Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

1.9

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority (Gainesville, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Call came approximately a week later with an interview the next day. Seemed like a typical retail interview. Arrived 10 minutes early and waited for the operations manager to be ready to take me back for the interview. Nice lady, just had simple questions for me. Said I would receive a call back in the next week once the store manager decided what he wanted to do. Received a call a week and a half after the interview extending the job offer to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Authority (Memphis, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. I was you standard interview questions to get a better understanding of my character and work ethic. The interviewer then provided me with a promotional membership card and asked me to demonstrate how I would sale it to a customer. I was given about 15 or so seconds to memorize the information and then attempt my pitch.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Interview was basically already hired... sign papers and start working next day.

Sales Authority Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

The hiring process begins with a group interview setting starting with everybody introducing themselves. Questions were not too hard, more or less things aspects relating to your work ethic and how your skills will contribute to the company. After that, two or three out of the interviewees get into a second interview with the Store Manager and he/she will hire you.

Interview Questions

• What are some values that you believe in that will help you succeed in this company?   1 Answer

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Applied on line. Had a response and interview set up within 10 days. Agreed to a background Check. After approval, Interview at local store with District Manager consisted of mainly of DM reviewing my experience briefly and then talking at length about the company.

Interview Questions

• Only asked questions related to my experience, all of which were answered on my resume.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Interview

a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

very easy answered basic retail questions. if you worked as a member of a retail store management team in the past its a piece of cake. first call from field hr for a simple phone interview. then a half hour in person with hr and district manager. about 2 days later recieved offer.

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Talked with an SM at a location. He asked what position I was interested in. He asked why I wanted to work for the company, if I was currently working and why I left my last position. He then asked if I had questions. I asked alot of questions about the responsiblities of the position and related it to my background to give assurance. He then said that if they were interested that I would get a call in a month and that they were just seeing what was out there. He was professional.Two days later, I received a call from another MGR and went to a second interview. The SM spoke on and on about her personal life ( past injuries and family medical issues) for about an hour. I felt like a counselor. I then come to find out that she was interviewing for hourly team lead positions where I would need to relocate since the new store was extremely far away from where I live. I drove 49 miles one way for this interview where I thought I was interviewing for a salary position.She asked me: would I socialize outside of work with coworkers, about why I left a job where I had worked 10 years ago, and about what the 1st screener spoke about. Most of my time was listening to her rattle off her to do list for the new store that she was taking over and personal issues that were inappropriate for an interview.She came across as extremely anxious, overwhelmed with her work and apologized for having OCD.

Interview Questions

• Would I socialize with coworkers outside of work? She mentioned that people at her store play some sports together but they don't invite everyone????   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Saw an ad online and applied. Within the week, got a call and set up an interview. Interview pretty basic, didn't ask anything too difficult, or anything at all really besides: "Do you have any questions for me?" Was told I'd hear from them. Got an offer a few days later.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online, a week later the store manager called and asked if I could interview. Went in the next day, seemed like a normal interview (nothing you wouldn't expect). Then two weeks later I was offered the position over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over the guy I'm interviewing directly after ypu .   Answer Question