Spherion

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Spherion in June 2011.

Interview Details – The Hiring process was not very structured. I was initially called about a position, but when I got to the interview, it was for a completely different positions.

Interview Question – What are your strengths, weaknesses? Why do you think we should select your for this position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Spherion in October 2008.

Interview Details – I was already employed by company and offered another position on different account. Interviewed with the Operations Director over the other account. Pretty basic interview since I was already an employee of the company.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were had a project to complete within a certain time frame that you were not able to meet. Explain what lead to the miss, and how you handled the situation and overall outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate much.

Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Spherion in March 2008.

Interview Details – Very quick interview process, they typically move very quickly. First there is a 30 minute face to face interview with the Director. He does bring up a lot of hesitations as to why he does not want to hire you and he expects you to debate thoe reasons. At the end of that interview, I was scheduled to come back for a job preview/shadow the next day. During the realistic job preview, I spent a couple of hours with a Senior Recruiter. I was also told not to dress up for the 2nd interview so that I would fit in better. My offer was made the following Monday and I started working there 1 week later.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good recruiter?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate salary but was told it was not negotiable. I know that they do NOT negotiate, especially in this economy, so don't waste your time trying to get more money.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spherion in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initially filled out application and submitted resume which the staff checked out thoroughly and then called me back in for interview based on referral that they received. The recruiter did a preliminary interview, then the manager did a more indepth interview, which included asking me detailed questions about the companies I worked at, ie, revenue, number of employees, overhead, report generations, etc.

Interview Question – How long have you known (Name Omitted, and is he still married?)   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got a very cold feeling from these people. There was not a genuine interest in helping others. The actions did not fit the words.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spherion

Worked for Spherion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spherion Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Spherion employees and interview candidates.