Sports Direct Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

1.9

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Direct (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online - contacted a few days later via email to come in for an interview. Very basic, few questions about myself and the company, took no longer than 15 minutes. My advice would be to stay relaxed and show some character - they want people who will fit in well with the team.

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Direct (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was informal. lasted approximately 5 minutes. Regardless of whether I was running late, the manager understood but it was very quick and very simple. I had sat down and the manager had gone through my CV and asked me questions due to my previous employment. As there was 2 managers, I had spoken to them both as they were very friendly. We had spoken about avaliability and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer
    • What did you like and dislike about your previous job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with Sportsdirect.com?   1 Answer

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day saying I was selected for interview. I turned up on time but I was told to wait for 10 minutes. Then 20 minutes near 30 minutes I got called in and was asked 4 questions while the interviewer noted like 2 words of what I said I was very shy and didn't say much but they expect you to go in depth with your answers with questions like describe a time you were in this situation. It was very casual but I didn't get the job and honestly I didn't really want it. Very unprofessional. The interview only lasted 5 to 10 minutes. Generally easy but it was my first interview. Don't wear anything too fancy but not jeans and t shirt.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview

very easy quick questions asked, nothing difficult, you can just walk in and get a job, the staff turnaround is so quick they are always hiring. You walk in with your own clothes and the manager talks through what he's looking for.

Interview Questions

• When are you free to work, what experience do you have   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Direct in June 2015.

Interview

Received an email to book and interview, was fairly straight forward and lasted approx 15 mins. Went to the store and told them I had an interview and then met with the supervisor on duty.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sports Direct? Why do you want to work for them? Sell me an insole?   Answer Question

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden Town, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Direct (Camden Town, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a invitation to a interview same day. Went to the interview and the thing i had to was right 10 bad & good about the store. I then was called to the room in back. She asked a few questions. She was nice and gave me time to think about my answers. She was very understandable. Easy to talk to.

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Direct (Greenford, England (UK)).

Interview

went their to drop my cv and got a call the next day.. interview was straight quite easy to get in.. only apply for this place if you have no other option. people working their seemed stressed.. only for me to find out later (once I started working) that the day shift is 12+ hr.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to do work on a weekly rota system   1 Answer

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sports Direct (Bristol, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position using their website and within a few days was contacted to come in for an in store interview. I was essentially told at the end of the interview that I had got the job and was told I would receive a call soon. It took them around a month to process my work permit (was not school leavers age when applied) and to create my pay-roll number. I was then invited in for a 5 hour induction day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sports DIrect?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Sports Direct?   1 Answer
    • What is the most important value I am looking for in a potential employee?   1 Answer

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sports Direct (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very calm, the manager was easy to talk to. More like a conversation with a friend than an interview. If the manager is nice and open then most probably you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Direct (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

When I first arrived I was told that the member of staff that was supposed to interview me wasn't in. I was then sent to wait downstairs for around 20 before another member of staff finally came and took me in the staff room. The interview was extremely easy and the person who interviewed me was friendly.