Spirit Halloween

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mesquite, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2013.

Interview Details – Only had one interview, which made sense considering it's a seasonal position. Interviewer got straight to the point. Asked many questions about work experience, personal traits(strengths/weaknesses), and finally testing scenarios. The interview mostly consisted of us talking about my accomplishments, managing successes, and/or failures. They will also want to know how much you love Halloween, Dressing up, and Spirit in general.

Interview Question – How would I respond to an employee who lies about stealing product, when you catch him/her in the act?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate and earn myself an extra dollar per hour.

Hyannis, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from my district manager saying he would like me to come in for a interview. The next day I went in and sat down with him. Since I worked their last year, I didn't have to answer as many questions. He asked me why I would be good for this position as well as what it involved. After about 10-15 minutes he told me to look out for the email that would have the link to finish up my employment with the company.

Interview Question – There weren't any during this interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need for negotiation since the pay Im getting at Spirit at the moment is much more then my sales associate position at a other company.

Kansas City, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, met with store manager a couple of days later outside the store (previous to the company "moving in"), he asked me if I could work 30 hours a week and if I was any good with people. Then he made me an offer.

Interview Question – The LACK of questions was unexpected.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2012.

Interview Details – - I contacted the general mgr directly by calling and texting his cell phone.
- It took 3-4 weeks for an interview and a job offer.
- I was interviewed by the general mgr and the district mgr.
- Questions: about my job experience, leadership, and ability to overcome adversity.

Interview Question – What was a difficult retail job experience of yours and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The general mgr refused to negotiate the pay rate.

Clearwater, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2011.

Interview Details – Put in an application and told to go to website to complete a survey. Was called in for an interview and hired on the spot.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - you are told what it pays and it's up to you to accept or decline.

Long Island City, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in May 2012.

Interview Details – Quick interview, basic form to fill out

Interview Question – why should I not hire you   View Answer

Savoy, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online at the website and immediately received a phone call asking if i could come in for an interview. the interview was quick and personable and i was told i was being hired on the spot and to come in for work the next day. i didn't actually fill out the paper work until my third day of work.

Interview Questions

• There were very few questions they were mostly about the daily running of a store   View Answer
  • I was asked how well i knew the computer system they used   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary making it higher than their first offer because i wanted ten cents more than i was getting paid at the job i left for this job and i had the experience that deserved that pay.

Assistant Manager

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to this position online and was contacted by the local store manager a few days later. I went in for a 1on1 interview that lasted roughly an hour and consisted of the store manager telling me how to answer questions about leadership. I was offered a job, but then the store manager had to find out if she could actually give me the job. This took like 3 days, even though I was told it would only take a few hours.

Interview Question – The interview consisted of basic "talk about a time when X happened and how did you deal with it" questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told my pay would be 11.50 an hour when accepting the job, however, when filling out payroll paperwork with the district manager, i was told that the max pay was 11 an hour, and I would have to take that instead.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spirit Halloween

Worked for Spirit Halloween? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spirit Halloween Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Spirit Halloween employees and interview candidates.