Splash Media Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Splash Media.

Interview

Easy interview .Just a formal discussion with all Leaders.Overall the interview was good.Just be prepared to speak about social media analysis.Giving ideas on what all things can be done to improve social media marketing and how social media data is important for you.

Interview Questions

• Experience with social media   1 Answer

Splash Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Splash Media (Addison, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online on February 2015. I had to submit my resume, promotion concept and strategy for a hypothetical social media campaign and image assets to support the promotion. Specifically for the images, I had to submit : • (2) Facebook images at 1000x1000px • (1) Facebook Images, 1200x627px • (3) Twitter Images, 1024x512px • (3) Instagram Images, correct ratio The deadline to submit your application was March 2015. A month after the deadline I got an email stating that I was selected to participate in the Intern Dive-In-Day. There were 3 different type of interns and all were brought together to do activities like coming up with tweets and slogans and then to develop a campaign concept and present. As a graphic design intern I had to create logos for the different teams while the senior Graphic Designer was creating graphic assets for the presentations. I left the office with a good impression about the people and an oral verification that I would be joining the team for the summer. After that though they had me over a month going back and forth with the Director and HR to get a written offer and at the end they said that they wouldn't have a graphic design intern for the summer. They made me feel annoying continuously following up with them. Even if they are a small company they are disorganized and they don't know who to direct you to when you have questions, they are slow to reply and apparently they are friendly just for appearances.

Interview Questions

• Practically there were not any questions. It was more to get to know you and if you would fit in their environment.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Splash Media.

Interview

They schedule a phone interview first to get a feel for you and make sure you're not an idiot. Then they call all your references. It was fairly straight forward. It would help to demonstrate that you read up on Mashable and other current social media trends.

Interview Questions

• What's the 3 things you want me to remember about you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Splash Media in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was good, I would say great, but I did not receive an offer. However, I did appreciate receiving an email letting me know that they had made a selection and wished me best of luck. There was even an open invitation to speak with the hiring manager if I wanted to know why I was not selected. (Pretty gutsy move, not everyone does that!) It was nice not being left in the dark.

Interview Questions

• There was not a specific question that seemed to stand out as more difficult, but be ready to explain your answers. It's the question after the question, then after the question that posed the biggest challenge.   Answer Question

Social Media/Digital Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splash Media in May 2014.

Interview

This is without a doubt the best interview process I have ever had. It was challenging but fair. To apply I had to send in a short answer to a question prompt regarding the power of social media. I received a call to come into the office for a group interview. The interview process lasted about 3 hours. There was a total of 8 people interviewing at one time. First, we had a individual copyrighting contest where we had to write social ad copy for a variety of different brands, social platforms, and business scenarios. Interviewee copy was voted on by staff from the company and a winner was chosen for each copy task. After the copy contest, was a short written grammar test where we were broken up into two groups and had 15 minuets to answer as many grammar question as possible. Then there was a break for lunch (Pizza was served). The last task was a social campaign case. We were given a creative brief and tasked with coming up with a social campaign to help solve the goal of the company. We were put into two groups again and were given 30 minuets to come up with a social campaign. We were also given help by the staff if we needed any questions answered or graphics created. Lastly, we had 15 minuets to pitch our social media campaign. We then received critiques from the staff. After, the interview we were told that we would be contacted within the next week. I was offered and accepted. Overall it was an extremely fun and challenging interview. The interview process prepared me well for the type of pace the company worked at.

Interview Questions

• Please write a slogan for this erotic photography studio.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a call from the Director of Production Services and we discussed a hourly salary and hours per week for the internship.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Splash Media (Addison, TX).

Interview

Kept constant communication via email. Once a job opportunity came up they kept me in mind and asked me to come in for an interview. The address will deceive you so make sure you know exactly where you are going or show up twenty minutes early. The interview was pretty plan and simple. Questions weren't too hard or demanding. There is an assessment you have to take after which lasts about an hour and a half. Be prepared for that. The assessment demands that you be creative and know your social media stuff. Be sure to brush up on the social media world, what companies are doing well with social media? What companies aren't doing so well? Etc.

Interview Questions

• How much do you expect to make here?   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Interview

Interview was not too bad really, it was just random talking and building up the company giving false expectations. They are a social media company, so IF you choose to interview make sure you have gone through your social networks and cleaned them up because they do look. If you send a thank you email, don't expect a response.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any difficult questions, just irrelevant ones.   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splash Media (Addison, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

My interview with Splash was great. I was greeted quickly and didn't have to wait long to get my interview started. I hate waiting for some one high up the chain to interview me 20 min after the scheduled time, so it was nice that I was pulled in quickly. During the interview I was questioned on my thoughts of the company and what I knew about the company already. The interviewer was able to give me more information based on my questions I had about the company. He was also able to give me a forecast of what to expect during my first full week if I was hired and where he believed the company was going in the future. He was VERY honest. I was currently employed with another company when I interviewed so I was thankful for the extra information. After my first interview, I received a call within 3 to 5 days for a follow up interview with one other person a bit higher up the chain. Again, I was greeted quickly by both interviewers. The second interview went great. I was asked several questions about my past history and this time the questions were a bit more detailed and specific. After the interview I waited a week and received my offer call. Overall, the interview process was quick and painless. As soon as I walked in I knew it was an environment I wanted to work in. The space was open and inviting. It seemed like everyone could easily ask questions, brainstorm as a group, joke around, have fun and still be great at their job.

Interview Questions

• My most unexpected question was, "What are some of the negative things you've heard about Splash."   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I was coming over from a job already and was only willing to leave that position for a salary increase. I offered a number and was told no, but given another option. I declined it and we met in the middle which was still higher than the job I left.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I interviewed at Splash Media (Addison, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

There is really no formal process. Just run for the hills. DON"T DO IT

Interview Questions

• They don't ask questions that make sense. Just don't go to the interview.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Interview

5 minutes, just asked if you were a "job hopper"