Sponsors For Educational Opportunity

Updated Jul 31, 2015

3.1

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (Washington, DC).

Interview

Be prepared to answer a range of questions from behavioral to technical. The interviewer will start off by asking you questions from your resume and then work up in difficulty. I had been in constant contact with my campus recruiter so I only had one interview that lasted about 30 minutes.

IB Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview

It takes them a long time to answer any question you have. I first had a Skype interview, and then I went to their office in NY for an interview. They recommended me to change from IB to consulting, so I changed. After two weeks, they told all their spots in consulting were full. I wanted to change to my third option, but they never answer my emails.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview

Applied in November. Had first Skype interview in December and another in February. Still waiting to hear back. Took them through my experiences that were listed on my resume. Asked basic question such as "what do investment banks do?" Know the different pieces of an investment bank and why you are interested in working for one. Not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How are accounting principles used in Investment banking?   Answer Question

Non-Profit Intern Interview

Interview

After you submit your application, if you make it through the first round you are invited for the interview. I scheduled a Skype interview because I was out of the country at the time. The connect was bad on their end, so only my video was on, but the interviewer's was off. The interviewer was late to beginning to session, and there was quite a bit of background noise. Didn't seem to be the most professional way to conduct an interview. Otherwise, she was really nice, asked a few questions about my skills, background, interests, why SEO etc..

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Two in-person interviews. Tested on data management and familiarity with Excel. Then, asked on how you would transition into the job. Finally, you are asked about your interest in the field of education. I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 2. Why are you interested in the field of education? 3. Describe your time-management/organizational skills in relation to one of the jobs on your resume.   Answer Question

Consulting Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

SEO recruits heavily on campus so it was quite simple to acquire a first round interview. First round was in-person and was fairly easy mostly ask about your resume and why you are the correct choice for SEO. The hardest question was a business case type question where they make you read a WST article. I was offered a second round interview with the head of the consulting division from their HQ in NYC over Skype. This wasn't really an interview because she informed me that I was unable to be in the recruiting process with SEO and another consulting company that I had already had a final round interview with. I wasn't extended an offer with that consulting firm and I informed the NYC office of such and the basically said "OK, thanks for telling us". Then I waited almost a month and a half before they let me know that I wouldn't be offered by SEO.

Interview Questions

• They give you an article from WST and they ask you to read and analyze it. Afterwords they ask you some simple math questions to calculate something relevant to the article. Similar to a business case question.   1 Answer

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

The first step is always to attend an on-campus recruiting event. Your application online will determine if you get a phone interview. Then, you will be offered an in-person interview. My advice to anyone is to always always make sure you are aware of market trends.

Interview Questions

• Structure a portfolio of different securities and what is the expected return on the portfolio?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied Online. Then Phone Screen. Finally-Panel Interview.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview

Online application and, if you passed that, an interview round, following which will be interviewing with employers.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard questions, mainly about past experience. Few technical questions.   Answer Question

Nonprofit Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sponsors For Educational Opportunity.

Interview

Online application, then conducted a basic phone screen. In-person interview was 1 hour long and heard back several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If you were planning an event for your organization, what steps would you take? What would you do and how would you organize yourself?   Answer Question