Spirit Halloween

Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Addison, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2011.

Interview Details – How I would be a great fit for the company? If my schedule would be flexible if anyone called off last minute? How reliable I am with transportation? Am I willing to travel to other stores?

Interview Question – Their was nothing difficult working with the company.   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in June 2011.

Interview Details – one interview with the district manager in charge. the interview consisted of basic questions like "Why did you choose this company?" "what is your strongest assets?" "give an example when you went above and beyond in a customer service issue" "Would your former employers re-hire you?" the interview takes about a half hour and you may or may not know right on the spot if you have the position or not.

Interview Question – There really are no difficult questions, this place does not require you to have much thought at all, and in a pinch they will hire just about anybody   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated higher pay based on my extensive management background

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Mesquite, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2013.

Interview Details – Only had one interview, which made sense considering it's a seasonal position. Interviewer got straight to the point. Asked many questions about work experience, personal traits(strengths/weaknesses), and finally testing scenarios. The interview mostly consisted of us talking about my accomplishments, managing successes, and/or failures. They will also want to know how much you love Halloween, Dressing up, and Spirit in general.

Interview Question – How would I respond to an employee who lies about stealing product, when you catch him/her in the act?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate and earn myself an extra dollar per hour.

Cambridge, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in July 2012.

Interview Details – Spirit Halloween operates as a seasonal store, and interviewing for sales associate positions usually takes place between August and September. Interviews are relatively laid back and typically last 15 to 20 minutes. Spirit Halloween interviews begin with light hearted questions like: "What is your dream job?" and "What do you like best about Halloween?" Store associates may also need to respond to behavior-based interview questions. A common behavioral question interviewees face in Spirit Halloween interviews consists of: "How do you handle an angry customer?" Applicants usually receive job offers on the spot or within a week.

Hiring for management jobs typically takes place from May until July. Managerial interview questions are primarily behavioral. Featured Spirit Halloween interview questions for managerial applicants include: "Can you tell me about a time when you turned a customer's negative experience into a positive one?" and "What was a difficult retail situation you encountered and how did you overcome it?" The last few minutes of a management interview are typically reserved for salary talks. Following Spirit Halloween job interviews, management applicants may need to pass drug screening, background checks, and reference checks.

Spirit Halloween is a laid back company, and applicants applying for sales associate jobs may dress in casual clothing for interviews. Management applicants should wear more professional business attire. All job hopefuls should exhibit passion for Halloween during interviews. Showing interest in putting together costumes and doing makeup may separate applicants from other candidates. When responding to Spirit Halloween interview questions, answers should be concise and exhibit customer focus. At the conclusion of interviews, applicants need to thank managers for their time.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call back for an interview, there wasn't really a interview he told me what I would me doing and when to start.

Interview Question – Can you smile?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Spirit Halloween

Interview Details – Applied online at the end of August, invited for a interview around the beginning of September. Asked the basic questions, with a few interesting choices in there lol. Got offered the job. Started the following week

Interview Question – What type of costume would you suggest for an elderly couple   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
West Hempstead, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was very fast and they asked me what my previous job experience was, and that was about it. I had to travel to another store that was still being built to take the interview.

Negotiation Details – They told me the starting pay was $10 /hr, and a raise was possible.

Floor Associate Interview

Floor Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in September 2013.

Interview Details – had an on the job interview which i appreciated as it actually tested you on the job told me id gotten the job and would call people in, but never called me

Interview Question – trying to field through questions about work history   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation just a minimum wage thing

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with district sales manager, followed by face to face interview then either face to face or phone with regional manger and background check

Interview Question – if you have retail management experience there is nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a temporary seasonal job so there's no real negotiation.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Spirit Halloween in September 2010.

Interview Details – Saw a "Now Hiring" sign as I was driving by the store. Just walked in and saw a few people unpacking boxes in an empty store. The manager noticed me right away and asked if I wanted an application. As she handed me one she asked if I could start today and hired me on the spot when I said yes. Easiest job I ever got.

Interview Question – None other than "Can you start today?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Manager just wanted to know how many hours I wanted per week and what shift I wanted to work.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spirit Halloween

Worked for Spirit Halloween? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spirit Halloween interview questions and advice. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by Spirit Halloween employees and interview candidates.