Spirit Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in August 2014.

I applied online and was invited to come to an invitational group interview in Dallas. I had to provide my own lodging and transportation to the interview on August 25.

Day 1. 120 people arrived but only 105 came on time. The others 15 who came late who asked to leave. We checked in and sat down inside the conference room. As we waited a woman came around and asked us polite questions like "What brings you to this interview" "Where are you from" "Why did you choose to be a flight attendant". Be aware that you are being watched at all times. They are watching to see how you interact with other applicants, if you're on your cell phone, and if you bring the positive but not over zealous personality they're looking for. They introduced us to company information about salary benefits and the average schedule of an new hire FA. After we to a break and came back to start the interviewing. We one by one pulled a question out of a bowl in the front of the room and read and answered it accordingly. There were a lot of repeats.
    -What historical event would you go back in time to see?
    -What is your favorite time of day and why?
    -If you life was the headline of an newspaper what would it be?
    -Who is your role model?
    -How would you explain the internet to a 3 year old?
    -Etc...
    After everyone read, we went on break. We began promptly. They called certain number to leave the room and the rest to wait. Those called were asked to leave and didn't continue one the second part of the group interview. We broke for lunch and then returned PROMPTLY for group interviews part II. We were down to 60 so they broke us into groups of 30 and took us to another room down the hall. There we broke into 6 groups of 5 and were asked to create a fake airline with the 5 most important traits of a successful FA. Each group then went up and presented our poster and explained the traits. After everyone had presented we again we asked to wait. They returned and called numbers to leave the room. Those remaining made it to Day 2, the face to face interview.

Day 2. About 40 people remained after Day 1. We were given a specific time to come in for the interview. There were about 4-5 people slated for each hour. Note they did make notation of the time you arrived in the room for check in. We all chatted among ourselves as we waited for our time to interview. When called in, it was two interviewers to one interviewee. They asked us to read a FA script (don't worry if you stumble a little!) and then asked a few questions. Some questions were pulled directly from our resumes for more information. Then the standard situation questions. The interview itself took about 3-5 minutes. BUT you have to wait for everyone in your section to finish and then for them to deliberate. One of the interviewers will come back in and ask you to leave the room with a selected group. Once you're in the room she'll tell you yea or nay.

Day 3. We we're selected down to 20 people in the end. We we're asked to come in for fingerprints and to do background checks. We then were asked to drive to get the drug tested and then we could leave the city. I'm going into training in 4 four weeks!! :)

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable. They detailed the salary and benefits first thing on the first day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in August 2014.

Applied online and received invitation to event in Dallas, Texas. The event was at the Double Tree Hotel and 102 people showed up for the interview.

They began the event with a slide show presentation and then moved on to the first exercise. They had everyone come up one by one, state their name, where they are from and the number given to them. Make sure to speak loudly and clearly and follow directions. They asked you to pull a question out of a bowl, read it aloud and then answer. They then left the room and when they returned, they read a string of numbers and asked them to follow one representative to another room. When she returned, we were told those of us remaining would move on to the next round.

The next screening process was a group exercise where you are separated into groups of five and asked to create and name your own airline and then present in front of the room. They are watching you at all times to see how you interact in a group. If you contribute, take the lead, etc. Once again they deliberated and then returned to read a string of numbers of those who did not make it.

Those of us left returned the next day for face to face interviews. It was a very standard job interview with past behavioral questions. They also ask you to read an announcement out loud to them. My best advice is to relax and be confident but honest.

For the final time they read that dreaded string of numbers and lead people out of the room. When they returned, the few of us remaining we're congratulated and given our new hire paper work!

Over all, I was surprised at what a pleasant experience it really was. It was stressful for sure but also fun and I made some great new friends! Make sure to be yourself, speak loudly and clearly and please, please, PLEASE dress professionally. That means jackets for ladies and gentleman and ties for the gentleman! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had an altercation with a co-worker. How did you handle it?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in March 2014.

