Spigit Interview Questions

2.7

Front End Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Spigit (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Had a Skype interview and a small test of CSS3 and Javascript. Interviewee was impressed overall and said he could use me and would get back to me.

Got back with an offer in which I accepted and had a start date. 3 Days later I am told that they have to fly to Europe (some exec.) and won't be able to hire me until 2 weeks later....

Interview Questions

• CSS3 design questions as I am not as fluent in CSS3 as I am Javascript.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spigit (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Stay away from this company unless you want to waste of your time.......

I went through the phone and on-site interveiw and answered all question they have. At the end, the VP of Engineering says "Sorry, but we had a bad quarter and don't have any budget in hiring......"

Sales Interview

Interview

Straight forward. Interview with line manager then telephone interviews with VP Sales and CEO

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quickly came to a deal that worked

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Spigit in October 2011.

Interview

The process went via a 3rd party headhunter.
    The initial interviews went well and, after a three phone calls and a 1:1 with the SVP for sales and an acct exec, they enthusiastically wanted me to join them. Their initial verbal offer fell below my stated expectations and they went back to adjust, telling me I would receive the written offer. They then told me it was going to the board for review. They said the review went well and I should expect the offer in the mail. Then the recruiter called and told me something happened with the board and he was disassociating himself. I asked the SVP for an explanation, but he didn't respond. They kept me in limbo for 2 months. I thought Spigit would have potential, but now I predict they will sink with the many other social networking start-ups given their lack of professionalism. Maybe they should stop playing games and get to work.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. This was a new position and I did most of the talking.   1 Answer

They kept telling me to expect the written offer and it never came. A simple 'not the right fit' would have sufficed to move on, but they said nothing after wanting me to join.