Sports Authority Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at Sports Authority (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Contacted by phone. Group interviewed. Asked about availability. Previous retail experience. Showed a couple tasks in the back. Showed merchandise and walked on floor. Learned about company. Talked with managers. Easy and to the point.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

First you need to fill out an online application. Once I completed that I went in and spoke to a manager who told me the hiring manager was out and he would make sure to let him know I came in and was interested. I received a call about two days later from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say there was any question that I hadn't heard before. Standard interview questions; why do you want to work for us, why would you be a great fit, when was there a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was initially offered $8.00 but I expressed my customer service experience and was able to raise him up to $8.25

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Authority (Memphis, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. I was you standard interview questions to get a better understanding of my character and work ethic. The interviewer then provided me with a promotional membership card and asked me to demonstrate how I would sale it to a customer. I was given about 15 or so seconds to memorize the information and then attempt my pitch.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Saw an ad online and applied. Within the week, got a call and set up an interview. Interview pretty basic, didn't ask anything too difficult, or anything at all really besides: "Do you have any questions for me?" Was told I'd hear from them. Got an offer a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied being a college student in need of a job during the Fall semester. I got a call about a month later asking about an interview. I wore a dress shirt and tie. I asked alot of questions which made me seem interested. Laid back interview process.

Interview Questions

• What previous customer service experience do you have? Tell me about your last boss? Did you have a review process at your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered 8.00 an hour and I accepted. Much better then my last job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Authority (Ocala, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Typical interview, nice people

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult questions.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Authority (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Since I had already worked in retail, my interview was basically to describe my experiences with customer service. They look for things like leadership, competitive nature, self-set goals, resilience, etc. They also want you to ask MANY questions

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Applied online and a month later received a call. Had a small phone interview and asked questions which took about 10 min. Then i was scheduled to go into the store for an interview 2 days later. Basic interview questions, asked my availability and was hired on the spot as seasonal but decided to keep me after.

Interview Questions

• Why choose sports authority?
      Describe good customer service.
      How would you approach a customer.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for 25 cents over minimum wage. Overall received $9. First job so I didn't ask for much.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Authority (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to come in. Had a group interview with 5 other people. Manager asked same questions to all of us.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, why do you want to work here? What do you do in your free time? in 3 words how would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Authority (Alexandria, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

In my initial interview, my hiring manager only asked the basics (availability, expected pay, experience). He asked "are you sure you want to work here?" with a surprised look, implicating my experience/personal qualifications overqualified me for the position. This immediately led me to believe that I would not be working in a very "professional" atmosphere (I don't believe my qualifications are all that great to begin with).

Interview Questions

• "What kind of shoe would sell someone who suppinates?" I had never sold shoes before, so naturally I was at a loss for words.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. When I asked what pay I would be receiving he said he "could not really tell me until my background check went through" which made no sense to me but I was desperate for a job and was going to take it regardless. I was however, led to believe I would be making at least $.25 to $.50 more than I actually started with.