report generations, etc.

Interview Questions

• How long have you known (Name Omitted, and is he still married?)   1 Answer

I got a very cold feeling from these people. There was not a genuine interest in helping others. The actions did not fit the words.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spherion in December 2010.

Interview

pretty standard