Sports Authority

121 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a bit annoying since they mostly only hire previous employees or if you get referred by a current employee like I did. I had to keep calling to ask for an interview which their reply would be within 3 days. Then I would call on the third day just to hear the same response. Had to walk in to talk to them personally to finally get an interview which was very simple. Basic questions like why work here, past experience

Interview Question – What is more important to you, making a customer smile or say thank you?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Sports Authority

Interview Details – It was quick and painless. looking for friendly people, I was asked more about my own aspirations and How I could help change the culture of a store to be friendly and welcoming to customers.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – First you need to fill out an online application. Once I completed that I went in and spoke to a manager who told me the hiring manager was out and he would make sure to let him know I came in and was interested. I received a call about two days later from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there was any question that I hadn't heard before. Standard interview questions; why do you want to work for us, why would you be a great fit, when was there a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was initially offered $8.00 but I expressed my customer service experience and was able to raise him up to $8.25

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
Gainesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Call came approximately a week later with an interview the next day. Seemed like a typical retail interview. Arrived 10 minutes early and waited for the operations manager to be ready to take me back for the interview. Nice lady, just had simple questions for me. Said I would receive a call back in the next week once the store manager decided what he wanted to do. Received a call a week and a half after the interview extending the job offer to me.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Footware Associate Interview

Footware Associate
Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy just talking about past jobs and why you would be a good fit with the company. The interview consisted of one manager essentially telling you what you are responsible for. It was very straight forward and nothing unexpected. There was no drug test.

Negotiation Details – None

Apparel Sales, Cashier, Customer Service Interview

Apparel Sales, Cashier, Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – Applied online and they got back to me about a week or so later about scheduling an interview. Interview was pretty typical to any retail interview. Wanted to know information about past experiences that relate to the job and how comfortable you are selling and helping customers.

Interview Question – Giving examples of past experience.   Answer Question

Store Operations Coordinator Interview

Store Operations Coordinator
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – After having 5 interviews for a different position my resume was passed over to Store Operations for this position. I had 1 phone interview with the recruiter and 1 in person. It took about 3 week to receive a response.

Interview Question – What did you tell your current boss where you are right now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Spoke with recruiter on the phone. The hiring manager refused to discuss salary in the interview, although I did not ask.

Senior Sales Authority Interview

Senior Sales Authority
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in June 2012.

Interview Details – Not too bad of an interview process. Had a bunch of different higher ups in a room sitting at desks. Was a one on one interview each but in a room full of people. Liked the interview. Asked a lot of questions about sports knowledge, appropriately. Great interview. Seemed like a lot of upbeat people.

Senior Sales Authority Interview

Senior Sales Authority
Springfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in April 2010.

Interview Details – In the interview, you only need to be able to tell them about yourself. The more you can tell them about who you are, the better. My particular interviewer was a big sports fan and if you could keep a sports convo going, you were most likely good to go.

Interview Question – I don't believe there really was a difficult question. None that I can remember anyway. Basically they just say, "So, tell me about yourself..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will negotiate, if you have a reason such as previous pay or college degree.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – Interview was basically already hired... sign papers and start working next day.

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!