Sports Authority Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Interview

It was very fast. I applied on the weekend, interviewed the following week and was offered a position on the spot, for a drug test the next day. The manager was great.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

The hiring process was a bit annoying since they mostly only hire previous employees or if you get referred by a current employee like I did. I had to keep calling to ask for an interview which their reply would be within 3 days. Then I would call on the third day just to hear the same response. Had to walk in to talk to them personally to finally get an interview which was very simple. Basic questions like why work here, past experience

Interview Questions

• What is more important to you, making a customer smile or say thank you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Sports Authority (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Contacted by phone. Group interviewed. Asked about availability. Previous retail experience. Showed a couple tasks in the back. Showed merchandise and walked on floor. Learned about company. Talked with managers. Easy and to the point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was more an opportunity to get to know the branch manager, he asked me many questions that were related to how I feel about additive sales. He also asked if I had any restrictions in regards to work and he knew what he offered to me was minimal and was aware that I would not be with the company for a long period.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about pushing customers to get additional coverage on items.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

First you need to fill out an online application. Once I completed that I went in and spoke to a manager who told me the hiring manager was out and he would make sure to let him know I came in and was interested. I received a call about two days later from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say there was any question that I hadn't heard before. Standard interview questions; why do you want to work for us, why would you be a great fit, when was there a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was initially offered $8.00 but I expressed my customer service experience and was able to raise him up to $8.25

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Memphis, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. I was you standard interview questions to get a better understanding of my character and work ethic. The interviewer then provided me with a promotional membership card and asked me to demonstrate how I would sale it to a customer. I was given about 15 or so seconds to memorize the information and then attempt my pitch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

I first met with the floor manager. She was actually really chill about the interview. They asked me typical interview questions, specifics about my resume and stuff but weren't super intense and didn't seem worried about proper interview etiquette.

Interview Questions

• A mother comes in with her daughter who just started playing basketball. Walk me through how you help this customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have worked in retail before, try to negotiate a higher hourly wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online received a call a day after, interviewed few days later in person. Interview was simple, questions are simple to answer. Drug test and background check done same day of interview. Few days later results arrive and Hired once results came in

Interview Questions

• Why should be hire you instead of this other candidate?( who has more experience) Desceibe a time where you utilized your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Saw an ad online and applied. Within the week, got a call and set up an interview. Interview pretty basic, didn't ask anything too difficult, or anything at all really besides: "Do you have any questions for me?" Was told I'd hear from them. Got an offer a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied being a college student in need of a job during the Fall semester. I got a call about a month later asking about an interview. I wore a dress shirt and tie. I asked alot of questions which made me seem interested. Laid back interview process.

Interview Questions

• What previous customer service experience do you have? Tell me about your last boss? Did you have a review process at your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered 8.00 an hour and I accepted. Much better then my last job.