Sports Authority

38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Woburn, MA

Interviewed at Sports Authority

Interview Details – It was very fast. I applied on the weekend, interviewed the following week and was offered a position on the spot, for a drug test the next day. The manager was great.

Interview Questions

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a bit annoying since they mostly only hire previous employees or if you get referred by a current employee like I did. I had to keep calling to ask for an interview which their reply would be within 3 days. Then I would call on the third day just to hear the same response. Had to walk in to talk to them personally to finally get an interview which was very simple. Basic questions like why work here, past experience

Interview Question – What is more important to you, making a customer smile or say thank you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – First you need to fill out an online application. Once I completed that I went in and spoke to a manager who told me the hiring manager was out and he would make sure to let him know I came in and was interested. I received a call about two days later from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there was any question that I hadn't heard before. Standard interview questions; why do you want to work for us, why would you be a great fit, when was there a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was initially offered $8.00 but I expressed my customer service experience and was able to raise him up to $8.25

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in June 2013.

Interview Details – Since I had already worked in retail, my interview was basically to describe my experiences with customer service. They look for things like leadership, competitive nature, self-set goals, resilience, etc. They also want you to ask MANY questions

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sports Authority

Interview Details – Saw an ad online and applied. Within the week, got a call and set up an interview. Interview pretty basic, didn't ask anything too difficult, or anything at all really besides: "Do you have any questions for me?" Was told I'd hear from them. Got an offer a few days later.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in March 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application online to three different stores. Got a call from one of them to come in for an interview. Came in, met with the store manager. Interviewed with him, received a tour of the store, and was told I seemed like a good fit and would receive a call in a few days.

Interview Question – Interviewer describes a situation such as a disagreement with a customer.   View Answer

Ocala, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2013.

Interview Details – Typical interview, nice people

Interview Question – Not very difficult questions.   View Answer

Interviewed at Sports Authority

Interview Details – I applied being a college student in need of a job during the Fall semester. I got a call about a month later asking about an interview. I wore a dress shirt and tie. I asked alot of questions which made me seem interested. Laid back interview process.

Interview Question – What previous customer service experience do you have? Tell me about your last boss? Did you have a review process at your last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered 8.00 an hour and I accepted. Much better then my last job.

Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority in November 2010.

Interview Details – Simple & easy. Common sense: This is a sports retail store. I walked in not really knowing anything but the basics of sports...it took a weeks adjustment and I learned almost everything I needed to know about sports and equipment. Selling ECPs will even better your paycheck and good standings.

Interview Question – none were difficult.   Answer Question

Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2009.

Interview Details – WEnt into the store and asked if they were hiring. Grabbed an application and heard back from them 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Simple numbers exam. Asked hours able to work and if there were any conflicts.   Answer Question

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!