Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Interview

Very easy and carefree. They call you to interview with store manager and they go over what you need to do. They ask you about previous jobs as well. Thats it

Sales Authority Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Its really easy and quick all you have to do is show up on time and know a little about sports and you have the job. Once you get the call for an interview you can only mess it up for yourself dress nice and smile your way to a JOB because that's all it is a JOB

Interview Questions

• what do you know about sports and sports equipment. What situation can you describe that shows your customer service skills   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

the interview process is really quick and easy. You don't have to know too much about sports but knowledge is always a bonus. You don't have to be too nervous because it's super easy to catch on. Also they don't ask too many questions.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you.   1 Answer

Apparel Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

I was just asked about prior jobs, and what my favorite sports team was. Extremely short interview, didn't ask me to sell anything, just talked about her life and mine.

Store Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, received personal call from DM inviting me in for interview. Apparently it was a job interview for many in a location. I first got called in by a SM (thought he was a DM, never really introduced himself or his title) DM came in behind him and they went back and forth. Very laid back, no clue what position I applied for, first clue is when he asked me what I was looking for in pay per hour, I said I'm hear for a management position, it's salaried, apparently my request of just 5K more than what I'm currently making as an Assistant thru them off. Interview was friendly and light and easy, they were very pleasant and super friendly, but figured it was a done deal when he said we'll make a decision next week, don't take it personally if you don't hear from us, it's not that we don't like you?

Interview Questions

• Am I a merchandising manager/or a sales manager? When I said sales, they came back, sales thru merchandising, or customer service? Would I travel to a store that was 60 miles away? When I said that was a bit far, he picked a store that was 55 miles away? The store listing for the posting was closest to my home, which is why I applied, though I said I was willing to go to any store with my county or within 25 miles.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I met the manager at the store. Was told to go online to complete the application. I did that. Went back to the store a few days later for an interview with the manager. Began work within a week

Interview Questions

• Don't remember, several years ago   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

The process generally takes around three weeks. Nothing out of the ordinary. Interview takes 30 minutes to an hour and the questions are as expected. Provide examples on leadership, ability to change priorities, positive impact, accountability, etc. Usually two to three interviews, but if you ace it with the recruiter the next ones are easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to implement significant change to the work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in April 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. I spoke to two managers at the store. Was more of a friendly conversation than an interveiw. They do what to hear about your background in sports so make sure to talk about that during the interveiw. I also dressed up in a dress form my interveiw as well and brought them a copy of my resume even though I had already given them one with the online application. I filled out.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority (Daly City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received email that it was submitted. Received another email that I will be called for a phone interview. Afterwards scheduled an interview in store. Didn't have interview with actual manager, but a different manager.

Interview Questions

• How much would you be able to cut away from your current pay rate?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, in person interview, offer. They were desperate to get someone in to take on the load and unfortunately let that drive their process instead of properly conducting the interviews and allowing others besides the hiring manager and his boss to have input.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate on salary. They came in at the higher end of my range and $10k above my last FT role, so I saw no need. I did not need their health insurance. I asked for three weeks vacation instead of two, but they would not budge on that per company policy. I was unemployed at the time, needed the job and it looked like a great opportunity.