Spirent Communications

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spirent Communications in April 2014.

Interview Details – An alumnus notified my school of internship opportunities in his team. I applied for the position by directly sending my resume to the alumnus, but it was also possible to apply for the position through the company website.

The interview process consisted of two rounds, both technical. In the first round, I interviewed with both the team lead and an engineer in the team.

Interview Questions

• First Round: Implement a stack. How would you reverse the order of elements in the stack?   Answer Question
  • Second Round (3 Questions):
    - Given an n-dimensional hypercube with 10 cubes to an edge, how many cubes would be on the surface of the hypercube?
    - Create a function to determine whether a loop exists in a Linked List.
    - How would you use object oriented programming to design a chess (or checker) game?
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spirent Communications in January 2014.

Interview Details – Took 1 month for the full process. 2 rounds. One phone interview followed by a 2 hr skype interview. Interview was easy. Basic questions. Offer was confirmed within a week. Best learning experience. Greater projects are provided. Work load is not too much.

Interview Question – Basic questions on ruby and C++   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

Interviewed at Spirent Communications

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by onsite interview.

Interview Question – Reviewed resume and asked if worked with certain programs/languages. Nothing hard.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Spirent Communications.

Interview Details – I was invited for an on-site interview. There were 6(!) one-hour long interviews.

Interview Question – Soft questions like describe a challenging situation where you disagreed with your team. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Calabasas, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spirent Communications in September 2013.

Interview Details – Received contact from recruiter, and scheduled 1st 45 min technical interview via phone.
Then after couple of days, HR contacted me to schedule 2nd On-site interview. On-site interview were done with 2 staff engineers and 2 sr. software engineers and hiring manager at the end.

Overall experiences were okay. However, HR was not very responsive and did poor job of updating progress.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Testing/Intern Interview

Software Engineer Testing/Intern
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spirent Communications in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 round
first, manager, behavior questions, and questions on resume
second round, technical questions about javascript, ruby, and database concept.some java questions, network questions. unix questions

Negotiation Details – ask for more rate,but get rejected. and hr sucks. response huge slow

Wireless Applications Test Interview

Wireless Applications Test
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spirent Communications in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got email from HR for phone interview.. Was asked mainly about resume and past projects. When I didnt get a reply in two weeks, I mailed the HR and was told to take a second round phone interview. But before that could happen the position was changed to a more senior position and since I was a new grad , I wasnt considered

Interview Question – All questions were related to resume. Nothing hard   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Eatontown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spirent Communications in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online.. got a call for a phone interview . Was asked about my OPT, from when am i ready to work, etc. Questions were basic C like recursive functions, memory operations. What surprised me was that though the job requisition mentioned knowledge of CDMA/GSM protocols for which i had prepared a lot, I wasnt asked anything. Instead I was asked about filters and modulation (16 QAM vs qpsk)

Interview Question – What surprised me was that though the job requisition mentioned knowledge of CDMA/GSM protocols for which i had prepared a lot, I wasnt asked anything. Instead I was asked about filters and modulation (16 QAM vs qpsk)   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Spirent Communications in March 2013.

Interview Details – mail was sent to set up the interview.The interview went well and could know the positive reply.

Interview Question – general wireless communications topics   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Spirent Communications in December 2012.

Interview Details – They have me interviewed with total of 8 people lasted about two months w/o a final decision or any feedback afterward. The problem was that those interviewed were not well planned with unexpected next day meeting requests. So, my advice is to nail down interview agenda before you go!

Interview Question – They may ask you million dollar questions of the entire industrial trend, the competitive info and your solution ideas.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Spirent Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spirent Communications interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Spirent Communications employees and interview candidates.