Spirit Halloween

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.0

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween.

I applied on their website and about a week later got a call to come in for an interview. The store I interviewed for had opened up late and was still in set up mode when I had come in. So we had to sit down on boxes. On top of being slightly nervous the AC in the store wasn't working, so both I and my boss were sweating during the whole interview. Despite the initial unusual circumstances, my employer made me feel very comfortable, and we ended up having the most laid back interview I've probably ever had.

Interview Questions
  • How would you rate your ability to convince others to do what you say?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Spirit Halloween

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2014.

Thorough. Included background check. Casual. I was interviewed by 2 store managers. One had a good head on her shoulders the other not so much. I ended up working with the one who didn't have a clue.

Interview Questions
    • Am I able to supervise a wide range of people.   View Answer
    No negotiations. Take it or leave it. It's a seasonal job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spirit Halloween in July 2014.

I applied online in mid July and received a call a few days later from the District Manager and had a brief phone interview. We then set up a face to face interview for a week later. We met at Dunkin Donuts and had a lengthy interview. He bought me coffee and we chatted for around 45 minutes. The interview was formal in the sense that he was following a corporate outline of prewritten questions but our conversations were relatively informal. I applied for a Sales Associate position but he believed that I'd be better in a management position so he interviewed me for an Assistant Managing position. He made me an offer at the end of the interview. After accepting the offer he had to run a background check and call my references. I was officially hired in a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were you almost or did lose your temper at work. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • 3 Strengths and 3 weaknesses   Answer Question
    He offered me $9.50 an hour and I accepted. There weren't any negotiations.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spirit Halloween.

There was one interview with both the Store Manager and the District Manger. The interview was very informal/ laid back.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly hard questions. Very standard interview questions for retail management.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was to be low balled and see if you bite. I reminded that DM of my experience level and let him know what I would be willing to accept. He returned with a second more suitable offer, which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween.

Interview was done in one of the stores that was being built at the time. No proper interview room, we just stood out in the open among other employees. They did not ask difficult questions. The interview was not done at the location that I was being hired for.

Interview Questions
    • None. The interview was easy because they were desperate for seasonal employees.   Answer Question
    There isn't one. They offer you a wage and you either decline or accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hempstead, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hempstead, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spirit Halloween in September 2013.

The interview was very fast and they asked me what my previous job experience was, and that was about it. I had to travel to another store that was still being built to take the interview.

They told me the starting pay was $10 /hr, and a raise was possible.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween in September 2012.

Simple enough. Many "give me an example of a time when you..." questions. The questions can be answered by giving examples of previous work experience or in your personal life, making it a great first job for associates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when someone was doing something that made you uncomfortable. Tell me what you did.   Answer Question