Sport Chek

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sport Chek.

It was a very long and tedious process, I had to go through 2 phone interview, numerous tests, and 1 on 1 interview. I believe I was beyond qualified however due to my young face and age it was shot down. Sometimes they give you different location and position than the one in applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Sport Chek in November 2014.

- Filled out online questionnaire.
    - Received a call 2 days later, had a phone interview with recruitment on the spot.
    - Seemed to do well, so she scheduled me for an in person jnterview the following week and said they would probably ask the same questions as she did (so make note of what they ask you).
    - In person interview is TBD

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation of a time you went above and beyond for a customer, how did you do it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Full-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sport Chek.

I applied online and completed an 80 question survey about your lifestyle and personality. About a week later I got a call an completed on on phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. Questions were easy and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, why do you want to work for us? What's a goal you achieved and how did you work towards achieving it? How do you live an active and healthy lifestyle? Etc. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person interview 3 days later. The in person interview was a lot simpler than on the phone, I told the register who I was and they called down the manager who walked me to his office. This interview lasted about 15 minutes with a lot more simpler questions, mostly about your personality, active lifestyle, and why you think you would be a good fit. At the end of the interview I got offered a position that started the following week

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you as compared to other applicants?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sport Chek in August 2014.

Applied online. Filled in an 90 question survey based mainly on your personality and involvement in sports. Also included previous work experience/resume. Received a phone call a few days later and did an over the phone interview. After that was scheduled for an in-person interview. Manager I met in person was extremely friendly and made it like a normal conversation. Definitely didn't make me feel nervous. Phone interview was harder than the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you've gone above and beyond to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a goal you've accomplished and how you went about accomplishing it   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Sport Chek in July 2014.

I received an initial call only a few hours after I submitted the online application and questionnaire. Very friendly interviewer over the phone - he asked me questions about my past work experience, a few situational questions (i.e. how to deal with a difficult customer, and an example of how I did in the past). Told me he thought I was a great candidate, and set up an interview in store about a week later. The interview in-store was with the assistant manager. She asked me 3 questions, all about being active and if I would be ok with asking customers for donations to their charities and what not. Nothing really about work experience or my qualifications, it was a bit odd but I guess they cover that in the initial screening. Thought it went well, but then I got a call a few days later saying I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sport Chek in July 2014.

Completed online with FGL Sports, response in a few business days.
    Phone interview consisted of several behavioral type questions (What would you do if you don't know something about a product?) and some clarification based on your application/profile submitted.
    Scheduled an interview within a week.
    The interview itself was pretty easy. A lot of questions was just trying to understand your character to see if you fit in.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult really. I guess the hardest would be "Explain a time you acted under pressure"   Answer Question

Clothing Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sport Chek.

The interviewer was paged down to meet me on arrival. We shook hands and she walked me to the back office. She was very friendly and made me feel as comfortable as possible - making small talk along the way to break the ice. The interview itself took roughly 15 minutes and the questions were pretty straight forward. I showed confidence in my concise answers and got the job at the end of the interview.

Clothing Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sport Chek in May 2014.

I applied online through their website where I answered an extensive amount of multiple choice questions. I got a call a few days later where I was interviewed through the phone. I was asked 4 really general questions. A few days later, got another call from the same person, was interviewed again with more extensive questions, which lasted about 10 minutes. I was then scheduled me for an in-store interview with the manager.(The phone interviewer is not the manager.) At the store interview, the manager got called down and I was led to his office. Here, I handed in my resume and availability. I was asked similar, easier and fewer questions than the ones asked through the phone. Lasted about 10 minutes. Got an email two days after informing me that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Sportchek when there are other retailers such as Lululemon who sell athletic wear as well?   View Answers (2)

Sportchek Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sport Chek.

Application process is done online. When you submit your resume you also complete a personality test. If you are selected after that they will call for a phone interview, they will ask about your resume, how you would handle certain situations and what sports you play. After that they will ask you to come into the store for a in person interview, which is very similar to the phone interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sport Chek.

Very easy and straight forward. I applied to a new sport chek opening in my town. Followed online steps to apply completed around an 80 question survey and submitted my resume. About a week later I received a phone call where I was ask three very general questions about solving problems and working with others within my workplace and was offered a face to face interview scheduled 2 weeks later. I arrived at the interview and met with the store general manager who was veey friendly and made the process easy. I was asked 3 similar questions tothe phone interview and had no problems with the process. The face to face interview lasted about 15 minutes. Later that night I recieved a phone call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • For help google seach sport chek interview questions and the questions asked will be there   Answer Question