Sports Authority

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

STORE MANAGER Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – 3 interviews.

Interview Question – What will you do to make change?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sports Authority.

Interview Details – I have over 20 years of retail leadership experience. I was called in to interview with a Store Manager and the District Manager. They asked me to talk through my past experience, and that was all that I was asked during the interview. From there they spent the next 30 minuets selling the company to me. You could tell that neither one had ever had any formal experience in interviewing so this made it fairly simple for me to control the interview. It ended with the District manager asking me if I would be interested in interviewing with HR, to which I agreed.

The second interview wasn't too much more challenging. We had to delay the interview because the HR manager was on the phone. I was sitting just outside her door, and hear her talking on a personal call where she was saying that she would be home a little late because she was getting a pedicure, so it would be close to 4 before she was there. My thought there was that HR was the job to have if getting home at 4pm was late?! When I met with her and the DM again (22 minuets later than scheduled), the questions were basic interview questions. She attempted to try a few behavioral based questions, but interrupted and interjected in to my answers as though she was completing my answers.

Interview Question – The only question that was remotely challenging was why would I want to take a position that was below my experience level?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I turned down the first salary offer and explained that I would love to join their team, however, my family had received another offer that better suited us financialy. They asked the offer, and matched it a few hours later.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sports Authority

Worked for Sports Authority? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sports Authority Store Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sports Authority employees and interview candidates.