Sports Authority Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.7

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sports Authority.

very easy interview. They'll just ask what sport or department you feel most comfortable working in. I choose footwear because certain shoes you sale you can get commission for.

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Sports Authority in July 2014.

Contacted by phone. Group interviewed. Asked about availability. Previous retail experience. Showed a couple tasks in the back. Showed merchandise and walked on floor. Learned about company. Talked with managers. Easy and to the point.

Sales Associate Interview

In person interview that lasted about twenty minutes. Asked about sales and customer service experience but nothing too specific. Wanted to know when I could start and I was offered the job right on the spot. Filled out all forms and was ready to go the next week. Interviewer was the store manager and was friendly. Liked what I had to say and was happy with responses that I gave

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in January 2012.

No drug test, super easy, laid back interview. Just make sure you say you are willing to cross sell and sell service plans. There are a lot of opportunities for spiffs so make sure you are enthusiastic about that. Generally they tell you right away if you are hired or not. Make sure to ask a few questions to show that you are interested.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

The Interview was very professional and pretty quick as well. They asked standard interview questions that weren't difficult to answer at all. The company is very detail oriented and they wanted the best sales person for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

I applied online and received a call within 2 weeks. The most difficult part of the interview was picking any item in the store and try to "sell" it to another person participating in the group interview. I picked a sports bra because I know which ones are best for running. The managers loved that I was different and made it funny when I was "selling" it to a male interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the item and features of it and sell it to your "customer" (the interviewee).   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my hours but not pay. Pay was minimum wage with commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

It was very fast. I applied on the weekend, interviewed the following week and was offered a position on the spot, for a drug test the next day. The manager was great.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sports Authority.

The hiring process was a bit annoying since they mostly only hire previous employees or if you get referred by a current employee like I did. I had to keep calling to ask for an interview which their reply would be within 3 days. Then I would call on the third day just to hear the same response. Had to walk in to talk to them personally to finally get an interview which was very simple. Basic questions like why work here, past experience

Interview Questions
    • What is more important to you, making a customer smile or say thank you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority.

First you need to fill out an online application. Once I completed that I went in and spoke to a manager who told me the hiring manager was out and he would make sure to let him know I came in and was interested. I received a call about two days later from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there was any question that I hadn't heard before. Standard interview questions; why do you want to work for us, why would you be a great fit, when was there a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, etc.   View Answer
    I was initially offered $8.00 but I expressed my customer service experience and was able to raise him up to $8.25

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in June 2013.

Since I had already worked in retail, my interview was basically to describe my experiences with customer service. They look for things like leadership, competitive nature, self-set goals, resilience, etc. They also want you to ask MANY questions

Interview Questions

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!