Sports Direct

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sports Direct in March 2012.

Interview Details – We had a group interview where we were asked various questions in front of one another and asked to sell an item to the interviewer. It appeared quite easy going, which it was, although there was a bit of anxiety among everyone as we knew some where better and some weren't. Not the nicest or easiest way to do things but that's Sports Direct for you.

Hart, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview Details – did the online application heard back pretty soon after got invited for an interview, interview was a very quick one to one chat. They where only offering 4 hours a week for the position and said you will gain more hours.

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sports Direct in September 2013.

Interview Details – i was given a time to attend my interview and was seen within 15 minutes of arriving my interviewer had already read through my CV and had decided to welcome me to the team there and then and then asked me wheat i wanted to get from working for sports direct and what aims i was looking towards he was a very friendly chap who listened to all i had to say which he told me everything i said just affirmed his decision to have me on the team .... after providing all my proof of identity etc i left the interview very happy and quite chuffed :)

Interview Question – what were my expectations from my job ?...   View Answer

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Casual Sales Assistant

I applied online - interviewed at Sports Direct in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went into the office and didn't even sit on a chair, was asked a few casual questions, why I want the job etc, you were told then and there if you got the job , probably half hour interview if that. Very informal

Interview Question – What can you offer the company?
Think that's the hardest question you can be asked in any interview.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't ever work for sports direct. Rubbish

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Casual Sales Assistant
Weymouth, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sports Direct in August 2013.

Interview Details – I've submitted a spontaneous application three months ago, and i've received an invitation by e-mail last week, for a in-store interview. I've booked myself an interview for the most suitable time, from those available. I've arrived on time, the manager received me right away, and we've had a 10 to 15mins conversation. It was a very informal, simple and honest interview. The manager presented the conditions, made a few questions about availability and details regarding uniform sizes. I've described my previous professional experience.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview Details – Initial Communication: Online
Number of interviews: 1
Number of Induction: 1
Work Culture: Average

Interview Question – It'll be a zero hour contract. So, why u choose sports direct?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't negotiate. It'll be better for you.

Sale Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview Details – there wasn't an interview, i applied with a cv in the store and they told me to fill in an online application form also, i didn't fill in the application form, but they must have liked me anyway, i was hired mainly for the christmas sales and it took a while for me to start working as they lost the copy of my passport a couple of times, it took about 1-2 months after i got the job to start working there, i suppose that they are looking for enthusiastic workers and people who can work in a team, so make sure you mention that in your cv

Interview Question – there was no real interview so there wasn't a difficult question really   Answer Question

Durham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sports Direct in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was in groups, there was no technical questions or personal questions asked

Interview Question – Available hours, whoever in the group could work the longest basically got the job   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sports Direct in July 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted CV with online job application. Received a call same day for an interview. Very informal. Asked questions regarding to how well I can advise customers, regarding sports and sports equipment.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all.

Manchester, England (UK)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sports Direct in July 2010.

Interview Details – I heard about a position from a friend and submitted a CV to the store. I've received a phone call in a couple of days and scheduled an interview in person. The interview lasted around 20 minutes and the hiring manager was polite. He asked me about my previous jobs and duties involved. After he finished interviewing me he informed me that I got the position.

Interview Question – What can you contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sports Direct

Worked for Sports Direct? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sports Direct interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sports Direct employees and interview candidates.