Spirent Communications

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spirent Communications in January 2014.

Interview Details – Took 1 month for the full process. 2 rounds. One phone interview followed by a 2 hr skype interview. Interview was easy. Basic questions. Offer was confirmed within a week. Best learning experience. Greater projects are provided. Work load is not too much.

Interview Question – Basic questions on ruby and C++   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spirent Communications in July 2009.

Interview Details – Initially the recruiter called, and analyzed the background and skill set match for the job position.
Asked about my current salary at the previous company and scheduled a 1:1 interview.

Interviewed with about 5-6 people 45min - 1 hour each. More technical. C++ focused questions.
Following areas were tested
Understanding of C++, STL, Boost - questions
Programming - Queues operations, Simple sort / search programs, basic array operations programs
Questions on previous work
Networking based questions to test my understanding of networks, TCP / UDP, subnets, IP, Multicast video etc.,
Security protocols based questions.

Interview Question – The interview was easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spirent Communications in February 2010.

Interview Details – 6 hours' interview. It is very difficult and generally technical interview. 5-6 interviewers asked you technical questions. Around one hour for one interviewer. Spirent has both interns and full-time jobs, like software engineers, product verification & test engineers, hardware engineers, and product marketing & product management. And the locations is basically in SanDiego, CA.

Interview Question – What are your career goals?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Spirent Communications in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer is nice. The interview consists of beheavial as well as technical questions. The interviewer is mainly on the research I have done.

Interview Question – Talk about the hardest part of a project you have done.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Spirent Communications in January 2010.

Interview Details – it is to long I can't survive that long. 7 persons are arranged to interview you and each got one hour. It is too long and tedious. I have to sustain to survive. I need to stay late. Method is advised it is pretty cool but I hate it

Interview Questions

Worked for Spirent Communications? Contribute to the Community!