Sport Chek Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014

1.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sport Chek in May 2012.

Got a phone call from the head office to set up a phone interview time. After completion of the phone interview, they gave me a date and time to head to my local store to be interviewed. The phone interview was very basic from what I remember, asking about past work experience(s), what sort of sports I was interested in etc. The interview at the store was even more informal, I met the manager and we chatted for a bit, he hired me on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for Sport Chek

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sport Chek in August 2014.

Applied online. Filled in an 90 question survey based mainly on your personality and involvement in sports. Also included previous work experience/resume. Received a phone call a few days later and did an over the phone interview. After that was scheduled for an in-person interview. Manager I met in person was extremely friendly and made it like a normal conversation. Definitely didn't make me feel nervous. Phone interview was harder than the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you've gone above and beyond to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a goal you've accomplished and how you went about accomplishing it   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Sport Chek in July 2014.

I received an initial call only a few hours after I submitted the online application and questionnaire. Very friendly interviewer over the phone - he asked me questions about my past work experience, a few situational questions (i.e. how to deal with a difficult customer, and an example of how I did in the past). Told me he thought I was a great candidate, and set up an interview in store about a week later. The interview in-store was with the assistant manager. She asked me 3 questions, all about being active and if I would be ok with asking customers for donations to their charities and what not. Nothing really about work experience or my qualifications, it was a bit odd but I guess they cover that in the initial screening. Thought it went well, but then I got a call a few days later saying I didn't get the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sport Chek in August 2012.

Basic interview, situational questions as well as a very long multiple choice quiz to evaluate characteristics.

Interview Questions
    This was my first job, and did not have anything to compare or negotiate to.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sport Chek in July 2013.

Essentially they look for friendly faces, who are active and can multitask.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sport Chek.

I applied online after I seen that a new store was being built. The application online was long - you are asked 80ish questions, all questions built to get to know you a little better and a little what would you do in this situation questions. HQ called me about 2-3 days later, where I was given 2 interviews in the same day - the first one was basic questions, pretty easy. 2nd interview went more in depth with the questions, overall not too hard. The recruiter then scheduled an in person interview, where I met with one of the managers. I was given 3-4 questions top, and they were really easy. Questions such as what sports are you currently involved in, and why do you want to work here. Also went through my resume and asked me about each job that I held. Manager was really easy going, so it made the interview so much easier.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sport Chek in January 2012.

I initially applied for the job position online. After I finished filling in all of my resume information, I had to take a "survey" which asked questions in terms of what I would do in a situation. About a week and a half later, I got a call from HQ, and I was asked pre-screening questions. Easy enough. Why I wanted the job, how I was active, what kind of sports I did. HQ said I would be called back by the end of the week if they wanted me to continue on with an interview. I got a call the next day, and my interview was scheduled for the next week, over the phone with HQ. The first interview, over the phone, lasted about 20 minutes. It was all situational questions, which was also easy enough. HQ asked for references, which I emailed. I got another in person interview scheduled for me for the next week, which was a shorter version of the first interview, but with more questions used to gauge my personality a bit. 2 days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to stay active, and why is it important?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Sport Chek in September 2009.

I went in and applied in store. Got a call maybe a week later. Came in arrive on time and asked for manager. Waited a bit then brought into office. Asked generic interview questions and tried to figure me out a bit. Asked silly stuff like my favourite food and things like that (probably for personality purposes). Got a call next day and offered job as a cashier. (most amazing cash experience i've had... so much experience)

Interview Questions

Worked for Sport Chek? Contribute to the Community!