Sports Authority

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority.

asked about technical skills and approach towards a problem, organizational skill questions
    some stupid psycho questions, meant more like wasting time, irrelevant to the job
    felt like there was conflict b/w managers and the other person trying to build a team

Store Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority.

After having 5 interviews for a different position my resume was passed over to Store Operations for this position. I had 1 phone interview with the recruiter and 1 in person. It took about 3 week to receive a response.

Interview Questions
    • What did you tell your current boss where you are right now?   View Answer
    Spoke with recruiter on the phone. The hiring manager refused to discuss salary in the interview, although I did not ask.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in February 2014.

I applied online, a week later the store manager called and asked if I could interview. Went in the next day, seemed like a normal interview (nothing you wouldn't expect). Then two weeks later I was offered the position over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over the guy I'm interviewing directly after ypu .   Answer Question

Loyalty Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sports Authority.

I was contacted by a recruiter via email as he had seem my resume posted. He scheduled time to do a phone interview wtih me. The interview went great and the recruiter was very excited for me to talk to the hiring manager. He said he would get back with me as to when the interview would be. Then I heard nothing. And nothing some more. And then nothing more. Eventually, he emailed me that he had been out of the office and had to try to schedule something. So I waited longer. And longer. I still have yet to hear if I will be having an interview, but given the few months that it has been, my assumption is that I did not receive the chance to interview further.

Interview Questions
    • They were all straight forward and generic interview questions.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in December 2012.

A third party recruiter set my interview up. I met with three people, one of them being a director in the department. The interview took about an hour, they asked basic interview questions and went over my experience. I showed several pieces of my portfolio and they asked questions about my work. Other than that pretty straight forward. Everyone was really nice.

Three and a half weeks later I was asked to do a simple skills test to demonstrate that I had the knowledge to perform within the position. Shortly after I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation since I knew the terms of the contract they had already decided through the recruiting company..

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in February 2012.

You usually are contacted by a company recruiter and have a 15 to 20 minute conversation about the role and your skills. If the hiring manager identifies you as a candidate, then you are brought back for a face to face with the hiring manager. After this step would be an interview with the hiring manager's direct supervisor(s).

Interview Questions
    They sent an email with the official offer description and I asked for 1 week to think about it, and they agreed. I didn't counter their offer since it was higher than my stated requirement.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in May 2011.

The most laid back interview you will ever have.

Interview Questions
    • How are you able to juggle different task and stamp specific priorities on each one.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in December 2010.

The interview process consisted of:

1) Applied Online, got called next day
    2) Phone interview/screen with HR
    3) Called back to interview in person the following week.
    4) Interviewed with 1 team member - went well, moved on to next step
    5) Interviewed with Lead, then a panel of 3 other potential peers

The interview process was really long and involved. Lots of people asking the same questions, lots of time spent interviewing. The interview itself was a mixed bag. I felt like the lead wanted something that the other PMs did not - so there was a bit of conflict and unpleasant attitudes during the interviews.

Mostly situational questions - Tell me your biggest project? How do you handle conflict? You know big vague questions. They definitely look for the "Sports Authority" answer - meaning they think there is one way to do things - so beware they will get snippy if you don't answer just right.

Overall, I found the first 2 interviews great and the panel interviews grueling. Seemed like they had another candidate in mind and they were just going through the motions. Wasted my time.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority in July 2010.

Applied on-line and received a call for an interview two days later. During interview, not really a formal question session, just general questions such as whether my goal is getting into management, and what I can bring to the company that's new- think about that, I kind of stumbled. Culture seemed very positive, like there's lots of opportunity, and the interviewing manager really wanted me to move up after getting my foot in the door.

Interview Questions
    • What from your background will bring something new to this company?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. Had to be willing to start at the bottom.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in August 2009.

I applied via the Sports Authority website and was contacted by HR approximately 7 months later. After 2 initial "getting to know your background" type telephone conversations with HR, they asked me to fly out to Englewood for in person interviews the following week. They arranged all of my travel (airfare, rental car, hotel, etc). They were very organized and professional. I arrived at the SA campus and met briefly with HR. I then had 3 casual interviews with the Planning Directors as well as meetings with 1 buyer and 1 planner. Only 1 of the 3 interviews with Planning leads involved "situational" type questions. The other 2 were very conversational. I felt that they were trying to see if I would be a good fit for the team & they allowed me to do the same. They answered all of my questions and overall the entire process was very smooth. They made a great initial first impression. After the 4 or so hours of interviews, I wrapped up with my HR contact and then drove straight to the airport, which was about 30 minutes away. They called me to offer the job 2 days later!

Interview Questions
    • Since most of the interviews were conversational, the questions were something along the lines of "how do you think you'll like living in Colorado" and "tell me about your current role and responsibilites"   Answer Question
    I negotiated salary & relocation. I ended up getting rougly 8% more than they initially offered in salary + 2 months of temporary housing in Denver.