1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Spigit in October 2011.

The process went via a 3rd party headhunter.
The initial interviews went well and, after a three phone calls and a 1:1 with the SVP for sales and an acct exec, they enthusiastically wanted me to join them. Their initial verbal offer fell below my stated expectations and they went back to adjust, telling me I would receive the written offer. They then told me it was going to the board for review. They said the review went well and I should expect the offer in the mail. Then the recruiter called and told me something happened with the board and he was disassociating himself. I asked the SVP for an explanation, but he didn't respond. They kept me in limbo for 2 months. I thought Spigit would have potential, but now I predict they will sink with the many other social networking start-ups given their lack of professionalism. Maybe they should stop playing games and get to work.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions. This was a new position and I did most of the talking.   View Answer

They kept telling me to expect the written offer and it never came. A simple 'not the right fit' would have sufficed to move on, but they said nothing after wanting me to join.

Worked for Spigit? Contribute to the Community!