Spotify Product Manager Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Spotify.

After a few emails and then a Skype interview with HR in Stockholm, reviewing interview process, team culture and timeframe (expected 3 months for me, American, to be hired into the Stockholm HQ). After the initial screening had 2 more interviews via Skype with the hiring manager. She was very smart, passionate about the space. It seemed like great team and opportunity. Then I was passed to another/different HR dude, who informed me he would be in touch regarding next steps (which would have been the f2f in Stockholm). I got the distinct feeling I was being put on the back burner ... A few weeks later I was told that an offer had indeed been extended to and accepted by another candidate. While the 2nd HR dude expressed interest in me as a candidate for other positions, when I pinged him in the future, he never responded. Oh well.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected really, but be prepared to discuss the competitive landscape in-depth and lay out (i.e. give away for free) your vision for the growth of a feature set/product over time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Spotify

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spotify in April 2012.

Applied for a product manager position online. Since the office is located in Sweden, all interviews were done on Skype. The recruiter took 2 weeks of back and forth to set up a 10 minute conversation with me about my background. It took a few follow up emails to see if she was still interested in moving forward with me. She replied after the second email very enthusiastically saying she wanted me to speak with the hiring manager. That process took another few weeks of back and forth email. The time of the call was changed 3 times then finally confirmed. When I finally Skyped with the manager, he seemed less than enthusiastic and seemed unprepared regarding my background. I never got a call back. They took way too long and I eventually got an offer from another high profile company.

I think Spotify is a company with a lot of promise, but their recruiting process is a bit unorganized. Be prepared to be dragged along for weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What are your experiences working with platforms and APIs?   Answer Question

Worked for Spotify? Contribute to the Community!