Sports Authority

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2008.

Interview Details – Was called to interview for a Dept Manager positon, First spoke with another dept mgr....then the store manager on the same day It went smoothly. I was then told I would be called back if the DM was interested. Next day I was called in by the DM and the interview went awesome. We talked for over an hour and he told me he had other candidates but would let me know. I waited about a week and was called and offered the position!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Sarasota, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in November 2008.

Interview Details – Initial interview was by phone. Had a 1:1 interview with manager & a 1:1 interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – It depends   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was looking for a company with more advancement opportunities. This new company provided more opportunity for advancement as well as a more suitable product to my preferences and hobbies. I interviewed with three store managers as well as the district manager and was offered a job within a week of the interview.

Interview Question – What experience do you have?   Answer Question

Department Manager

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process went pretty smoothly. Applied on-line on a Friday and called the following Monday to schedule a 1:1 interview with the SM. Met with the SM went over my background and asked a few questions only in regards to my background. No job related questions to ask related to position; lasted 30min. Seemed interested of me. Called the same day after interview and scheduled an interview with the DM on Friday of the same week. Met with him (ensure to walk the store while waiting) they look at things like that. He asked about my background and do I feel I can do the job. Lasted about 20min and was told I'll get a call from the SM I interviewed with initially. She called me the following Tuesday and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Initially offered $14.44 and I requested $15 which she stated she'll have to consult with the DM for approval. I shouldn't have accepted, but I ended up accepting $14.50 due to wanting to leave current gig. The position should definitely start at $40k minimum.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sports Authority

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sports Authority Department Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sports Authority employees and interview candidates.