Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

1.9

Warehouse Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in July 2014.

Phone screen, then completion of very cumbersome, IT dated on-line application. Safety questions included which gives you a yellow, red or green light to move to the next step.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle routinely laying warehouse employees off and then calling up to return to work. How will you address 6 hour days for hourly.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

It was quick and painless. looking for friendly people, I was asked more about my own aspirations and How I could help change the culture of a store to be friendly and welcoming to customers.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Authority.

First you need to fill out an online application. Once I completed that I went in and spoke to a manager who told me the hiring manager was out and he would make sure to let him know I came in and was interested. I received a call about two days later from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there was any question that I hadn't heard before. Standard interview questions; why do you want to work for us, why would you be a great fit, when was there a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, etc.   View Answer
    I was initially offered $8.00 but I expressed my customer service experience and was able to raise him up to $8.25

Apparel Sales, Cashier, Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Applied online and they got back to me about a week or so later about scheduling an interview. Interview was pretty typical to any retail interview. Wanted to know information about past experiences that relate to the job and how comfortable you are selling and helping customers.

Store Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority.

After having 5 interviews for a different position my resume was passed over to Store Operations for this position. I had 1 phone interview with the recruiter and 1 in person. It took about 3 week to receive a response.

Interview Questions
    • What did you tell your current boss where you are right now?   View Answer
    Spoke with recruiter on the phone. The hiring manager refused to discuss salary in the interview, although I did not ask.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in May 2014.

Applied online. Call came approximately a week later with an interview the next day. Seemed like a typical retail interview. Arrived 10 minutes early and waited for the operations manager to be ready to take me back for the interview. Nice lady, just had simple questions for me. Said I would receive a call back in the next week once the store manager decided what he wanted to do. Received a call a week and a half after the interview extending the job offer to me.

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview was basically already hired... sign papers and start working next day.

Sales Authority Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority.

The hiring process begins with a group interview setting starting with everybody introducing themselves. Questions were not too hard, more or less things aspects relating to your work ethic and how your skills will contribute to the company. After that, two or three out of the interviewees get into a second interview with the Store Manager and he/she will hire you.

Interview Questions
    • What are some values that you believe in that will help you succeed in this company?   View Answer

Training Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Applied on line. Had a response and interview set up within 10 days. Agreed to a background Check. After approval, Interview at local store with District Manager consisted of mainly of DM reviewing my experience briefly and then talking at length about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Only asked questions related to my experience, all of which were answered on my resume.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.