Sports Authority

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, a week later the store manager called and asked if I could interview. Went in the next day, seemed like a normal interview (nothing you wouldn't expect). Then two weeks later I was offered the position over the phone.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over the guy I'm interviewing directly after ypu .   Answer Question

Kennesaw, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sports Authority in October 2013.

Interview Details – no process ,,, went to store after no response from online application submitted. very nice operations manager hired me .

Interview Question – no real interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, just take the basic pay....not alot of jobs out there

Cashier

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly easy. Just go in ready to be hired

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't any negotiating.

Reno, NV

I interviewed at Sports Authority in December 2009.

Interview Details – It was a simple and friendly interview. Luckily it was one on one, because typically at retail it is group. Basic questions, and basic answers got me the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Laurel, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with one of the managers. There is no specific hiring manager here. Asked about knowledge of sports, previous jobs, education, etc. The question that stood out the most was how did you have to lead in your previous jobs...even though I only applied as a sales associate.

Interview Question – How did you lead at your previous job?   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in June 2011.

Interview Details – I sent in my application and the next morning recieved a call from the hiring manager. She asked me to come in for an interview with her the following day. I went to the store in typical "interview" attire, and had a one on one interview with the manager. She was very sweet and the interview seemed more like a regular conversation than anything else, she made it very comfortable. Once we were done she told me she would like to set up an interview with the store manager for the next day. I met with him, and again, it was a very casual interview, very low key. He told me that he was going to talk with the hiring manager about me and that she would be in touch within the week. I got a call the very next day. Very low key interviews and when they know they want you they respond in a very timely manner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was offered a little over min wage, part time employment. I told her that I would love to work as many hours as the would allow and they have been very good about calling me in whenever someone calls out or if they need more coverage. If you have a fairly open schedule and let them know you are willing to cover for others you are golden.

San Bernardino, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out the application online some time passed before I received a call for an interview. I went in and interviewed with the Operations Manager. After that she said shed give me a call when I could come back to Interview with the Store Manager. It was a week or so before I was called back for the second interview. I went in for the interview with the store manager and at the end he said he wanted me to study the ECP brochure and that I would have to call back the next day to pitch an ECP sale to him. I called the next day with the pitch and was then hired.

Interview Question – Whats your sales experience like? Were you able to meet your goals.   View Answer

Crystal Lake, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority in July 2010.

Interview Details – the interveiw was very quick and easy
he acted me if i loved to be around people i said- yes
asked if i handle well with a register i said -yes
also asked if i was good at selling the things that are put at the front i said yes
i was very bubbly and smileing and showed i really cared and wanted this job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – it was very good we got my hrs down for the first week training was great everything at that time was great

Gainesville, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority in November 2008.

Interview Details – I came in for an interview, and spoke with the manager. After the interview, I was offered the job pending drug test. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in July 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was easier than I thought it would be. This is my first job, thus my first interview process. The hiring manager was very friendly and the interview seemed more like a casual conversation than an actual job interview. I got a call a week later asking to come in for a second interview, this time with the store manager. The interview wasn't as casual as the first one. He asked questions about my customer experience in other stores, and I guess he got the impression that I'm an independent shopper who doesn't like to ask for help (which is a little true. But I don't know anyone who loves asking customer service for help all the time). I'm assuming he thought that since I don't really like asking for help, as an employee I'm not going to ask customers if they need help. Which isn't true, since I'll actually will be paid to ask people if they need help. All in all, good interview experience, they liked my sport involvement so make sure you emphasize that in your resume. They called 2 days after my second interview and offered me the job.

Interview Question – What was the customer service like at other stores you shop at? Are you more of an independent shopper?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sports Authority

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sports Authority Cashier interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sports Authority employees and interview candidates.