Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

1.9

Softlines Team Lead Interview

A joke, never once asked be anything legit just talked about our lives. Very quick process took 3 days and no drug test involved. Pretty unprofessional manager was dressed sloppy and out of shape, not who I would expect to work for a sporting goods retailer.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority.

3 interviews.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Very easy interview. The interviewer was tasking most of the time. They did not really ask me anything. They just told me to explain my previous work experience. After they she continued to describe the position, she made me feel like I had the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Saw an ad online and applied. Within the week, got a call and set up an interview. Interview pretty basic, didn't ask anything too difficult, or anything at all really besides: "Do you have any questions for me?" Was told I'd hear from them. Got an offer a few days later.

Store Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority.

very easy answered basic retail questions. if you worked as a member of a retail store management team in the past its a piece of cake. first call from field hr for a simple phone interview. then a half hour in person with hr and district manager. about 2 days later recieved offer.

N/A Interview

a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview was basically already hired... sign papers and start working next day.

Store Manager Interview

It was quick and painless. looking for friendly people, I was asked more about my own aspirations and How I could help change the culture of a store to be friendly and welcoming to customers.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sports Authority.

The hiring process was a bit annoying since they mostly only hire previous employees or if you get referred by a current employee like I did. I had to keep calling to ask for an interview which their reply would be within 3 days. Then I would call on the third day just to hear the same response. Had to walk in to talk to them personally to finally get an interview which was very simple. Basic questions like why work here, past experience

Interview Questions
    • What is more important to you, making a customer smile or say thank you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

It was very fast. I applied on the weekend, interviewed the following week and was offered a position on the spot, for a drug test the next day. The manager was great.