Splunk

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Splunk in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1 technical phone screen with no technical questions

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Splunk in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for front end engineer, contacted by the HR within 2 weeks of application, and scheduled for an interview days later.

Interview Question – The questions are not hard. Asked about previous projects, basic JAVA concepts, and questions regarding Javascript.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

Interviewed at Splunk

Interview Details – Interviewed by four or five individuals. Moderate chit chat and discussion of background, interests, problem-solving techniques. Was highly impressed with consideration and politeness of interviewers. The company needs better communication between recruiters and interviewers.

Interview Question – Perl scripting   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Splunk.

Interview Details – Applied for the position through LinkedIn, within a week an HR contacted me about the opportunity. For the following week I had two technical phone interviews with the technical members in the team. I cleared both the interviews and was called for a day long onsite interview.

The onsite interview process was pretty smooth. Mostly open ended questions like how would you design a search tool and some question about debugging skills.

Interview Question – The questions were bit tricky, like the open ended ones when there is no right and wrong answer.   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Splunk in March 2011.

Interview Details – Splunk people are not organised.They dont know what they need from candidate.
Eventhough they knew that i did not have the skills they were looking for they called me for personal interview and wasted my 1 full day.
Beware of it and make sure your skillset matches before going for an interview.
Otherwise you will waste your time.....

Interview Question – Sorting algorithms,Performace,scalability,Unix and Linux   Answer Question

Interviewed at Splunk

Interview Details – First round phone interview. Data structure and algorithm.
Second round on site, more questions about operating system.

Interview Question – operating system questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Splunk in May 2012.

Interview Details – Career fair meeting. Then the person who I met at the career fair called me (cold, no warning), to ask me some technical questions. After I answered these, they wanted to set up a time to do a programming skills test. They then sent me an email with the specs for this test. They gave 4 hours to complete the task of writing this in two different languages. It was very easy. After completing this, they asked me to implement it in a different way than I had at first. This was also relatively easy. However, I guess it wasn't that easy, because they didn't call me back for a further interview. Not sure what I did, as there was no communication about this.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between final and finally in Java?   View Answer
  • Explain mutability in Python with examples.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Splunk in April 2011.

Interview Details – It's just like any other tech interview - came in the morning, met with a few people, talked about what they did, what I've done in previous jobs, got asked some technical questions. Had lunch with some employees.

Splunk is uber laid back - it's very informal, there's always something going on, and just a good place to be around.

Overall, people were very nice and willing to answer questions.

Negotiation Details – Negotiate a job, team and work that you're passionate about. Everything else just works out afterwards.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Splunk

Worked for Splunk? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Splunk Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Splunk employees and interview candidates.