Spirent Communications

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Spirent Communications in August 2010.

I feel I got the run-around from this company. I first applied for a marketing job back in December. I had a panel interview. It seemed to go well. I heard nothing from them, not even a rejection, or an explanation of what happened.

Then in August 2010, I got an email from a new, totally different HR manager saying they re-opened this listing, and would I still like to apply. I said sure. I interviewed with Ken, the manager, one-on-one. It seemed to go well. Almost immediately afterwards, I got an email from the HR person asking for some references and permission to do a background check. I said ok.

2 weeks later, I was asked to do a follow-up phone interview with Ken. I did. It seemed to go well. I know my references gave me glowing reviews, and my background check was spotless. After the interview with Ken, he said he'd let me know ASAP. 2 weeks later, I heard nothing.

I finally emailed them to see what was going on. 3 days later, I got a rejection email from a DIFFERENT hiring manager (this company changes personnel faster than you can blink; that is a red flag, if you ask me) saying "you wear too many hats. We need someone focused speficially on this job."

Well, that is the WEIRDEST rejection I ever got! How can someone "wear too many hats"??? Of course, if I were hired, I'd focus on the requirements of the job at hand, but wouldn't any company want someone who has more skills than the job requires?

Plus, they knew back in December that I have a wide variety of marketing skills-I made no secret of that!

I told them to toss my application-I have no interest in working with a company that would waste my time like this.

Interview Questions
  • They gave me 3-4 business cases all about how to craft an email message.   Answer Question