Spot Trading

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Automation Engineer Interview

QA Automation Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Spot Trading in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on Linkedin and got a call

Interview Question – A simple phone screen followed by an intense 7 round (different people from Spot - 6 technical) face to face interview.

Most of the questions were around multithreading, concurrency control, past automation experience. There was a linked list question( find dups in L.L. and eliminate those) which I could easily write the code for. Another coding question which was also very easy (had to implement queue using stack) . Interviewer liked my approach.

Some scenario questions where how would you solve a fast sender and slow receiver problem with complexities added as you elaborate. Some data structure related questions like arrays vs linked list /hash maps/queues. Had to write a couple of SQL queries on the white board.

Nothing was difficult , one gentleman asked me a puzzle which was not properly elaborated. I mis-assumed something and got it wrong.

All n all, I gave a solid interview according to me. I don't have ANY c++/python experience and that may be a basis of rejection.
  Answer Question

Worked for Spot Trading? Contribute to the Community!