Applied on line. Went to group interview at Sheraton in Hollywood, FL. 3 groups (9am, 1pm, 6pm). Need to go 2 hours early to get a seat! Very informative about Spirit. Fun, friendly FA's create a great atmosphere. Each individual gives a 30 second speech. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS! Name, number, talk about YOURSELF! Many missed the boat because they did not follow the instructions! Just relax....and have FUN! Don't over sell yourself either!They then break you into groups and tell the selected individuals to come back the next day for the "face to face" interview. I had 2 interviewers each asked questions (3-4 each) typical "Star" interview questions. after you are sent back to wait for the results. Groups are called out to from the main room and given the yea or nea!
    I was lucky and made the cut. I am now going for training on 4/29/14. Relax, be yourself, so many fakes there were spotted and sent away! I went and had FUN!

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult. Tell about a time you and another employee didn't get along how did u manage it.   View Answer
    No negotiations. Pay is very very good! $18 plus an hour to start then up to $20 something after probation! Good luck!

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in March 2014.

Applied online and was invited to an open house in my town about 1-2 weeks later at a local hotel. After the presentation, everyone was interviewed. Those that were hired went to corporate headquarters the next day for background check and drug test. Started training in 3 weeks. There were 15 total Customer Service Agents hired. 11 female / 4 male

Interview Questions
    • Give example of a time you were criticized at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    NO negotiation- $9.50 / hr Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in February 2014.

It went as was stated above.We all were at a large group of people that had to speak about ourselves within 30 seconds.Then our numbers were called which meant we were to meet the next day for a face-to-face interview.It was very simple however those interviewing were looking for those that only lived in Chicago at that time.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected the usual Caroline questions.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Spirit Airlines.

Visit the Spirit Airlines Career page and submit application. Then attend an open house/ interview session. When there, you will register, be given a number, and have 30 seconds to tell a bit about yourself in front of other applicants and a review panel. If selected, you will be advanced to a one-on-one interview with members of the recruiting team. If you have what it takes, you will be fingerprinted, photographed, and the extensive background check will commence. If your background check is clean, and your references check out, then you attend paid training in Fort Lauderdale. Note, training pay will be delayed until after successful completion of training. No pass, no pay.

Interview Questions
    • This depends on your experience in the airline industry. If looking to move from another carrier, be prepared to explain why you chose Spirit. Know the business model. Other carriers have different ideas and service standards. Emphasize friendliness, flexibility, and an open mind towards ever evolving safety standards. If new to airlines, think of ways in the past that you have used conflict resolution skills to address customer concerns.   Answer Question
    The company has a pay scale negotiated by the flight attendant union.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in October 2013.

Beware of their open house. Cattle call, come one, come all.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Spirit Airlines?   View Answer
    • Are you willing to relocate to Las Vegas?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in October 2013.

Online Application, Invitation to attend Open house, Face to face Interview on day two of the open house if in fact you pass day one. It is a very easy, expeditious process that you should enjoy. They make you feel like you are at home and that they really want you to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, union job that is already established.

IT Professional Interview

Recruiter contacts and setup interviews.
    Interview is face to face and may have to interview with a panel and may be multiple times (depending on position).
    Offer is extended and then after employees accepts there is a detail process of Onboarding.
    This is pretty standard format for airline industry across the board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in August 2013.

Recruiters and Trainers didn't appear to be happy to be at the Open house on Friday, August 16th at the Sheraton. The selection process was very poor. They ask you to state a few things about yourself in front of the group. Afterwards they call out your number if you have been selected. Note a 25% of the people selected were unprofessional , dressed inappropriate and didn't reflect any personality when on stage.

Interview Questions
    • Poor Recruitment Selection process felt like a cattle call. I do not recommend this organization. I would prefer to work for a competitor who focused on customer service, personality, and professionalism.   Answer Question

Worked for Spirit Airlines? Contribute to the Community!