Spirit Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.5

United Airline Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines.

Interview

Applied online 08/24/2015. Received a conformation email stating that the company would like me to complete the video interview (via HireVue). The email stated that I have five days to complete the video interview. It also stated that upon completion, all "successful candidates" will be moving forward. I will complete it 8/27/2015 and update you guys.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Day goes as follows: Check-in (Get colored name badge) Presentation (company overview/job overview) Then you are spilt into groups according to your name badge color. In the groups you introduce yourself and you pick a card out of a bowl, read it outloud and answer the question. Then they make cuts. Then your color group is split into smaller groups and you make up an airline and present it. Then they make more cuts. After that is your face to face interview with 2 recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Why spirit? Difficult encounter with a customer? How would you handle a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Detroit, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

they give a presentation about the company before you are spit into groups by the color of your name tag. there are "three rounds" to this process. first you have to go in front of the whole group (mine was large) and say your name and number on your name tag, and then answer and question you pull out of a bowl. (hint: the questions are duplicated, so pay close attention, and think of how you would answer that question. it might also help to sit near the back/middle so that you can hear all of the questions.)After that is the first elimination. the second round we had to work as a team with the people sitting at our table. we had to create an airline and five characteristics you think are important for that airline to have. then you put it all on a board to present. (tip: make sure everyone has a chance to say something. even if it is there name and number. some teams came up with slogans and one even came up with a jingle.) after that is the second elimination. we then take a break which id advise you eat something and prepare for the F2F interviews. when everyone comes back we all gathered in the room we started in before we were split. we waited here until they called us back three at a time to start lining up for the interviews. during the interview they have you lift a bag over your head to see if you are physically capable to handle lifting. they ask a few questions and then send you to what they call the deliberation room i believe. you wait there until they call your name. (hint: if you get called to sit at a computer to input some information in then you have been selected, if not someone will call names three at a time and walk you to the elevators. they will go down with you and tell you TBNT and you can try again in six months.

Interview Questions

• if you could have lunch with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why? what would the head line of a news paper to describe you? favorite movie and why? what kind of party would you have and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Detroit, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

SPIRIT AIRLINES GROUP INTERVIEW : Hi , first you gotta dress up PROFESSIONALLY , and wear your smile :) 1.)The first part of the group interview is going in front of everybody , say you're name and your candidate number .. you pick a question on a bowl and answer it . 2.)Second part is you're gonna be grouped into 4 or 5 depending how many you are in the interview . You are going to list 5 traits of a Flight Attendant , then you have a big white paper where you draw an airplane and make your own "Airline" . Remember , this is a group activity so please do cooperate !! :) 3.)Third part is the Face to Face interview .. If you are not eliminated in the First and Second part of the interview process then you go here . *On the F2F you are going to be interviewed by two interviewers , you're gonna lift 40lbs luggage above your shoulders , and the f2f begins . *They are gonna hand you a Menu and do a role play as if you are serving them in a flight. Another role play of you trying to handle a passenger and a FA arguing . Etc.. Goodluck ! Have your passport and id's ready (originals)

Interview Questions

• what is your fav tv show ? How are you going to explain internet to a 80 yr old ? Do u think your a better person today than yesterday ? Why ? If you were on a newspaper what will the Title be ? Who is your Idol ? What is your hobby ? Who is your fav Person in History ? Who is your fav tv host ? If you had a party , where will it be held , why ? And so on .. Basically on your own opinion answers .. Smile ! Why Spirit ? Tell us about yourself , Tell me a time u argued with your boss , Why do you want to be a FA ? What are your weaknesses/strengths ? Tell me a time you handled unhappy customer , How would you explain to a customer complaining about paying luggage and food ? And so on ..   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

UNPROFESSIONAL! Cursing, middle fingers, and bashing other airlines in the presentation. I'm all about fun, but don't push professionalism and than have all that UNprofessional things in your presentation. If I were to curse in my face to face would that be acceptable? Dont think so. LONG drawn out day. Suppose to start at 8am but didn't start until 8:20am. Not on time, unprofessional. Was suppose to be FLL base interview, but told us all that this interview we would all be going to ORD base if we got hired. Way to tell us in advance Spirit! One of the ladies interviewing me got up and walked away in the middle of the interview, and she was very rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview on June 23rd in Las Vegas. Got there around 6:40am so I can be one of the first to enter, however many beat me to it. After checking in, we all gather in a large conference room where they spoke about the company and what to expect. I must say, I enjoyed every bit of it. After the presentation, we were then divided into groups of three colors in which we were separated to continue. We then introduced ourselves table by table sharing where we're from and to answer a question from the glass bottle. They then left the room to talk things over, came in and made some cuts. We then went on to another activity were we participated in a group activity and were closely watched by the hiring staff. They then made some more cuts and then we were dismissed for a lunch break. After lunch the remaining candidates gathered into the large conference room and then they started calling names by five at a time to set the face-to-face interview. I was called in the very first set, thank God because the wait seemed very long. I got offered the Job in which I then had to complete the background check, employment sheet, and drug test. We also took our ID pictures so please look your best. Also if you have tattoo's try to cover them up for the interview and don't forget your passport, many people got turned around for not having one with them. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you were in a conflict with another person.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Im not sure what happened to this airline, I worked for them before and they valued professionalism, not anymore. The PowerPoint has curse words( unprofessional) and there ads have many sexual references ( again unprofessional). It seems the new image is cheap/ trashy. Those running the interveiw were not dressed or behaving as professionals. Get it together spirit, low cost airfare does not need to equate to low class. Started interveiw with the song happy, and had everyone standing , clapping and the interviewers proceeded to pull interviewees out and dance ( very strange). The questions they asked where about reality T.V, favorite restuarants, superpowers and an array of non-professional type questions. It was all very strange and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• If you were one of the seven dwarfs, which would it be? If you could have any super power, what would it be and why? What is your favorite restaurant an why? Jus to name a few. These are the questions they ask as they weed out. My question what would a tshirt say that represents you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Over 300 people showed up for invitation only event. Started out at 8am. Had a long drawn out but fun presentation. Divided into our colors on our badge. Picked out a question from a bowl and answered it in front of everyone. Then they do their first cut. Second round, create an airline and 5 best qualities, characteristics of a flight attendant. They are watching you. Then they cut a second group. Round 3, face to face interview. 2 on 1. Long, long day. I was the last one interviewed. Show them how you would sell the menu and say announcement. Then after you done with your face to face, you are taken to a decision room where they will tell you if you are hired or not. If hired, you do your background check, drug test, and take a picture for your badge. I noticed some of the people they hired weren't dressed professionally and didn't have much confidence. Being that I'm a FA for another airline, you would think they like experience and someone who is confident.....nope. Overall, the interview was unprofessional. Cursing was a big part of it.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to the flight attendant recruitment in Fort Lauderdale, FL on June 3 2015. There was about 350-400 people there. Make sure you have your passport before you check in. They then give you a name tag (there was four different color name tag). After signing in, you go in the room to watch the video about the company, the pay, and benefits. After that they split people into four groups. I was in the blue group, everyone had to go in front of the room say their name and number pick out a question from the blow and answer it. After that the mangers and leaders go outside for about 20 mins. They come back in the room and start calling out numbers. Once your number is called, that mean you're not selected to continue with the interview. I was one of the individuals selected. Don't know what happens after that.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose a time period to go back, which one would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Lasted from early morning to late in the evening Didnt have to take so long. Group activity, then you talked a litle about yourself. Last was the one on one. Then background and drug test.