Spirent Communications Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

2.2

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Spirent Communications (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by an outside recruiter, Discussed by background and her interest in me for the position. Initial phone interview with the hiring manager and then a followup from the recruiter requesting to fly me to the HQ for a site interview. Met with the Hiring manger first the interview was scheduled 45m but ran 75m which pushed back the 2nd & 3rd interviewers. Overall the process was easy but bland I did not sense a lot of enthusiasm for working at the company. The 3rd interview was especially short 20m since we were behind schedule.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult but a broad set of questions against various customer types and product applications.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Testing/Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spirent Communications (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

2 round
    first, manager, behavior questions, and questions on resume
    second round, technical questions about javascript, ruby, and database concept.some java questions, network questions. unix questions

Negotiation

ask for more rate,but get rejected. and hr sucks. response huge slow

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Spirent Communications (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

They have me interviewed with total of 8 people lasted about two months w/o a final decision or any feedback afterward. The problem was that those interviewed were not well planned with unexpected next day meeting requests. So, my advice is to nail down interview agenda before you go!

Interview Questions

• They may ask you million dollar questions of the entire industrial trend, the competitive info and your solution ideas.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Spirent Communications (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

HR person contacts you and sets up phone interview with some lucky person call you. That person takes notes and told me it goes somewhere and he does not know what they do with it. I believe my interviewer was from Canada and nice guy and I answered
    all questions correctly. So after that goes into a black hole. After multiple emails and voicemails to the HR contact and the main manager I cannot get any feedback ....or response. Totally rude. Funny i think its a great job, but like what is your problem ? Call me back. Why do you play these games for professional positions. From all appearances a bad place to work and what i can only surmise as an incompetent HR person and messed up hiring practices.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult thing is why do you waste my time with phone interview then just go silent ?
      What the devil ?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Spirent Communications (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Initially the recruiter called, and analyzed the background and skill set match for the job position.
    Asked about my current salary at the previous company and scheduled a 1:1 interview.

Interviewed with about 5-6 people 45min - 1 hour each. More technical. C++ focused questions.
    Following areas were tested
    Understanding of C++, STL, Boost - questions
    Programming - Queues operations, Simple sort / search programs, basic array operations programs
    Questions on previous work
    Networking based questions to test my understanding of networks, TCP / UDP, subnets, IP, Multicast video etc.,
    Security protocols based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate