Spirit Airlines

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in May 2013.

Interview Details – I went to the open house. You had to speak in front of everyone about yourself in 30 seconds. If you went over your allowed time, they didn't select you. Then after everyone was finished, they split 150 of us into two groups. Have went on to the next interview, the other group was told they weren't selected. There was another group interview where the same thing took place. We were asked one strange question then split up into two groups again. One group was asked to come back the next day for a one on one interview, and the other group wasn't.

Interview Question – What do you dislike about people?   View Answer

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on line. Went to group interview at Sheraton in Hollywood, FL. 3 groups (9am, 1pm, 6pm). Need to go 2 hours early to get a seat! Very informative about Spirit. Fun, friendly FA's create a great atmosphere. Each individual gives a 30 second speech. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS! Name, number, talk about YOURSELF! Many missed the boat because they did not follow the instructions! Just relax....and have FUN! Don't over sell yourself either!They then break you into groups and tell the selected individuals to come back the next day for the "face to face" interview. I had 2 interviewers each asked questions (3-4 each) typical "Star" interview questions. after you are sent back to wait for the results. Groups are called out to from the main room and given the yea or nea!
I was lucky and made the cut. I am now going for training on 4/29/14. Relax, be yourself, so many fakes there were spotted and sent away! I went and had FUN!

Interview Question – None were really difficult. Tell about a time you and another employee didn't get along how did u manage it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Pay is very very good! $18 plus an hour to start then up to $20 something after probation! Good luck!

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was invited to an open house in my town about 1-2 weeks later at a local hotel. After the presentation, everyone was interviewed. Those that were hired went to corporate headquarters the next day for background check and drug test. Started training in 3 weeks. There were 15 total Customer Service Agents hired. 11 female / 4 male

Interview Question – Give example of a time you were criticized at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation- $9.50 / hr Take it or leave it.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in February 2014.

Interview Details – It went as was stated above.We all were at a large group of people that had to speak about ourselves within 30 seconds.Then our numbers were called which meant we were to meet the next day for a face-to-face interview.It was very simple however those interviewing were looking for those that only lived in Chicago at that time.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult or unexpected the usual Caroline questions.   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in January 2013.

Interview Details – Went to an open house. Completed an online application. There were about 60 of us---they gave us a company profile presentation, then had us come up and introduce ourselves for 30 seconds. After, they asked about 30 of us to come back tomorrow for another interview. Second day was one-on-one.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had an altercation with another flight attendant?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Just FAA agreed payment terms

Ramp Service Agent Interview

Ramp Service Agent
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very unprofessional for a Ramp Service Agent at Spirit Airlines. I received an email a couple of days after applying for the position inviting me to an interview at a hotel not far from the airport. When I arrived to the interview, I walked into a big conference room where there were about 100 other applicants sitting. The doors were closed right on time and they would not let anyone else in, as expected and the station manager for the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL) started his presentation. His presentation was very straight forward about the job qualifications and details of the job, and by the end of his presentation, about half of the applicants had got up and left already. Following the presentation, the station manager and his manager started conducting one on one interviews calling people into a meeting room one by one. When I got into the meeting room, the interview was very brief. They asked me three basic interview questions and within three minutes offered me a position where they give you a date and time to go to corporate to fill out paperwork.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Spirit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $9.46/hour.
Take it or leave it.

Flight Attendant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Spirit Airlines.

Interview Details – Visit the Spirit Airlines Career page and submit application. Then attend an open house/ interview session. When there, you will register, be given a number, and have 30 seconds to tell a bit about yourself in front of other applicants and a review panel. If selected, you will be advanced to a one-on-one interview with members of the recruiting team. If you have what it takes, you will be fingerprinted, photographed, and the extensive background check will commence. If your background check is clean, and your references check out, then you attend paid training in Fort Lauderdale. Note, training pay will be delayed until after successful completion of training. No pass, no pay.

Interview Question – This depends on your experience in the airline industry. If looking to move from another carrier, be prepared to explain why you chose Spirit. Know the business model. Other carriers have different ideas and service standards. Emphasize friendliness, flexibility, and an open mind towards ever evolving safety standards. If new to airlines, think of ways in the past that you have used conflict resolution skills to address customer concerns.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company has a pay scale negotiated by the flight attendant union.

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in October 2013.

Interview Details – Online Application, Invitation to attend Open house, Face to face Interview on day two of the open house if in fact you pass day one. It is a very easy, expeditious process that you should enjoy. They make you feel like you are at home and that they really want you to be apart of the team.

Interview Question – No question was particularly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, union job that is already established.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Spirit Airlines in October 2013.

Interview Details – Beware of their open house. Cattle call, come one, come all.

Interview Questions

IT Professional Interview

IT Professional

Interviewed at Spirit Airlines

Interview Details – Recruiter contacts and setup interviews.
Interview is face to face and may have to interview with a panel and may be multiple times (depending on position).
Offer is extended and then after employees accepts there is a detail process of Onboarding.
This is pretty standard format for airline industry across the board.

Interview Question – Questions are reasonable - Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spirit Airlines

Worked for Spirit Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spirit Airlines interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Spirit Airlines employees and interview candidates.