Sport Clips

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hair Stylist

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sport Clips.

Interview Details – Simple procedure. did a technical and face to face on same day and was immediately hired.
You will be directed to bring a model to the interview t do a haircut on. Obviously,you will need a male unless you know a female wearing a clipper 2-3 guard, sides and back, with a finger length top.

Interview Question – There were none for me.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Charleston, WV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sport Clips in September 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring wasn't bad at all interview was nice and casual, if hired you can start as early that week!

Interview Question – just be yourself whatever you question will be answer is how you feel!!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – she offered a far amount and I Took it!!

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sport Clips.

Interview Details – Phone interview, one on one interview with the store owner, technical interview consisting of doing 2 haircuts.

Interview Question – I didn't find it difficult and nothing asked was unexpected. It was a very typical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, I was just told what the position paid

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Rosenberg, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sport Clips in May 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out application, got offered an interview the day I turned it in. First manager approved of me, then had to go in for second interview with Owner. She loved me, and offered me the job!

Interview Question – why would you be a good addition to this team?   Answer Question

Sport Clips Hair Stylist Interview

Sport Clips Hair Stylist
Lake Forest, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sport Clips in May 2013.

Interview Details – New to experienced stylist accepted. Review video of "5 Point Play"/ Steps to create a Championship experience for men and boys! Must be team player. Fast and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Can I trust you?   View Answer
  • You have to demonstrate that you can do a clipper and scissor cut in 15min. You'll need two models.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. Stylists start at $9 the first few months then quickly jump to $10 with Tips of course. It's a GREAT p/t job.

Very Easy Interview

Cosmetologist Interview

Cosmetologist
Huntersville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sport Clips in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had a wonderful interview with Sue the Regional Manager. She hired me on the spot for I have 25 years of experience.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions. The main question was, "Why did you leave your last hairstylist position"?   View Answer

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sport Clips in August 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application with my online resume. I got a call back in 2 days from the manager to set up the interview. The next day I met with the manager. She was wonderful and friendly. I felt it went well. Next day I went in and did 2 clipper cuts to demonstrate my cutting ability.

Interview Question – Name a time you had a difficult client in your chair- how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sport Clips in July 2010.

Interview Details – The process was fairly quick I applied and about 4 to 5 days later I received a phone call to go to a interview in Georgetown and the lady that interviewed me was very nice and was very understanding at the time I had just graduated high school and was a baby to the fair business.

Interview Question – The typical question's such as, what do you think you can bring to the company? What skills do you have?   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Stylist
Cumming, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sport Clips in July 2012.

Interview Details – Called after getting a flyer in the mail

Interview Question – Basic questions about how long you have been doing hair   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not one

Stylist Interview

Stylist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Sport Clips.

Interview Details – they use a temp service so they can filter all the problems

Interview Question – can you work and have no life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – terrible

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sport Clips

Worked for Sport Clips? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sport Clips interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sport Clips employees and interview candidates.