Sports Authority

Updated Jan 10, 2015
Updated Jan 10, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? Have you ever worked with an angry customer and how did you resolve the issue? Why should I hire you? They never even asked me anything about sports.

Asked me how much Im expecting to get paid. I asked him what was the average salary for my position and he said 8.50 so I took it.

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in February 2014.

I applied online, a week later the store manager called and asked if I could interview. Went in the next day, seemed like a normal interview (nothing you wouldn't expect). Then two weeks later I was offered the position over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over the guy I'm interviewing directly after ypu .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sports Authority in October 2013.

no process ,,, went to store after no response from online application submitted. very nice operations manager hired me .

Interview Questions
    none, just take the basic pay....not alot of jobs out there

Cashier Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview process was fairly easy. Just go in ready to be hired

Wasn't any negotiating.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in September 2011.

I filled out an application online. Never heard anything back so I went in a few days later in person and was told to apply online. When I told her I did she looked and found me on her computer and hired me on the spot. Part of the test...?

Interview Questions
    • None that I recall, very straight forward, things they "want to hear".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in June 2011.

I sent in my application and the next morning recieved a call from the hiring manager. She asked me to come in for an interview with her the following day. I went to the store in typical "interview" attire, and had a one on one interview with the manager. She was very sweet and the interview seemed more like a regular conversation than anything else, she made it very comfortable. Once we were done she told me she would like to set up an interview with the store manager for the next day. I met with him, and again, it was a very casual interview, very low key. He told me that he was going to talk with the hiring manager about me and that she would be in touch within the week. I got a call the very next day. Very low key interviews and when they know they want you they respond in a very timely manner.

Interview Questions
    I was offered a little over min wage, part time employment. I told her that I would love to work as many hours as the would allow and they have been very good about calling me in whenever someone calls out or if they need more coverage. If you have a fairly open schedule and let them know you are willing to cover for others you are golden.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Authority in September 2010.

Filled out the application online some time passed before I received a call for an interview. I went in and interviewed with the Operations Manager. After that she said shed give me a call when I could come back to Interview with the Store Manager. It was a week or so before I was called back for the second interview. I went in for the interview with the store manager and at the end he said he wanted me to study the ECP brochure and that I would have to call back the next day to pitch an ECP sale to him. I called the next day with the pitch and was then hired.

Interview Questions
    • Whats your sales experience like? Were you able to meet your goals.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority in July 2010.

the interveiw was very quick and easy
    he acted me if i loved to be around people i said- yes
    asked if i handle well with a register i said -yes
    also asked if i was good at selling the things that are put at the front i said yes
    i was very bubbly and smileing and showed i really cared and wanted this job!

Interview Questions
    it was very good we got my hrs down for the first week training was great everything at that time was great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in February 2010.

Interviewed with one of the managers. There is no specific hiring manager here. Asked about knowledge of sports, previous jobs, education, etc. The question that stood out the most was how did you have to lead in your previous jobs...even though I only applied as a sales associate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

interviewed at Sports Authority in December 2009.

It was a simple and friendly interview. Luckily it was one on one, because typically at retail it is group. Basic questions, and basic answers got me the job.