Spirit Halloween Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween.

Interview

I applied on their website and about a week later got a call to come in for an interview. The store I interviewed for had opened up late and was still in set up mode when I had come in. So we had to sit down on boxes. On top of being slightly nervous the AC in the store wasn't working, so both I and my boss were sweating during the whole interview. Despite the initial unusual circumstances, my employer made me feel very comfortable, and we ended up having the most laid back interview I've probably ever had.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your ability to convince others to do what you say?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Spirit Halloween

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Littleton, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Thorough. Included background check. Casual. I was interviewed by 2 store managers. One had a good head on her shoulders the other not so much. I ended up working with the one who didn't have a clue.

Interview Questions

• Am I able to supervise a wide range of people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Take it or leave it. It's a seasonal job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spirit Halloween in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online in mid July and received a call a few days later from the District Manager and had a brief phone interview. We then set up a face to face interview for a week later. We met at Dunkin Donuts and had a lengthy interview. He bought me coffee and we chatted for around 45 minutes. The interview was formal in the sense that he was following a corporate outline of prewritten questions but our conversations were relatively informal. I applied for a Sales Associate position but he believed that I'd be better in a management position so he interviewed me for an Assistant Managing position. He made me an offer at the end of the interview. After accepting the offer he had to run a background check and call my references. I was officially hired in a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were you almost or did lose your temper at work. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • 3 Strengths and 3 weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

He offered me $9.50 an hour and I accepted. There weren't any negotiations.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spirit Halloween.

Interview

There was one interview with both the Store Manager and the District Manger. The interview was very informal/ laid back.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly hard questions. Very standard interview questions for retail management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was to be low balled and see if you bite. I reminded that DM of my experience level and let him know what I would be willing to accept. He returned with a second more suitable offer, which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Interview was done in one of the stores that was being built at the time. No proper interview room, we just stood out in the open among other employees. They did not ask difficult questions. The interview was not done at the location that I was being hired for.

Interview Questions

• None. The interview was easy because they were desperate for seasonal employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't one. They offer you a wage and you either decline or accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spirit Halloween (West Hempstead, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was very fast and they asked me what my previous job experience was, and that was about it. I had to travel to another store that was still being built to take the interview.

Negotiation

They told me the starting pay was $10 /hr, and a raise was possible.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween in September 2012.

Interview

Simple enough. Many "give me an example of a time when you..." questions. The questions can be answered by giving examples of previous work experience or in your personal life, making it a great first job for associates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when someone was doing something that made you uncomfortable. Tell me what you did.   Answer Question