Spireon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.2

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dyersville, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spireon (Dyersville, IA).

Interview

One man. Climbed the ladder in 6 months from BDR to sales then management... Then was being pushed out the door 4-5 months later(best manager,ever!) he asked me detailed work experience questions... Personality questions... Allowed me to interview him as well. very nice mellow area and he was very easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• What are your personal challenges?   1 Answer

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spireon (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter found me, and in both their opinion and my own, I seemed like a good fit for what Spireon was looking for. Within a couple of days, I got the news that Spireon wanted to interview me, and since they were skipping the phone interview and jumping directly to an in-person interview, that was a good sign. I spoke with my would-be manager, the manager of a related department, and one of my would-be teammates. The questions were not too deeply technical but did feel me out for my prior relevant experience, my technical aptitude, and my willingness to work in a 24/7 on-call situation (which I was). I got more questions about my Windows administration experience than I was expecting, since Linux was emphasized in the job description and Windows was not (save for a mention of VMware). I also got a brief exit interview from the internal recruiter. I was told they had more people to interview over the next few days and that I might have one more interview, a phone call with the CIO. I was there for about two hours. In an email to my recruiter, I debriefed and asked him to pass along my thanks to the people who'd interviewed me. About a week went by without hearing back from anyone, so I pinged my recruiter. He apologized and explained that he'd been out of town. He told me that Spireon didn't consider me a good fit after all, but that if it was any comfort, none of the candidates that the recruiter had sent to Spireon so far had been hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Windows system administration?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with administering servers in a large cloud environment (200+ servers)?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing and able to work a 24-hour on-call rotation, specifically 1 week on, 3–4 weeks off?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with Linux system administration?   1 Answer

Bilingual Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spireon (Irving, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Had 2 interviews at their Irving office, and both times the hiring manager had personal reasons not to show up for work. The manager I interviewed with was very nice, but seemed he barely graduated from college. The 2nd interview included the new director, but couldn't answer basic questions I had about product and company since he had just been there 1 week. The job consisted on me contacting potential clients that spoke Spanish, get them interested and then pass them off to sales guy. One small detail they failed to notice until I pointed it out, the sales guy didn't speak Spanish. There go my commissions, great planning guys! It all felt very unprofessional and even though I was told my experience was perfect for the position, it's been almost 1 month and haven't heard back with a yes or no. Will reject job offer if received based on salary and lack of professionalism on their part.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding past job experience, question about resume.   Answer Question

Spireon Response

Nov 6, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Spireon is committed to ensuring a positive experience for all candidates who apply to and interview for any of our open positions. We apologize that your ... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spireon.

Interview

Was recruiter by Tech Finders

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spireon.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with the CEO himself. I found him to be quite insightful with a clear strategy for winning. In the span of 30 minutes, I understood the position, challenges, and company direction. I left the conversation with new insight on assessing senior leaders. The in-person interview happened a few weeks later. It was a standard round robin 1:1 with other senior leaders, architects, and a couple of rock star software engineers. The latter was quite refreshing. A couple of weeks later I had one more round with the private equity firm. This was a 2:1 panel style interview. I found this round to be enlightening as the interviewers were direct, frank about the challenges. I also respected the interviewers digging into my experience and challenging my decisions, management style, and approaches.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected -- Several times I was asked how did I measure progress or success.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spireon (Irvine, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview was easy, ask knowledge and customer service skills, went over different customer service scenarios. How to approach customers in the field. Very easy and very professional. The manager at the time sounded like she was on top of things. Very sharp young lady.

Interview Questions

• if they could count on me to pep resent the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was salary at 15/hr

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spireon (Irvine, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was recruited for the position, and the process went quickly.

Interview Questions

• None, that I can recall. If you interview and claim to have a specific skill set, you better know your stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate. It was a strong offer, and better than I expected.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dyersville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spireon (Dyersville, IA) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was called about a week later. I went in for the interview a few days later and on my way home received a called offering the position.

Interview Questions

• It was an average interview. The usual "what will you bring to Spireon, etc..." Nothing special or tough in the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered, I accepted.