Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

1.9

Store Manager Interview

It was quick and painless. looking for friendly people, I was asked more about my own aspirations and How I could help change the culture of a store to be friendly and welcoming to customers.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority.

First you need to fill out an online application. Once I completed that I went in and spoke to a manager who told me the hiring manager was out and he would make sure to let him know I came in and was interested. I received a call about two days later from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there was any question that I hadn't heard before. Standard interview questions; why do you want to work for us, why would you be a great fit, when was there a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, etc.   View Answer
    I was initially offered $8.00 but I expressed my customer service experience and was able to raise him up to $8.25

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in May 2014.

Applied online. Call came approximately a week later with an interview the next day. Seemed like a typical retail interview. Arrived 10 minutes early and waited for the operations manager to be ready to take me back for the interview. Nice lady, just had simple questions for me. Said I would receive a call back in the next week once the store manager decided what he wanted to do. Received a call a week and a half after the interview extending the job offer to me.

Footware Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2012.

Very easy just talking about past jobs and why you would be a good fit with the company. The interview consisted of one manager essentially telling you what you are responsible for. It was very straight forward and nothing unexpected. There was no drug test.

None

Apparel Sales, Cashier, Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Applied online and they got back to me about a week or so later about scheduling an interview. Interview was pretty typical to any retail interview. Wanted to know information about past experiences that relate to the job and how comfortable you are selling and helping customers.

Store Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

After having 5 interviews for a different position my resume was passed over to Store Operations for this position. I had 1 phone interview with the recruiter and 1 in person. It took about 3 week to receive a response.

Interview Questions
    • What did you tell your current boss where you are right now?   View Answer
    Spoke with recruiter on the phone. The hiring manager refused to discuss salary in the interview, although I did not ask.

Senior Sales Authority Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in June 2012.

Not too bad of an interview process. Had a bunch of different higher ups in a room sitting at desks. Was a one on one interview each but in a room full of people. Liked the interview. Asked a lot of questions about sports knowledge, appropriately. Great interview. Seemed like a lot of upbeat people.

Senior Sales Authority Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in April 2010.

In the interview, you only need to be able to tell them about yourself. The more you can tell them about who you are, the better. My particular interviewer was a big sports fan and if you could keep a sports convo going, you were most likely good to go.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe there really was a difficult question. None that I can remember anyway. Basically they just say, "So, tell me about yourself..."   Answer Question
    They will negotiate, if you have a reason such as previous pay or college degree.

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview was basically already hired... sign papers and start working next day.

Sales Authority Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Sports Authority.

The hiring process begins with a group interview setting starting with everybody introducing themselves. Questions were not too hard, more or less things aspects relating to your work ethic and how your skills will contribute to the company. After that, two or three out of the interviewees get into a second interview with the Store Manager and he/she will hire you.

Interview Questions
    • What are some values that you believe in that will help you succeed in this company?   View Answer