Spirit Halloween Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

1.7

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween.

Interview

I applied on their website and about a week later got a call to come in for an interview. The store I interviewed for had opened up late and was still in set up mode when I had come in. So we had to sit down on boxes. On top of being slightly nervous the AC in the store wasn't working, so both I and my boss were sweating during the whole interview. Despite the initial unusual circumstances, my employer made me feel very comfortable, and we ended up having the most laid back interview I've probably ever had.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your ability to convince others to do what you say?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Spirit Halloween.

Interview

A good casual interview with people who have a passion for halloween. Even though I did not get the job, I thank them for the opportunity. Hope to reapply in the future.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I personally didn't have an interview. The manager at my local Spirit Halloween just had us come in and write our names down on a paper every time we checked in, and he kept track of who came in the most. At least, that's what I assumed. There was no formal process, just a few weeks of writing my name down followed by a call to come in.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Spirit Halloween.

Interview

They have a interview questions sheet with 6 sections on it with 3 questions each. They have to pick one question from each section., I suggest just being yourself during the interview. The manager can see that.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw a co worker steal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween (Boynton Beach, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and it was easy and fast. Really laid back and casual , basically in and out. You do the interview in the actual store and they just tell you what you will be doing if you were to be hired and if you be able to do that. They're also interested in your availability. Just be friendly and confident and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Are you good working in a fast changing environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spirit Halloween (White Plains, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I saw a sign in the window about the store coming soon, applied online, and was called about two weeks later. I set up an interview for the next day. I went in and was greeted by the supervisor and chatted about fun personal stuff (where I went to college, my dyed hair, etc.). He asked me two questions regarding what if scenarios. I answered one right and one kind of right, and was hired on the spot. I started the next day. I was told that I was hired by the way I presented myself when I walked into the store, before I even sat down with him.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a customer stealing something and trying to walk out with it what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated availability, but nothing more.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween (Denver, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online. You do have to create a profile with them, which you will use to complete your new hire package, and complete a personality questionnaire. It was very basic. The entire process took 15 to 20 minutes. Within an hour of applying on-line, I was contacted by phone to arrange an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a past situation where you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer/ how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Spirit Halloween (Boynton Beach, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was very laid back and simple. Nothing too crazy. I showed up in a shirt and tie with resume in hand, and none of it was needed. My manager and I would always laugh at how I dressed for the interview. It's a fun halloween job. So be fun. During the interview I became more relaxed as I did most of the talking about myself, what my experience was, and what I could offer the business. After the interview I was immediately told that I would receive a "Welcome To The Team" email where I would have more information. That was it. I was hired. Very simple. Very easy.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multitasking and working under pressure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Spirit Halloween (Altamonte Springs, FL).

Interview

I applied in August and got a call back within 3 weeks for an interview the next day. I received a phone call to have an interview the next day. Interview went really smooth. Very laid back and easy questions. Basically just asking days available and when I could start. Got a call that night for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time when   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Spirit Halloween (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Extremely easy interview, extra brownie points for peeps that have worked there before. Nothing out of the ordinary..they hire just about anybody. After all, it is seasonal. If they call you for an interview then you've probably already got the job..from my experience at least.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unusual, they were all basic   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation..minimum wage