Sports Authority

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Reno, NV

I interviewed at Sports Authority in December 2009.

Interview Details – It was a simple and friendly interview. Luckily it was one on one, because typically at retail it is group. Basic questions, and basic answers got me the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority in November 2010.

Interview Details – Simple & easy. Common sense: This is a sports retail store. I walked in not really knowing anything but the basics of sports...it took a weeks adjustment and I learned almost everything I needed to know about sports and equipment. Selling ECPs will even better your paycheck and good standings.

Interview Question – none were difficult.   Answer Question

Softlines Team Leader Interview

Softlines Team Leader
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in July 2013.

Interview Details – I really liked the way the whole processes was set up. I applied for the position, then was sent an invitation by email to their hiring event. The interview was scheduled and I arrived promptly on time. The process was orderly and well planned. My interviewer read his questions from a script, which I did not mind at all. The questions were standard questions with no big surprises.

Interview Question – I did not find any of the questions difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2009.

Interview Details – WEnt into the store and asked if they were hiring. Grabbed an application and heard back from them 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Simple numbers exam. Asked hours able to work and if there were any conflicts.   Answer Question

Woodside, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, called back a couple days later. Was hired with about 10 people at the time. Manager brings you to his office, asks you a couple basic questions and hired on the spot.

Couple days later you come in for some training and you're working a couple days later.

Everyone seems friendly and they get right to the point of what they want including dos and donts.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for TSA.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They hand you a piece of paper that you need to sign stating you're going to be making 8.35 an hour.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – 3 interviews.

Interview Question – What will you do to make change?   Answer Question

Loyalty Manager Interview

Loyalty Manager
Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via email as he had seem my resume posted. He scheduled time to do a phone interview wtih me. The interview went great and the recruiter was very excited for me to talk to the hiring manager. He said he would get back with me as to when the interview would be. Then I heard nothing. And nothing some more. And then nothing more. Eventually, he emailed me that he had been out of the office and had to try to schedule something. So I waited longer. And longer. I still have yet to hear if I will be having an interview, but given the few months that it has been, my assumption is that I did not receive the chance to interview further.

Interview Question – They were all straight forward and generic interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Team Leader Interview

Sales Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, interview with store manager, and interview with district manager

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – Applied online and a month later received a call. Had a small phone interview and asked questions which took about 10 min. Then i was scheduled to go into the store for an interview 2 days later. Basic interview questions, asked my availability and was hired on the spot as seasonal but decided to keep me after.

Interview Question – Why choose sports authority?
Describe good customer service.
How would you approach a customer.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for 25 cents over minimum wage. Overall received $9. First job so I didn't ask for much.

Corporate Merchandising Training Program Interview

Corporate Merchandising Training Program
Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty basic. A couple questions about who I am and why I am qualified for this position. Interviewer was dressed laid back and approached the interview the same way. I felt more at ease which allowed my personality to flow through and I guess they liked it.

Interview Question – When you have a bunch of projects all at once how do you make sure you get them done on time?   View Answer