Sports Authority

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2014.

Interview Details – Did phone interview and was asked to come in for a 1 on 1 interview......Spent about 35 minutes discussing past work experiences and sale objectives.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough Money

Sales Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, interview with store manager, and interview with district manager

Sales Team Leader

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – Overall easy interview. I was asked about my former work experiences that made me qualified for my new position. They have a default list of questions for all hires. I did most of the hiring in our store. None of the questions are over the top.

Interview Question – No real tough questions, maybe a few scenario questions. Easy job to get and keep.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me over phone I had the job and then told me what they would pay me. It was an acceptable amount so I took it. One thing about this company they don't negotiate much, so don't expect to get more than they say. Every salary needs to be approved by the district manager.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sports Authority

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sports Authority Sales Team Leader interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sports Authority employees and interview candidates.