Springer Science + Business Media

www.springer.com

Springer Science + Business Media Interview Questions

2.7

Digital Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Springer Science + Business Media.

The process included eight interviews over a period of almost a year. It was lengthy and wasteful. Each interview presented another "Senior" level who had input on the position. The final interview consisted of interviewing candidates that would report into the position.

Licensing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Springer Science + Business Media in March 2014.

Completely dysfunctional and uncomfortable.

The whole vibe was weird.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Springer Science + Business Media.

Phone interview followed by in-person and teleconference interview. This is a global company and people from around the world need to be able to interview the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you build a marketing plan?"   View Answer
    Head Hunter negotiated.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Springer Science + Business Media in July 2013.

I was referred for the position by someone in the HR department and was scheduled for an interview shortly after applying for the position. Springer has a very friendly and casual environment for an educational publisher. First I had a phone interview and a week later I went in and spoke with the HR representative about my work and educational experience and then I interviewed with the positions supervisor. He gave a great summary of the position and what he was looking to do with the department and introduced me to a few other members on staff. Overall it was a very simple and comprehensive interview process.

Interview Questions

Position wasnt what I was looking for and I got a better offer elsewhere.

Mathematics Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Springer Science + Business Media in March 2012.

I had my first interview with a hiring manager over the telephone; she wanted to make sure that I understood what the position would be asking of me, and that I was still interested, before scheduling a second telephone interview for me with the director of the mathematics division in New York. I spoke with him about a week later, when he gave more detail about the position and the company, and asked me for a bit of elaboration on my own background and for my availability for an in-person interview in New York (I am not local to the greater NYC area).

Unfortunately, two weeks after that, I was told that someone else had accepted the position--but it seemed like a productive and serious environment to work in, and I would have loved to have been offered something there!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a leadership role you have held. Would you be comfortable managing people with undergraduate degrees?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Springer Science + Business Media in March 2009.

I received a phone call soon after applying for the position online. The environment in the office seemed nice when I arrived, and I was lead into a small office for a one on one interview. I was a little nervous, but the interview felt awkward and as if the interviewer wanted to make me uncomfortable, which is what happened. I was not offered the job even though I was told they'd be in touch with me and liked me and there was lots of opportunities at the time. I sent a thank you note, an email and made a follow-up call but none were ever returned.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Springer Science + Business Media in July 2008.

The initial call-back was an hourish-long conversation, just about what I'd been doing in college, clubs, what I was doing post-college. It was with a generic HR person but she was easy enough to talk to. The actual interview was with the editor I would be reporting to. The process was simple enough, questions about my background, lots to gush about regarding the position. As long as you show that you're mildly intelligent and engaged, it's an easy process. EA turnover is fairly high.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any one snag of a question. Fairly straightforward cookie-cutter interview.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate... I went 15% higher, was met at 10% which is still pennies-- EAs at Springer don't get paid much.

Editorial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Springer Science + Business Media in June 2012.

I was contacted by an HR representative to set up an interview. As I was out of town for business, they were kind enough to arrange an interview by telephone. The interview was conducted by the Senior Editor I would be working for, and I was asked basic questions about what computer programs I was familiar with, etc.