Spigit Interview Questions

2.7

Front End Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Spigit in September 2012.

Had a Skype interview and a small test of CSS3 and Javascript. Interviewee was impressed overall and said he could use me and would get back to me.

Got back with an offer in which I accepted and had a start date. 3 Days later I am told that they have to fly to Europe (some exec.) and won't be able to hire me until 2 weeks later....

Interview Questions
    • CSS3 design questions as I am not as fluent in CSS3 as I am Javascript.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spigit in March 2012.

Stay away from this company unless you want to waste of your time.......

I went through the phone and on-site interveiw and answered all question they have. At the end, the VP of Engineering says "Sorry, but we had a bad quarter and don't have any budget in hiring......"

Sales Interview

Straight forward. Interview with line manager then telephone interviews with VP Sales and CEO

Interview Questions
    Quickly came to a deal that worked

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Spigit in October 2011.

The process went via a 3rd party headhunter.
    The initial interviews went well and, after a three phone calls and a 1:1 with the SVP for sales and an acct exec, they enthusiastically wanted me to join them. Their initial verbal offer fell below my stated expectations and they went back to adjust, telling me I would receive the written offer. They then told me it was going to the board for review. They said the review went well and I should expect the offer in the mail. Then the recruiter called and told me something happened with the board and he was disassociating himself. I asked the SVP for an explanation, but he didn't respond. They kept me in limbo for 2 months. I thought Spigit would have potential, but now I predict they will sink with the many other social networking start-ups given their lack of professionalism. Maybe they should stop playing games and get to work.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. This was a new position and I did most of the talking.   View Answer

They kept telling me to expect the written offer and it never came. A simple 'not the right fit' would have sufficed to move on, but they said nothing after wanting me to join.

Worked for Spigit? Contribute to the Community!