Sports Authority Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in April 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. I spoke to two managers at the store. Was more of a friendly conversation than an interveiw. They do what to hear about your background in sports so make sure to talk about that during the interveiw. I also dressed up in a dress form my interveiw as well and brought them a copy of my resume even though I had already given them one with the online application. I filled out.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

I filled out application online and within 2 weeks I was called in for the easiest interview of my life. Keep In mind I have had 5 jobs before. They only asked a few questions such as my prior work history and why would I be a good fit to the company. One week after that I was hired. Sports authority does hire felons! I have multiple felony convictions and I was still hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

One interview lasting about 15 minutes. This took place instore with the department manager i would work under. There were a few questions but nothing too wild. I was called in for the interview because i was able to provide a level of expertise that no one else in the store had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to solve a problem at a previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sports Authority (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

very easy interview. They'll just ask what sport or department you feel most comfortable working in. I choose footwear because certain shoes you sale you can get commission for.

Interview Questions

• whats your favorite sport? Not hard at all   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sports Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

the interview as simply mostly questions about my experience with sports equipment. And some questions about prior job history, also pictures of sports equipment for me to name. all around the interview as pretty simple. they look more for job history than anything else.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

In person interview that lasted about twenty minutes. Asked about sales and customer service experience but nothing too specific. Wanted to know when I could start and I was offered the job right on the spot. Filled out all forms and was ready to go the next week. Interviewer was the store manager and was friendly. Liked what I had to say and was happy with responses that I gave

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

The Interview was very professional and pretty quick as well. They asked standard interview questions that weren't difficult to answer at all. The company is very detail oriented and they wanted the best sales person for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within 2 weeks. The most difficult part of the interview was picking any item in the store and try to "sell" it to another person participating in the group interview. I picked a sports bra because I know which ones are best for running. The managers loved that I was different and made it funny when I was "selling" it to a male interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Describe the item and features of it and sell it to your "customer" (the interviewee).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours but not pay. Pay was minimum wage with commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Interview

It was very fast. I applied on the weekend, interviewed the following week and was offered a position on the spot, for a drug test the next day. The manager was great.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

The hiring process was a bit annoying since they mostly only hire previous employees or if you get referred by a current employee like I did. I had to keep calling to ask for an interview which their reply would be within 3 days. Then I would call on the third day just to hear the same response. Had to walk in to talk to them personally to finally get an interview which was very simple. Basic questions like why work here, past experience

Interview Questions

• What is more important to you, making a customer smile or say thank you?   Answer Question