Sports Authority Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
128 interviews

1.9

N/A Interview

a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.

Store Management Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sports Authority.

very easy answered basic retail questions. if you worked as a member of a retail store management team in the past its a piece of cake. first call from field hr for a simple phone interview. then a half hour in person with hr and district manager. about 2 days later recieved offer.

Co Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Talked with an SM at a location. He asked what position I was interested in. He asked why I wanted to work for the company, if I was currently working and why I left my last position. He then asked if I had questions. I asked alot of questions about the responsiblities of the position and related it to my background to give assurance. He then said that if they were interested that I would get a call in a month and that they were just seeing what was out there. He was professional.Two days later, I received a call from another MGR and went to a second interview. The SM spoke on and on about her personal life ( past injuries and family medical issues) for about an hour. I felt like a counselor. I then come to find out that she was interviewing for hourly team lead positions where I would need to relocate since the new store was extremely far away from where I live. I drove 49 miles one way for this interview where I thought I was interviewing for a salary position.She asked me: would I socialize outside of work with coworkers, about why I left a job where I had worked 10 years ago, and about what the 1st screener spoke about. Most of my time was listening to her rattle off her to do list for the new store that she was taking over and personal issues that were inappropriate for an interview.She came across as extremely anxious, overwhelmed with her work and apologized for having OCD.

Interview Questions
    • Would I socialize with coworkers outside of work? She mentioned that people at her store play some sports together but they don't invite everyone????   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2014.

I applied online, a week later the store manager called and asked if I could interview. Went in the next day, seemed like a normal interview (nothing you wouldn't expect). Then two weeks later I was offered the position over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over the guy I'm interviewing directly after ypu .   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Saw an ad online and applied. Within the week, got a call and set up an interview. Interview pretty basic, didn't ask anything too difficult, or anything at all really besides: "Do you have any questions for me?" Was told I'd hear from them. Got an offer a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in March 2012.

Submitted application online to three different stores. Got a call from one of them to come in for an interview. Came in, met with the store manager. Interviewed with him, received a tour of the store, and was told I seemed like a good fit and would receive a call in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer describes a situation such as a disagreement with a customer.   View Answer

Sales Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2014.

Did phone interview and was asked to come in for a 1 on 1 interview......Spent about 35 minutes discussing past work experiences and sale objectives.

Not enough Money

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2012.

You usually are contacted by a company recruiter and have a 15 to 20 minute conversation about the role and your skills. If the hiring manager identifies you as a candidate, then you are brought back for a face to face with the hiring manager. After this step would be an interview with the hiring manager's direct supervisor(s).

Interview Questions
    They sent an email with the official offer description and I asked for 1 week to think about it, and they agreed. I didn't counter their offer since it was higher than my stated requirement.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sports Authority in November 2013.

Applied online, received a call a few days later. Interview was set up with the Sales Mgr then with the Supervisor of cashiers. Sales Mgr was all excited about my experience, pretty much told me I had the job (cashier, with the money I wanted) then went to get the Supervisor to interview me and she was too busy. Was told that she would contact me in a day or so and have heard nothing. Figured what I wanted for money was more than the Supervisor wanted to pay for a cashier. Not happy about the whole experience since the Supervisor was the person who set the interview up.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Sports Authority in October 2013.

no process ,,, went to store after no response from online application submitted. very nice operations manager hired me .

Interview Questions
    none, just take the basic pay....not alot of jobs out there