Sports Direct Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.0

Sale Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hart, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hart, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Direct.

did the online application heard back pretty soon after got invited for an interview, interview was a very quick one to one chat. They where only offering 4 hours a week for the position and said you will gain more hours.

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Direct in January 2014.

I applied online and got a response a couple of weeks later, I had to pick a time to come in for an interview. The manager wasn't in when i went for my interview so another Casual Sales Assistant was interviewing me. Then I got asked to come back for another interview with the manager, but i didn't get the job in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us? Why should we hire you? What can you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sports Direct in September 2013.

i was given a time to attend my interview and was seen within 15 minutes of arriving my interviewer had already read through my CV and had decided to welcome me to the team there and then and then asked me wheat i wanted to get from working for sports direct and what aims i was looking towards he was a very friendly chap who listened to all i had to say which he told me everything i said just affirmed his decision to have me on the team .... after providing all my proof of identity etc i left the interview very happy and quite chuffed :)

Interview Questions
    • what were my expectations from my job ?...   View Answer

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sports Direct in August 2013.

I've submitted a spontaneous application three months ago, and i've received an invitation by e-mail last week, for a in-store interview. I've booked myself an interview for the most suitable time, from those available. I've arrived on time, the manager received me right away, and we've had a 10 to 15mins conversation. It was a very informal, simple and honest interview. The manager presented the conditions, made a few questions about availability and details regarding uniform sizes. I've described my previous professional experience.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sports Direct.

Initial Communication: Online
    Number of interviews: 1
    Number of Induction: 1
    Work Culture: Average

Interview Questions
    • It'll be a zero hour contract. So, why u choose sports direct?   Answer Question
    Don't negotiate. It'll be better for you.

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sports Direct in May 2013.

Went into the office and didn't even sit on a chair, was asked a few casual questions, why I want the job etc, you were told then and there if you got the job , probably half hour interview if that. Very informal

Interview Questions
    • What can you offer the company?
      Think that's the hardest question you can be asked in any interview.
        Answer Question
    Don't ever work for sports direct. Rubbish

Sale Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sports Direct.

there wasn't an interview, i applied with a cv in the store and they told me to fill in an online application form also, i didn't fill in the application form, but they must have liked me anyway, i was hired mainly for the christmas sales and it took a while for me to start working as they lost the copy of my passport a couple of times, it took about 1-2 months after i got the job to start working there, i suppose that they are looking for enthusiastic workers and people who can work in a team, so make sure you mention that in your cv

Interview Questions
    • there was no real interview so there wasn't a difficult question really   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Direct in March 2012.

We had a group interview where we were asked various questions in front of one another and asked to sell an item to the interviewer. It appeared quite easy going, which it was, although there was a bit of anxiety among everyone as we knew some where better and some weren't. Not the nicest or easiest way to do things but that's Sports Direct for you.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Direct in July 2011.

Submitted CV with online job application. Received a call same day for an interview. Very informal. Asked questions regarding to how well I can advise customers, regarding sports and sports equipment.

No negotiation at all.

Sale Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sports Direct in April 2011.

Interview was in groups, there was no technical questions or personal questions asked

Interview Questions
    • Available hours, whoever in the group could work the longest basically got the job   Answer Question