Spirent Communications

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Testing/Intern Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spirent Communications in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 round
first, manager, behavior questions, and questions on resume
second round, technical questions about javascript, ruby, and database concept.some java questions, network questions. unix questions

Negotiation Details – ask for more rate,but get rejected. and hr sucks. response huge slow

Marketing Manager Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Spirent Communications in December 2012.

Interview Details – They have me interviewed with total of 8 people lasted about two months w/o a final decision or any feedback afterward. The problem was that those interviewed were not well planned with unexpected next day meeting requests. So, my advice is to nail down interview agenda before you go!

Interview Question – They may ask you million dollar questions of the entire industrial trend, the competitive info and your solution ideas.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Spirent Communications in July 2012.

Interview Details – HR person contacts you and sets up phone interview with some lucky person call you. That person takes notes and told me it goes somewhere and he does not know what they do with it. I believe my interviewer was from Canada and nice guy and I answered
all questions correctly. So after that goes into a black hole. After multiple emails and voicemails to the HR contact and the main manager I cannot get any feedback ....or response. Totally rude. Funny i think its a great job, but like what is your problem ? Call me back. Why do you play these games for professional positions. From all appearances a bad place to work and what i can only surmise as an incompetent HR person and messed up hiring practices.

Interview Question – Most difficult thing is why do you waste my time with phone interview then just go silent ?
What the devil ?
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spirent Communications in July 2009.

Interview Details – Initially the recruiter called, and analyzed the background and skill set match for the job position.
Asked about my current salary at the previous company and scheduled a 1:1 interview.

Interviewed with about 5-6 people 45min - 1 hour each. More technical. C++ focused questions.
Following areas were tested
Understanding of C++, STL, Boost - questions
Programming - Queues operations, Simple sort / search programs, basic array operations programs
Questions on previous work
Networking based questions to test my understanding of networks, TCP / UDP, subnets, IP, Multicast video etc.,
Security protocols based questions.

Interview Question – The interview was easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Spirent Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spirent Communications interview questions and advice in Sunnyvale, CA. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Spirent Communications employees and interview candidates.