Sports Authority Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

1.9

Sales Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Overall easy interview. I was asked about my former work experiences that made me qualified for my new position. They have a default list of questions for all hires. I did most of the hiring in our store. None of the questions are over the top.

Interview Questions

• No real tough questions, maybe a few scenario questions. Easy job to get and keep.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me over phone I had the job and then told me what they would pay me. It was an acceptable amount so I took it. One thing about this company they don't negotiate much, so don't expect to get more than they say. Every salary needs to be approved by the district manager.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority (Englewood, CO) in December 2012.

Interview

A third party recruiter set my interview up. I met with three people, one of them being a director in the department. The interview took about an hour, they asked basic interview questions and went over my experience. I showed several pieces of my portfolio and they asked questions about my work. Other than that pretty straight forward. Everyone was really nice.

Three and a half weeks later I was asked to do a simple skills test to demonstrate that I had the knowledge to perform within the position. Shortly after I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation since I knew the terms of the contract they had already decided through the recruiting company..

Training/Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied on S.A. Elite website. Was contacted by store manager 2 weeks later as a position became available. Set up an in - person interview at the location. Interview was a one - on one process with the store manager. It was very candid but, professional. Manager didn't ask me any "What if..." or "How would you act in this situation" type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward interview. Talked about my accomplishments and what I wanted out of the job. Talked about what I expected from S.A. that wasn't accomplished at my other positions. Talked about the company's direction and expectations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate At Sports Authority Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Authority (Holyoke, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied for position online. Three days later, got an call for an interview to speak to hiring manager. (1-1) interview. Conducted off sales floor in backroom. Questions easy. interview very informal and extrememly short. Company hires seasonal, part-time and full-time the hiring manager explained.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience selling golf equipment? How are you money handling skills? Do you need timeoff in the next three months?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, mimimum wage, raises are given based on meret based pay how long you've been with company. Very fair. It would be helpful to know someone that works there or a good reference to tell good things about you as an employeee. Company wants good workers.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Authority (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to come in. Had a group interview with 5 other people. Manager asked same questions to all of us.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, why do you want to work here? What do you do in your free time? in 3 words how would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Shoe Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority (Aventura, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call to come in for an interview. There was 8 other people in line for an interview. When it was my turn to walk inside I sat down and talked a little about the store to start things off. He asked me about my experience in a couple departments. Then He asked about my Favorited sport and why. Never got the "sell me a pen" interview It was pretty easy I think the point was to find a team member to join their family of a store.

He was definitely watching my every move but I took that as a compliment. He wanted to know if I had any questions. I'd say make sure you come prepared with questions. Since I've worked there before I asked If I would be able to take tests on other departments so I can fill in those spots when they need help. He seemed to like that a lot.

Interview Questions

• If we put you into the golf department name me an item that would be popular to sell.   Answer Question

I would have gotten the job but It was my failure to answer their phone call. I just kept getting called back at the worst times. All around 9pm.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority (Tulsa, OK) in September 2012.

Interview

It was short and simple. Why do you want to work here? have you worked in clothes? do you know anything about sports?

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority (Honolulu, HI) in September 2012.

Interview

The Co-Store manager who interviewed me liked me right of the start. At the time the store was in search of Footwear associates and I happen to have a lot of knowledge in the subject.

Interview Questions

• When the manager asked me to sell him a pen from the office we were holding the interview in.   Answer Question

Footware Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in September 2012.

Interview

After submitting a resume, i received a call for an interview. The interview is short and usually a job is offered without much hassle, takes about 20 minutes. Need to pass a drug test after.

Interview Questions

• Just questions based upon knowledge of a certain department they would like to put you   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Authority (Alexandria, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

In my initial interview, my hiring manager only asked the basics (availability, expected pay, experience). He asked "are you sure you want to work here?" with a surprised look, implicating my experience/personal qualifications overqualified me for the position. This immediately led me to believe that I would not be working in a very "professional" atmosphere (I don't believe my qualifications are all that great to begin with).

Interview Questions

• "What kind of shoe would sell someone who suppinates?" I had never sold shoes before, so naturally I was at a loss for words.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. When I asked what pay I would be receiving he said he "could not really tell me until my background check went through" which made no sense to me but I was desperate for a job and was going to take it regardless. I was however, led to believe I would be making at least $.25 to $.50 more than I actually started with.