Sports Authority

Sports Authority Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

1.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Authority in June 2013.

Since I had already worked in retail, my interview was basically to describe my experiences with customer service. They look for things like leadership, competitive nature, self-set goals, resilience, etc. They also want you to ask MANY questions

Training/Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Applied on S.A. Elite website. Was contacted by store manager 2 weeks later as a position became available. Set up an in - person interview at the location. Interview was a one - on one process with the store manager. It was very candid but, professional. Manager didn't ask me any "What if..." or "How would you act in this situation" type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward interview. Talked about my accomplishments and what I wanted out of the job. Talked about what I expected from S.A. that wasn't accomplished at my other positions. Talked about the company's direction and expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sports Authority in May 2012.

I did the application via internet on their website under careers. At first you choose what jobs you want to apply for and where then you fill out basic information name, phone number, previous work experience, etc. After that you fill out if you have been convicted of a crime etc. After that information is all finished you take a personality test, I think they call it, and then wait for a phone call. They called while I was away at school and asked for an interview that week but I told them I could not come home because I was in Iowa. They were completely fine with that and told me to call back a week before I would be coming home. I called at that time and scheduled an interview at the store. I went to the store and was asked about my previous work experience, why I wanted to work there, and what made me fit for the job. The manager told me to come the next day and to bring my id, social security etc. I then came the next day with those things and went to take a drug test after.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions asked that were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    It was a part time job seasonal and they offered me 25 cents over minimum wage so I did not negotiate.

Footware Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in February 2012.

Very easy just talking about past jobs and why you would be a good fit with the company. The interview consisted of one manager essentially telling you what you are responsible for. It was very straight forward and nothing unexpected. There was no drug test.

None

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority in July 2010.

the interveiw was very quick and easy
    he acted me if i loved to be around people i said- yes
    asked if i handle well with a register i said -yes
    also asked if i was good at selling the things that are put at the front i said yes
    i was very bubbly and smileing and showed i really cared and wanted this job!

Interview Questions
    it was very good we got my hrs down for the first week training was great everything at that time was great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in August 2008.

Applied online. Waited a week & was called in for an interview. Then called back in for a date to take the drug test. Was hired by the 3rd week.

Interview Questions
    • What makes me qualified for the job in which I was applying.   Answer Question