Sports Authority Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

i applied online.
i visited the store the next day.
i wanted to know if there was an extra step i could do in order to get noticed.
they said yes! an associate gave me a piece of paper to write my name:___ phone #:_____ & last 4 digits of my social so that the manager can access my application.
the associate told me i'll get a call in a few days..
a week passed and no call.
so i went again and i was lucky enough to talk to the manager. i introduced myself and he knew who i was..he had reviewed my application and he was about to contact me for an interview!
he asked me if it was okay if i did an interview right now..
i said of course! the only issue is that i'm not professionally dressed for an interview, i apologize.
he said not to worry about it, it was unexpected.
his assistant interviewed me. it was sooo easy.
she asked me my availability and where have i worked before? and if i would be good at signing customers up for the rewards card. i said yes! she said she will discuss it with the manager and they will call me back. i left the store and 10min later i got the call and they offered me a job!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? Have you ever worked with an angry customer and how did you resolve the issue? Why should I hire you? They never even asked me anything about sports.

Negotiation

Asked me how much Im expecting to get paid. I asked him what was the average salary for my position and he said 8.50 so I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online, a week later the store manager called and asked if I could interview. Went in the next day, seemed like a normal interview (nothing you wouldn't expect). Then two weeks later I was offered the position over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over the guy I'm interviewing directly after ypu .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sports Authority (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

no process ,,, went to store after no response from online application submitted. very nice operations manager hired me .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, just take the basic pay....not alot of jobs out there

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. Just go in ready to be hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't any negotiating.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in September 2011.

Interview

I filled out an application online. Never heard anything back so I went in a few days later in person and was told to apply online. When I told her I did she looked and found me on her computer and hired me on the spot. Part of the test...?

Interview Questions

• None that I recall, very straight forward, things they "want to hear".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority (Tampa, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

I sent in my application and the next morning recieved a call from the hiring manager. She asked me to come in for an interview with her the following day. I went to the store in typical "interview" attire, and had a one on one interview with the manager. She was very sweet and the interview seemed more like a regular conversation than anything else, she made it very comfortable. Once we were done she told me she would like to set up an interview with the store manager for the next day. I met with him, and again, it was a very casual interview, very low key. He told me that he was going to talk with the hiring manager about me and that she would be in touch within the week. I got a call the very next day. Very low key interviews and when they know they want you they respond in a very timely manner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a little over min wage, part time employment. I told her that I would love to work as many hours as the would allow and they have been very good about calling me in whenever someone calls out or if they need more coverage. If you have a fairly open schedule and let them know you are willing to cover for others you are golden.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Authority (San Bernardino, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Filled out the application online some time passed before I received a call for an interview. I went in and interviewed with the Operations Manager. After that she said shed give me a call when I could come back to Interview with the Store Manager. It was a week or so before I was called back for the second interview. I went in for the interview with the store manager and at the end he said he wanted me to study the ECP brochure and that I would have to call back the next day to pitch an ECP sale to him. I called the next day with the pitch and was then hired.

Interview Questions

• Whats your sales experience like? Were you able to meet your goals.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority (Crystal Lake, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

the interveiw was very quick and easy
    he acted me if i loved to be around people i said- yes
    asked if i handle well with a register i said -yes
    also asked if i was good at selling the things that are put at the front i said yes
    i was very bubbly and smileing and showed i really cared and wanted this job!

Interview Questions

• are u great at selling items?   1 Answer
    • do you love to be around people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was very good we got my hrs down for the first week training was great everything at that time was great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority (Laurel, MD) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with one of the managers. There is no specific hiring manager here. Asked about knowledge of sports, previous jobs, education, etc. The question that stood out the most was how did you have to lead in your previous jobs...even though I only applied as a sales associate.