SpotOn

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
San Rafael, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SpotOn in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process is basic. Start out as a Business consultant on commission only, which is technically a account executive who sells but the exception is that you now have to act as customer service and tech support too. Once you can prove that you can produce above quota and maintain a high retention rate, the CEOs will authorize a salary.

Interview Question – I never incurred any puzzling questions but I do have to say/reiterate how important it is that the interviewee must highlight their abilities to sell AND provide customer support because it is crucial for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't much of a negotiation phase until you produce volume. The bonuses pay well if the salesperson markets to chain stores.

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SpotOn in January 2013.

Interview Details – The worst I have ever been to! No formal process. The person hiring is the regional manager and has no idea how to use the equipment or how it works. And lack complete professionalism.

Interview Question – None. I asked questions he couldn't answer. Bad from the beginning   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SpotOn in August 2012.

Interview Details – This company has a simple interview process. Hired on the spot as a 1099 contractor initially. Bring in a specified number of accounts in order to earn employee status. This company will basically hire anyone off the street. Not a good fit if you are a seasoned sales professional

Interview Question – Just be able to explain example of your sales success. They will bring you on regardless as a contractor before being offered full time employment. They are looking for as many bodies as possible for market penetration whether you are qualified or not.   View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – None. Just hit my required number of sales as a contractor and transitioned to full time status. They micro manage you weekly so beware. If you miss your number for the week they threaten downgrade to 1099 or termination

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Rafael, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at SpotOn.

Interview Details – Fast process of getting in touch with you for an interview. The interview was a lecture and babbling from the VP who was like a car salesman. They are full of it. I asked basic questions of how many businesses signed up in an area and they lied about it. The average sales person stays there less than a year (around 30% retention rate)....there is no salary

Interview Question – Get ready for swearing during the interview process...   View Answers (7)

Reason for Declining – No future for sales people. The company is solid but besides the CEO's they are full of it. Watch out!

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SpotOn in May 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from a agency from Kolkata that asked me whether I was interested in the Job. I said Yes and then they informed that my Resume has been short listed and I have to attend a interview.
I said okay, and went for the interview. There I had a Interview with the Regional Asst. Manager. Then I was asked to attend one more Interview with the HR.
I went for that also and then I was said that I would be informed about the joining date.
The Company has a awesome Work Culture. And I would love to work in this Company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to take up this Job in this field especially when you are coming from a completely different professional Background ?   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at SpotOn.

Interview Details – Called me and set up and interview for the next day. Pretty basic interview, asked me to describe various aspects of my resume and why I would be a good fit for the company. Then we talked about the position and the company. Called me later that night with an offer.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SpotOn in June 2012.

Interview Details – I emailed my resume to SpotOn after seeing their help wanted ad on Moster.Com. In less than 10 minutes {very impressive!) they called me and we had a 20 minute conversation. The interviewer had one question for me: "Are you familar with our product?" I explained all I knew about SpotOn based on what was on their website and FaceBook page (seemed like a very friendly and fresh crew working there!). He gave me a bit more detail and then went on to tell me why I'd be good for the company. (I have experience selling this sort of product to businesses and I have a lot of sales experience in general.) The interviewer said there was a $25K base salary plus bonuses but couldnt tell me what the average person made in bonuses each year. He then said someone from my area would be contacting me for a F2F meeting with a few days. This never happened.

*I believe I lost the interviewers attention when I told him the $25K would probably just pay my expenses to work...and I was more interested in the bonus. {But I still wanted to hear what the local mgr had to say!)
*The company is rather new (3 years and trying to break into new areas), could be a nice way to get into sales on the ground floor of a company, or a second income for a family.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with SPOTon?   View Answer

Account Manager

Interview Details – I applied for this position, the job overview on Career Builder says base $25K-$35K plus bonus. The initial recruiter called me within 1 day and ask me a couple of basic questions: Do I have sales experience? Am I familiar with the company?
Then the recruiter went on to describe the position and the company, where I learned that it is a work from home, using your own phone, computer, and car to travel to meet with businesses with 100% commission and bonus. Different from the job ad. The compensation is way to little.

Looks like they are trying to get as many people applying for the position stating the position has a base pay, but the recruiter said it was 100% commission. \

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Not worth the time to invest my own resources for only $200 per open account.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SpotOn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SpotOn interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by SpotOn employees and interview candidates.