Sports Authority Interview Questions

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online - interviewed at Sports Authority in November 2013.

Applied online, received a call a few days later. Interview was set up with the Sales Mgr then with the Supervisor of cashiers. Sales Mgr was all excited about my experience, pretty much told me I had the job (cashier, with the money I wanted) then went to get the Supervisor to interview me and she was too busy. Was told that she would contact me in a day or so and have heard nothing. Figured what I wanted for money was more than the Supervisor wanted to pay for a cashier. Not happy about the whole experience since the Supervisor was the person who set the interview up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sports Authority in October 2013.

no process ,,, went to store after no response from online application submitted. very nice operations manager hired me .

Interview Questions
    none, just take the basic pay....not alot of jobs out there

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2013.

Typical interview, nice people

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2012.

The Co-Store manager who interviewed me liked me right of the start. At the time the store was in search of Footwear associates and I happen to have a lot of knowledge in the subject.

Interview Questions
    • When the manager asked me to sell him a pen from the office we were holding the interview in.   Answer Question

Seasonal Customer Care Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority.

I applied online and got a call by the end of the week asking me on an interview the following Friday in the morning. I asked if I needed a copy of my resume and they said no. I prepare for the week by checking this website alongside Forbes and about.com. I wasn't informed that it would be a group interview until I arrived. There was about 15 of us. We interviewed with the sales and casher managers. They asked each of us to tell them about ourselves, and the rest of the questions were answer if you want to. Out of the 15, only four weren't hired. They weren't outspoken or dressed well. They told us on the spot for the rest of us that we were hired and that some of us could become permanent, if we performed well.

Interview Questions
    • None were questions that were unexpected. They asked us "What is retail", "What would you do if you had a lot of customers all at once", and "What other department would you feel comfortable working in"   Answer Question
    None

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sports Authority in March 2009.

Took less than 1 week after I applied to get a call from HR. The interview process consisted of a phone interview followed by a site visit 2 days later. The site visit was with my future supervisor for about 45 minutes and with a team member for about 20 minutes. I then received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was your standard entry level position interview.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate my salary which was a mistake. Make sure you negotiate as they try to low ball you with their first offer.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in October 2013.

i applied online , i was then called for an interview the very next day. showed up , basic quick questions about my availability , willingness to sell /promote items, previous work experience. manager was extremely nice and relaxed making me feel confident.

Interview Questions

i would only be a part time seasonal employee there. i was looking for full time

Cashier Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview process was fairly easy. Just go in ready to be hired

Wasn't any negotiating.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied being a college student in need of a job during the Fall semester. I got a call about a month later asking about an interview. I wore a dress shirt and tie. I asked alot of questions which made me seem interested. Laid back interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What previous customer service experience do you have? Tell me about your last boss? Did you have a review process at your last job?   View Answer
    They offered 8.00 an hour and I accepted. Much better then my last job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

interviewed at Sports Authority in December 2009.

It was a simple and friendly interview. Luckily it was one on one, because typically at retail it is group. Basic questions, and basic answers got me the job.