Sport Clips

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.2

Hair Stylist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sport Clips.

The interview process was ok. But it seems the stylists need to be 20 something to get hired. I'm 41 and just getting back into the salon industry. The new manager that interviewed me was much younger than me and even made a comment that I should be interviewing her! They were nice enough but I don't think it pays to be yourself. I made a little joke about calling off work and being late all the time and the girl though I was serious. Lighten up!

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sport Clips in October 2014.

I worked my way up for stylist, to store manager to Area Manager. The interview for stylist was a face to face followed by a technical. Very easy and effiecent

Interview Questions
    It was a set base pay with commission and tips

Hair Stylist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sport Clips.

Simple procedure. did a technical and face to face on same day and was immediately hired.
    You will be directed to bring a model to the interview t do a haircut on. Obviously,you will need a male unless you know a female wearing a clipper 2-3 guard, sides and back, with a finger length top.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sport Clips.

Phone interview, one on one interview with the store owner, technical interview consisting of doing 2 haircuts.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find it difficult and nothing asked was unexpected. It was a very typical interview.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, I was just told what the position paid

Cosmetologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sport Clips in October 2013.

I had a wonderful interview with Sue the Regional Manager. She hired me on the spot for I have 25 years of experience.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult questions. The main question was, "Why did you leave your last hairstylist position"?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sport Clips in September 2013.

Hiring wasn't bad at all interview was nice and casual, if hired you can start as early that week!

Interview Questions
    • just be yourself whatever you question will be answer is how you feel!!   Answer Question
    she offered a far amount and I Took it!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sport Clips in August 2013.

I submitted an online application with my online resume. I got a call back in 2 days from the manager to set up the interview. The next day I met with the manager. She was wonderful and friendly. I felt it went well. Next day I went in and did 2 clipper cuts to demonstrate my cutting ability.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a difficult client in your chair- how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sport Clips Hair Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sport Clips in May 2013.

New to experienced stylist accepted. Review video of "5 Point Play"/ Steps to create a Championship experience for men and boys! Must be team player. Fast and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Can I trust you?   View Answer
    • You have to demonstrate that you can do a clipper and scissor cut in 15min. You'll need two models.   View Answer
    No real negotiation. Stylists start at $9 the first few months then quickly jump to $10 with Tips of course. It's a GREAT p/t job.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sport Clips.

they use a temp service so they can filter all the problems

terrible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sport Clips in August 2012.

Initial interview with the Manager and cut a male model during the same time. I was asked how I felt about selling products while cutting at the same time. I was timed during the whole cut and went a few minutes over the 15 minute time table for the cut.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how I thought I could do with the structure that is required there, also if I thought I could sell enough products to meet their quota.   View Answer

After giving it much thought, I declined an offer for employment at Sports Clips because they seem to discourage personal creativity and encourage excellent customer service but frown on building a personal clientele which comes with that.