Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

1.9

Senior Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sports Authority in January 2014.

The hiring process is started through the online database. It is pretty standard work history and experience questionaire. The best thing is to call the store a day or two after this is submitted. Next they will schedule an interview. They want to see that you have retail experience or sales experience. If you don't have these abilities they want to see that you will be able to work well in this environment and will likely do some role playing scenarios. I was asked to pitch an Extended Coverage Plan to a "customer" for a bicycle and to close the sale to the best of my ability. It helps to know these products in advance.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a customer and sell them an Extended Coverage Plan?   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiations expect for availability and hours.

Warehouse Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority.

The interviews were an enjoyable experience. The company is very good about being friendly to anyone looking to work there. For the Warehouse Lead position, two interviews were had: one with the store manager and one with the district manager. An offer was made in a timely manner. They asked good questions and were responsive to question I had for them and the company in general.

Interview Questions
    • "Name one time where you exceeded your expectations in a previous job and were recognized accordingly."

There's no difference between exceeding and doing in my mind, and also, if the second part of the question never happened, I'd feel the need to lie about it.
        Answer Question
    Phone call

Sales Authority Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in September 2013.

The interview was a joke. I was asked very few questions, and they seemed desperate for employees. The whole process was extremely unorganized. Aside from that i could tell immediately that the management team was unprofessional due to the lack of interest in the process and type of questions i was asked.

Footware Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in September 2012.

After submitting a resume, i received a call for an interview. The interview is short and usually a job is offered without much hassle, takes about 20 minutes. Need to pass a drug test after.

Interview Questions
    • Just questions based upon knowledge of a certain department they would like to put you   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority.

One interview lasting about 15 minutes. This took place instore with the department manager i would work under. There were a few questions but nothing too wild. I was called in for the interview because i was able to provide a level of expertise that no one else in the store had.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond to solve a problem at a previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sports Authority.

very easy interview. They'll just ask what sport or department you feel most comfortable working in. I choose footwear because certain shoes you sale you can get commission for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Sports Authority in July 2014.

Contacted by phone. Group interviewed. Asked about availability. Previous retail experience. Showed a couple tasks in the back. Showed merchandise and walked on floor. Learned about company. Talked with managers. Easy and to the point.

Sales Associate Interview

In person interview that lasted about twenty minutes. Asked about sales and customer service experience but nothing too specific. Wanted to know when I could start and I was offered the job right on the spot. Filled out all forms and was ready to go the next week. Interviewer was the store manager and was friendly. Liked what I had to say and was happy with responses that I gave

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in January 2012.

No drug test, super easy, laid back interview. Just make sure you say you are willing to cross sell and sell service plans. There are a lot of opportunities for spiffs so make sure you are enthusiastic about that. Generally they tell you right away if you are hired or not. Make sure to ask a few questions to show that you are interested.

No negotiation

Visual/Merchandising Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Authority.

Began by talking about my previous work history. The manager was very rude and told me my previous jobs weren't real jobs...? Not sure how but whatever. Asked simple questions such as what do i know about sports authority, why should they hire me over previous people they interviewed

Interview Questions
    • If someone who knew you very well was interviewing with us what would they say you need to work on   View Answer

Got offered a higher paying job