Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Contacted by phone. They asked a few personal questions over the phone. Went on to schedule an in person interview at the store. Everyone seemed very welcoming. Management is very flexible with what times you can meet them. The interview consisted of simple questions. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What sports are you most familiar with? What area in store would you feel most comfortable in? When I started, they tried me in every area and placed me where I was most successful and comfortable.

Technical Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Littleton, CO).

Interview

I dressed up in a suit and tie, and prepared for an interview like normal. I was sent to the restroom/office area to meet an associate. I don't know what his job title was but he was dressed in shorts, and a black t-shirt. We sat down in rolling chairs, in some sort of utility room. He goes straight into explaining that they are hiring for the SNIAGRAB event. A wonderful, two week long winter clearance event!!! Exactly the opposite of what I wanted. He hadn't even looked at my application until I told him that I applied for the Tech position. He looked at my app, and confirmed that was the case. That's when we talked about my qualifications, which I had. But "the position had been filled." I said "Thanks," and he walked me out. It's basically an interview where as long as you show up, you're hired... Be prepared for the Bait and Switch.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any questions."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Langhorne, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Relaxed but the manager that interviewed me was transferred before I even finished my first week, the interview itself was good the interviewer was nice and asked your typical interview questions

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for sports authority?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Burbank, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable interview. i was only asked two questions that were not difficult whatsoever. As long as you show up on time, with the right attire and attitude, you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why sports authority? Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Called in for interview with sales manager. Met the Store manager and exchanged a few words. They had multiple interviews set up for that day. Called back to offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact with someone looking for a specific item and you don't know where or what it is?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Very friendly and easy going. Felt good being able to feel comfortable at an interview. Sports Authority was very considerate of my class schedule and was able to talk things out with me.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Very easy and carefree. They call you to interview with store manager and they go over what you need to do. They ask you about previous jobs as well. Thats it

Sales Authority Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Its really easy and quick all you have to do is show up on time and know a little about sports and you have the job. Once you get the call for an interview you can only mess it up for yourself dress nice and smile your way to a JOB because that's all it is a JOB

Interview Questions

• what do you know about sports and sports equipment. What situation can you describe that shows your customer service skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application and resume, and got called in by a manager to interview.The interview went great and the manager was very encouraging in making a career with sports authority. Very enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a disgruntled customer in the past?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

the interview process is really quick and easy. You don't have to know too much about sports but knowledge is always a bonus. You don't have to be too nervous because it's super easy to catch on. Also they don't ask too many questions.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you.   1 Answer