Sports Authority Sales Authority Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

1.6

Sales Authority Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

Its really easy and quick all you have to do is show up on time and know a little about sports and you have the job. Once you get the call for an interview you can only mess it up for yourself dress nice and smile your way to a JOB because that's all it is a JOB

Interview Questions

• what do you know about sports and sports equipment. What situation can you describe that shows your customer service skills   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sports Authority

Sales Authority Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. They asked basic questions and they were very interested in my past sells experience. First I was interviewed by the hiring manager, and then about a week later I was interviewed by the store manager. The store manager asked questions like "If little Timmy is starting soccer in the spring what does he need to play?" Then you would list as many things that Sports Authority may carry that Timmy needs to play soccer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They started me off at 8.00 because that is what I asked for.

Sales Authority Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview

The hiring process begins with a group interview setting starting with everybody introducing themselves. Questions were not too hard, more or less things aspects relating to your work ethic and how your skills will contribute to the company. After that, two or three out of the interviewees get into a second interview with the Store Manager and he/she will hire you.

Interview Questions

• What are some values that you believe in that will help you succeed in this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in La Habra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (La Habra, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was a joke. I was asked very few questions, and they seemed desperate for employees. The whole process was extremely unorganized. Aside from that i could tell immediately that the management team was unprofessional due to the lack of interest in the process and type of questions i was asked.

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Tukwila, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online through the site & was contacted 2 days later to schedule a interview. Went in and had a one on one interview for about 10 minutes. Was asked to come back for a second interview because they were mandatory. So They basically said you got the job after this second interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself competitive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Santa Ana, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online and got an e-mail the next day asking me to come in to interview the next day. Met 1:1 with one of the managers and was complimented on dressing professionally and arriving on time. Was asked very simple questions such as, "Do you like sports?" "Do you play sports?" "Why Sports Authority?" "Tell me about your most recent position." Then after about 15 minutes he told me he liked me, and if my background check came out clean I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

9.00 an hour plus commission. No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Anchorage, AK) in June 2011.

Interview

Got called up for an interview, had resume on hand along with some notes. They were glad to look at my resume when I asked. Pretty short and informal interview, they gauged my sports knowledge and said they would hire me after I pass the background checks. That took like two days, then I met the store management people and started soon after.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know football, baseball, soccer, fitness, golf, outdoors?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can definitely negotiate on hourly pay, all the positions start at one level, so ask for more. If you can prove that you are worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Authority (Miami, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Upon submitting my application via the company's website, I received an email 3 days later stating I was selected for an interview. The 1st interview involved basic questions such as why I chose to work with this company? previous work experience and its relevance to the position offered? The interview lasted for about 5-10 minutes, I was told I should hear from the store manager in about 2 weeks. One week later, I was called in for a second interview, which was more laid back than the first. I was given a drug test form to complete the same day.

Sales Authority Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Authority in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was a group interview, which surprised me because reading past reviews of their hiring process never mentioned that, but because they were a store that was changing its location I could see the need to hold group interviews like that. The group was made up of about 15 people and each of us were asked questions such as what sports we liked, why we wanted to work there, the basics. Two days later I got a call to start working.