Sports Authority Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

1.7

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Saw an ad online and applied. Within the week, got a call and set up an interview. Interview pretty basic, didn't ask anything too difficult, or anything at all really besides: "Do you have any questions for me?" Was told I'd hear from them. Got an offer a few days later.

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in March 2012.

Submitted application online to three different stores. Got a call from one of them to come in for an interview. Came in, met with the store manager. Interviewed with him, received a tour of the store, and was told I seemed like a good fit and would receive a call in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer describes a situation such as a disagreement with a customer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2013.

Typical interview, nice people

Sales Associate Interview

I applied being a college student in need of a job during the Fall semester. I got a call about a month later asking about an interview. I wore a dress shirt and tie. I asked alot of questions which made me seem interested. Laid back interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What previous customer service experience do you have? Tell me about your last boss? Did you have a review process at your last job?   View Answer
    They offered 8.00 an hour and I accepted. Much better then my last job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority in November 2010.

Simple & easy. Common sense: This is a sports retail store. I walked in not really knowing anything but the basics of sports...it took a weeks adjustment and I learned almost everything I needed to know about sports and equipment. Selling ECPs will even better your paycheck and good standings.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2009.

WEnt into the store and asked if they were hiring. Grabbed an application and heard back from them 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Simple numbers exam. Asked hours able to work and if there were any conflicts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodside, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodside, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2010.

Applied online, called back a couple days later. Was hired with about 10 people at the time. Manager brings you to his office, asks you a couple basic questions and hired on the spot.

Couple days later you come in for some training and you're working a couple days later.

Everyone seems friendly and they get right to the point of what they want including dos and donts.

Interview Questions
    They hand you a piece of paper that you need to sign stating you're going to be making 8.35 an hour.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Applied online and a month later received a call. Had a small phone interview and asked questions which took about 10 min. Then i was scheduled to go into the store for an interview 2 days later. Basic interview questions, asked my availability and was hired on the spot as seasonal but decided to keep me after.

Interview Questions
    • Why choose sports authority?
      Describe good customer service.
      How would you approach a customer.
        Answer Question
    Asked for 25 cents over minimum wage. Overall received $9. First job so I didn't ask for much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in September 2009.

I applied the first time in person and called about a week and a half later. The manager told me to re-apply on their online website because my application some how got lost. I re-applied online and was called back for an interview. I met with the store manager and he gave me a fairly quick and easy interview. He asked if I had prior retail experience and how free my schedule was for shifts.

There was no negotiation since I hadn't had any retail experience before. I was offered minimum wage and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Authority in November 2012.

Applied online, got a call to come in. Had a group interview with 5 other people. Manager asked same questions to all of us.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, why do you want to work here? What do you do in your free time? in 3 words how would you describe yourself?   Answer Question
    No negotiation