Sponsors For Educational Opportunity

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Internship Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview Details – Applied in November. Had first Skype interview in December and another in February. Still waiting to hear back. Took them through my experiences that were listed on my resume. Asked basic question such as "what do investment banks do?" Know the different pieces of an investment bank and why you are interested in working for one. Not too difficult.

Interview Question – How are accounting principles used in Investment banking?   Answer Question

Non-Profit Intern Interview

Interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity

Interview Details – After you submit your application, if you make it through the first round you are invited for the interview. I scheduled a Skype interview because I was out of the country at the time. The connect was bad on their end, so only my video was on, but the interviewer's was off. The interviewer was late to beginning to session, and there was quite a bit of background noise. Didn't seem to be the most professional way to conduct an interview. Otherwise, she was really nice, asked a few questions about my skills, background, interests, why SEO etc..

Interview Question – Rate your knowledge of Excel...   Answer Question

Consulting Internship Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity in February 2013.

Interview Details – SEO recruits heavily on campus so it was quite simple to acquire a first round interview. First round was in-person and was fairly easy mostly ask about your resume and why you are the correct choice for SEO. The hardest question was a business case type question where they make you read a WST article. I was offered a second round interview with the head of the consulting division from their HQ in NYC over Skype. This wasn't really an interview because she informed me that I was unable to be in the recruiting process with SEO and another consulting company that I had already had a final round interview with. I wasn't extended an offer with that consulting firm and I informed the NYC office of such and the basically said "OK, thanks for telling us". Then I waited almost a month and a half before they let me know that I wouldn't be offered by SEO.

Interview Question – They give you an article from WST and they ask you to read and analyze it. Afterwords they ask you some simple math questions to calculate something relevant to the article. Similar to a business case question.   View Answer

Investment Banking Program Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied Online. Then Phone Screen. Finally-Panel Interview.

Interview Question – Questions about an article.   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity in December 2010.

Interview Details – The first step is always to attend an on-campus recruiting event. Your application online will determine if you get a phone interview. Then, you will be offered an in-person interview. My advice to anyone is to always always make sure you are aware of market trends.

Interview Question – Structure a portfolio of different securities and what is the expected return on the portfolio?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview Details – Online application and, if you passed that, an interview round, following which will be interviewing with employers.

Interview Question – Fairly standard questions, mainly about past experience. Few technical questions.   Answer Question

Nonprofit Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview Details – Online application, then conducted a basic phone screen. In-person interview was 1 hour long and heard back several weeks later.

Interview Question – If you were planning an event for your organization, what steps would you take? What would you do and how would you organize yourself?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview Details – The hiring process begins with a phone or skype interview by one of the career managers. If you are successful in the interview, you will be called up for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – I was asked to read an article concerning a certain merger and acquisition; after which I was asked to calculate the profit margin, given that my background is accounting.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online. Had a skype interview, and then an inperson interview. After my inperson interview, I had an online follow up interview

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Investment Banking Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity in January 2008.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview which lasted 30 mins.

Interview Question – What is a better indicator for capital budgeting projects? IRR or NPV and why?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sponsors For Educational Opportunity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sponsors For Educational Opportunity employees and interview candidates.