Spiceworks Email Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Spiceworks.

Multiple interviews ranging from CFO & COO to people I would supervise, people from other departments with whom I'd work, and everyone in between. Went in on 4 separate occasions and met with a minimum of 3 people each time for at least an hour each. No job descriptions posted -- I was recruited early for positions they were looking to hire for but did not have formal, written responsibilities or qualifications. After presenting a 3 month get started plan, I was told I was over-qualified for both positions. I even helped write one description with the hiring manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Spiceworks

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spiceworks in May 2014.

I received an email to set up a call one day after I submitted my application. The following week I had 3 phone interviews with first a recruiter, then a team member and finally the team leader. The interviews mostly reviewed the position and my past experience to see if it was a good fit. We talked about salary in the first phone call so we knew we were on the same page. After the third interview the team leader gave me some "homework" to come up with some concepts and a day after that I received an invite to interview in person. I was applying from Nashville so they actually flew me to Austin and paid for my hotel. I had 8 interviews in a row, including interviews with 3 of the 4 founders. Everyone was super nice and knowledgeable. Their main priority seemed to just make sure I was a good fit and I knew as much about the company and work as they knew about me. Their was no intimidating or trying to trip me up with weird questions. After interviewing with the CEO I thanked him for finding time to interview me because I knew he must be super busy running a company. His response was "I cannot think of a better way to spend my time," which gave me an immediate impression that his team is extremely important and valued. That moment sealed the deal that I wanted to work here. Overall I thought it was a great process and I'm happy to know they really look into the people they hire to make sure they're building the best team possible.

Interview Questions
    • I had to do some additional writing exercises and a quiz on calculating CTR and such, but no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spiceworks.

Was not a great interview. The hiring manager was very condescending and inexperienced. She mostly talked about what they did, even though I never got a clear picture of what it is they did, and kept firing questions about why I would want such a "hard" job like this. She wasn't well-spoken either, nor was she able to explain the process of their department very well. I left having no desire to work for the company because of the interviewer. The company seems great, but maybe they should have someone a little more professional and experienced conducting the interviews.

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Spiceworks.

A very, very, very long interview process. It included a 30 minute phone screen with someone from HR, following by a follow-up 30 minute phone screen with a hiring manager, an in-person interview with 4 different managers each for about 45 minutes, next was a homework assignment and then finally a sit down with the founder's that lasted about 30 minutes with each person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spiceworks in May 2012.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later via email to schedule a phone interview. The questions were typical and the interviewer was very nice and personable. It only lasted about 15 minutes and the conclusion was that my qualifications didn't fit with what they were looking for.