Splash Media

Splash Media Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

Social Media Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Splash Media.

They schedule a phone interview first to get a feel for you and make sure you're not an idiot. Then they call all your references. It was fairly straight forward. It would help to demonstrate that you read up on Mashable and other current social media trends.

Interview Questions
    • What's the 3 things you want me to remember about you?   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Splash Media in October 2014.

The hiring process was good, I would say great, but I did not receive an offer. However, I did appreciate receiving an email letting me know that they had made a selection and wished me best of luck. There was even an open invitation to speak with the hiring manager if I wanted to know why I was not selected. (Pretty gutsy move, not everyone does that!) It was nice not being left in the dark.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a specific question that seemed to stand out as more difficult, but be ready to explain your answers. It's the question after the question, then after the question that posed the biggest challenge.   Answer Question

Social Media/Digital Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Splash Media in May 2014.

This is without a doubt the best interview process I have ever had. It was challenging but fair. To apply I had to send in a short answer to a question prompt regarding the power of social media. I received a call to come into the office for a group interview. The interview process lasted about 3 hours. There was a total of 8 people interviewing at one time. First, we had a individual copyrighting contest where we had to write social ad copy for a variety of different brands, social platforms, and business scenarios. Interviewee copy was voted on by staff from the company and a winner was chosen for each copy task. After the copy contest, was a short written grammar test where we were broken up into two groups and had 15 minuets to answer as many grammar question as possible. Then there was a break for lunch (Pizza was served). The last task was a social campaign case. We were given a creative brief and tasked with coming up with a social campaign to help solve the goal of the company. We were put into two groups again and were given 30 minuets to come up with a social campaign. We were also given help by the staff if we needed any questions answered or graphics created. Lastly, we had 15 minuets to pitch our social media campaign. We then received critiques from the staff. After, the interview we were told that we would be contacted within the next week. I was offered and accepted. Overall it was an extremely fun and challenging interview. The interview process prepared me well for the type of pace the company worked at.

Interview Questions
    • Please write a slogan for this erotic photography studio.   Answer Question
    I received a call from the Director of Production Services and we discussed a hourly salary and hours per week for the internship.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Splash Media.

Kept constant communication via email. Once a job opportunity came up they kept me in mind and asked me to come in for an interview. The address will deceive you so make sure you know exactly where you are going or show up twenty minutes early.

The interview was pretty plan and simple. Questions weren't too hard or demanding. There is an assessment you have to take after which lasts about an hour and a half. Be prepared for that. The assessment demands that you be creative and know your social media stuff.

Be sure to brush up on the social media world, what companies are doing well with social media? What companies aren't doing so well? Etc.

Social Media Interview

Interview was not too bad really, it was just random talking and building up the company giving false expectations. They are a social media company, so IF you choose to interview make sure you have gone through your social networks and cleaned them up because they do look. If you send a thank you email, don't expect a response.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any difficult questions, just irrelevant ones.   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Splash Media in March 2013.

My interview with Splash was great. I was greeted quickly and didn't have to wait long to get my interview started. I hate waiting for some one high up the chain to interview me 20 min after the scheduled time, so it was nice that I was pulled in quickly. During the interview I was questioned on my thoughts of the company and what I knew about the company already. The interviewer was able to give me more information based on my questions I had about the company. He was also able to give me a forecast of what to expect during my first full week if I was hired and where he believed the company was going in the future. He was VERY honest. I was currently employed with another company when I interviewed so I was thankful for the extra information. After my first interview, I received a call within 3 to 5 days for a follow up interview with one other person a bit higher up the chain. Again, I was greeted quickly by both interviewers. The second interview went great. I was asked several questions about my past history and this time the questions were a bit more detailed and specific. After the interview I waited a week and received my offer call. Overall, the interview process was quick and painless. As soon as I walked in I knew it was an environment I wanted to work in. The space was open and inviting. It seemed like everyone could easily ask questions, brainstorm as a group, joke around, have fun and still be great at their job.

Interview Questions
    • My most unexpected question was, "What are some of the negative things you've heard about Splash."   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate. I was coming over from a job already and was only willing to leave that position for a salary increase. I offered a number and was told no, but given another option. I declined it and we met in the middle which was still higher than the job I left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

interviewed at Splash Media in January 2012.

There is really no formal process. Just run for the hills. DON"T DO IT

Interview Questions
    • They don't ask questions that make sense. Just don't go to the interview.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

5 minutes, just asked if you were a "job hopper"