Spirit Halloween

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

1.7

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween.

I applied on their website and about a week later got a call to come in for an interview. The store I interviewed for had opened up late and was still in set up mode when I had come in. So we had to sit down on boxes. On top of being slightly nervous the AC in the store wasn't working, so both I and my boss were sweating during the whole interview. Despite the initial unusual circumstances, my employer made me feel very comfortable, and we ended up having the most laid back interview I've probably ever had.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate your ability to convince others to do what you say?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Spirit Halloween.

A good casual interview with people who have a passion for halloween. Even though I did not get the job, I thank them for the opportunity. Hope to reapply in the future.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I personally didn't have an interview. The manager at my local Spirit Halloween just had us come in and write our names down on a paper every time we checked in, and he kept track of who came in the most. At least, that's what I assumed. There was no formal process, just a few weeks of writing my name down followed by a call to come in.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Spirit Halloween.

They have a interview questions sheet with 6 sections on it with 3 questions each. They have to pick one question from each section., I suggest just being yourself during the interview. The manager can see that.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you saw a co worker steal?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween.

I applied in August and got a call back within 3 weeks for an interview the next day. I received a phone call to have an interview the next day. Interview went really smooth. Very laid back and easy questions. Basically just asking days available and when I could start. Got a call that night for an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me about a time when

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2014.

Thorough. Included background check. Casual. I was interviewed by 2 store managers. One had a good head on her shoulders the other not so much. I ended up working with the one who didn't have a clue.

Interview Questions
    • Am I able to supervise a wide range of people.   View Answer
    No negotiations. Take it or leave it. It's a seasonal job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2014.

Extremely easy interview, extra brownie points for peeps that have worked there before. Nothing out of the ordinary..they hire just about anybody. After all, it is seasonal. If they call you for an interview then you've probably already got the job..from my experience at least.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unusual, they were all basic   Answer Question
    Not really any negotiation..minimum wage

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spirit Halloween in July 2014.

I applied online in mid July and received a call a few days later from the District Manager and had a brief phone interview. We then set up a face to face interview for a week later. We met at Dunkin Donuts and had a lengthy interview. He bought me coffee and we chatted for around 45 minutes. The interview was formal in the sense that he was following a corporate outline of prewritten questions but our conversations were relatively informal. I applied for a Sales Associate position but he believed that I'd be better in a management position so he interviewed me for an Assistant Managing position. He made me an offer at the end of the interview. After accepting the offer he had to run a background check and call my references. I was officially hired in a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were you almost or did lose your temper at work. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • 3 Strengths and 3 weaknesses   Answer Question
    He offered me $9.50 an hour and I accepted. There weren't any negotiations.

Cashier Interview

Applied online at the end of August, invited for a interview around the beginning of September. Asked the basic questions, with a few interesting choices in there lol. Got offered the job. Started the following week

Interview Questions
    • What type of costume would you suggest for an elderly couple   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spirit Halloween.

There was one interview with both the Store Manager and the District Manger. The interview was very informal/ laid back.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly hard questions. Very standard interview questions for retail management.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was to be low balled and see if you bite. I reminded that DM of my experience level and let him know what I would be willing to accept. He returned with a second more suitable offer, which I accepted.