Sports Authority Sales Authority Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2014

1.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Authority Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority.

The hiring process begins with a group interview setting starting with everybody introducing themselves. Questions were not too hard, more or less things aspects relating to your work ethic and how your skills will contribute to the company. After that, two or three out of the interviewees get into a second interview with the Store Manager and he/she will hire you.

Interview Questions
  • What are some values that you believe in that will help you succeed in this company?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in September 2013.

The interview was a joke. I was asked very few questions, and they seemed desperate for employees. The whole process was extremely unorganized. Aside from that i could tell immediately that the management team was unprofessional due to the lack of interest in the process and type of questions i was asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in August 2011.

Applied online through the site & was contacted 2 days later to schedule a interview. Went in and had a one on one interview for about 10 minutes. Was asked to come back for a second interview because they were mandatory. So They basically said you got the job after this second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in July 2011.

Applied online and got an e-mail the next day asking me to come in to interview the next day. Met 1:1 with one of the managers and was complimented on dressing professionally and arriving on time. Was asked very simple questions such as, "Do you like sports?" "Do you play sports?" "Why Sports Authority?" "Tell me about your most recent position." Then after about 15 minutes he told me he liked me, and if my background check came out clean I was hired.

Interview Questions
    9.00 an hour plus commission. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Authority in June 2011.

Upon submitting my application via the company's website, I received an email 3 days later stating I was selected for an interview. The 1st interview involved basic questions such as why I chose to work with this company? previous work experience and its relevance to the position offered? The interview lasted for about 5-10 minutes, I was told I should hear from the store manager in about 2 weeks. One week later, I was called in for a second interview, which was more laid back than the first. I was given a drug test form to complete the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sports Authority in June 2011.

Got called up for an interview, had resume on hand along with some notes. They were glad to look at my resume when I asked. Pretty short and informal interview, they gauged my sports knowledge and said they would hire me after I pass the background checks. That took like two days, then I met the store management people and started soon after.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know football, baseball, soccer, fitness, golf, outdoors?   Answer Question
    You can definitely negotiate on hourly pay, all the positions start at one level, so ask for more. If you can prove that you are worth it.

Sales Authority Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Authority in June 2012.

The interview was a group interview, which surprised me because reading past reviews of their hiring process never mentioned that, but because they were a store that was changing its location I could see the need to hold group interviews like that.

The group was made up of about 15 people and each of us were asked questions such as what sports we liked, why we wanted to work there, the basics. Two days later I got a call to start working.