Spirent Communications

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

Software Engineer Testing/Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spirent Communications in April 2013.

2 round
    first, manager, behavior questions, and questions on resume
    second round, technical questions about javascript, ruby, and database concept.some java questions, network questions. unix questions

ask for more rate,but get rejected. and hr sucks. response huge slow

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spirent Communications in March 2013.

mail was sent to set up the interview.The interview went well and could know the positive reply.

Interview Questions
    • general wireless communications topics   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Spirent Communications in December 2012.

They have me interviewed with total of 8 people lasted about two months w/o a final decision or any feedback afterward. The problem was that those interviewed were not well planned with unexpected next day meeting requests. So, my advice is to nail down interview agenda before you go!

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you million dollar questions of the entire industrial trend, the competitive info and your solution ideas.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Spirent Communications in July 2012.

HR person contacts you and sets up phone interview with some lucky person call you. That person takes notes and told me it goes somewhere and he does not know what they do with it. I believe my interviewer was from Canada and nice guy and I answered
    all questions correctly. So after that goes into a black hole. After multiple emails and voicemails to the HR contact and the main manager I cannot get any feedback ....or response. Totally rude. Funny i think its a great job, but like what is your problem ? Call me back. Why do you play these games for professional positions. From all appearances a bad place to work and what i can only surmise as an incompetent HR person and messed up hiring practices.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult thing is why do you waste my time with phone interview then just go silent ?
      What the devil ?

Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spirent Communications in April 2011.

Applied online.. got a call for a phone interview . Was asked about my OPT, from when am i ready to work, etc. Questions were basic C like recursive functions, memory operations. What surprised me was that though the job requisition mentioned knowledge of CDMA/GSM protocols for which i had prepared a lot, I wasnt asked anything. Instead I was asked about filters and modulation (16 QAM vs qpsk)

Interview Questions
    • What surprised me was that though the job requisition mentioned knowledge of CDMA/GSM protocols for which i had prepared a lot, I wasnt asked anything. Instead I was asked about filters and modulation (16 QAM vs qpsk)   View Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Spirent Communications in August 2010.

I feel I got the run-around from this company. I first applied for a marketing job back in December. I had a panel interview. It seemed to go well. I heard nothing from them, not even a rejection, or an explanation of what happened.

Then in August 2010, I got an email from a new, totally different HR manager saying they re-opened this listing, and would I still like to apply. I said sure. I interviewed with Ken, the manager, one-on-one. It seemed to go well. Almost immediately afterwards, I got an email from the HR person asking for some references and permission to do a background check. I said ok.

2 weeks later, I was asked to do a follow-up phone interview with Ken. I did. It seemed to go well. I know my references gave me glowing reviews, and my background check was spotless. After the interview with Ken, he said he'd let me know ASAP. 2 weeks later, I heard nothing.

I finally emailed them to see what was going on. 3 days later, I got a rejection email from a DIFFERENT hiring manager (this company changes personnel faster than you can blink; that is a red flag, if you ask me) saying "you wear too many hats. We need someone focused speficially on this job."

Well, that is the WEIRDEST rejection I ever got! How can someone "wear too many hats"??? Of course, if I were hired, I'd focus on the requirements of the job at hand, but wouldn't any company want someone who has more skills than the job requires?

Plus, they knew back in December that I have a wide variety of marketing skills-I made no secret of that!

I told them to toss my application-I have no interest in working with a company that would waste my time like this.

Interview Questions
    • They gave me 3-4 business cases all about how to craft an email message.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spirent Communications in February 2010.

6 hours' interview. It is very difficult and generally technical interview. 5-6 interviewers asked you technical questions. Around one hour for one interviewer. Spirent has both interns and full-time jobs, like software engineers, product verification & test engineers, hardware engineers, and product marketing & product management. And the locations is basically in SanDiego, CA.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Spirent Communications in July 2009.

Initially the recruiter called, and analyzed the background and skill set match for the job position.
    Asked about my current salary at the previous company and scheduled a 1:1 interview.

Interviewed with about 5-6 people 45min - 1 hour each. More technical. C++ focused questions.
    Following areas were tested
    Understanding of C++, STL, Boost - questions
    Programming - Queues operations, Simple sort / search programs, basic array operations programs
    Questions on previous work
    Networking based questions to test my understanding of networks, TCP / UDP, subnets, IP, Multicast video etc.,
    Security protocols based questions.

I did not negotiate

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spirent Communications.

They will mostly conduct around 5 Rounds in total. 1 Telephonic and 4 F2F onsite. Interview was average. But it is very disappointing that even after clearing all the rounds and wasting my 6 hours, they just stop communication. They don't have dare to inform the status of the candidature on repeated mail and calls. This shows there attitude how responsible they are. One more thing, In India operation there are "No HR". Actually they interviewed people and compare them among the CTC.

My suggestion: Stay away from this organization.

Sales Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Spirent Communications in January 2012.

Asked me many questions on gps. Could not answer most.