Springleaf Finance

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.8

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Quick turnaround between the phone interview with HR and the half-day, in-person interviews with the department. Peer interviews were via a panel, more senior-level interviewers were one-on-one. No formal testing, only behavioral, conversational questions. There was no negotiation for salary, paid-time-off, etc. as I'm entry-level (recent college grad).

Interview Questions
    • One interview consisted only of "so tell me about yourself" and I was expected to fill in the hour on my own.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for entry-level.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in January 2015.

First there was a brief phone screening with an HR specialist. Then I was invited for an on-site interview. I interviewed with a total of 6 hiring managers from 6 different teams, 2 interviewers per 30-minute session. Pretty straightforward skill set related questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for company? What are your career goals? What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Branch manager face to face then District manager face to face. Drug and background test. Dress to impress and try and stay calm. Purpose is to make a profit and up selling products.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would handle an upset customer, what would you do in this situation.   Answer Question
    Negotiable

Personal Loan Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in December 2014.

I applied online. I was called a week later and spoke with the branch manager on the phone for about 20 minutes. The first phone call seemed to be like a screening phone call, see if I was qualified. She then proceeded to say that she would give me a call later on in the week (which ended up being about 3 days) for a face-to-face interview in the office.

The interview in the office took about an hour and was strictly questions read from a pamphlet. She took notes while I was answering the questions. There was no elaboration on any of the question, she just stuck right to what was on the paper. I was then told that I would be given a call the following week to speak with the district manager. I followed up with a thank you note, but never heard from the district manager.

Two weeks later I received an email from HR informing me about the selection of another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a leadership role where your peers did not accept you as their leader/agree with you?   Answer Question

Personal Financial Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Okay so far a week process saying my credit is the hold up two things from 2011 but everything I have open now is current says id be. Liability for theft twr I've never stolen anything from anywhere and how is two phones bills from 2011 justify in a thief

Loan Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in October 2014.

Pretty straight-forward process. Seems like a decent company to work for but going through some changes. Hiring Managers were very friendly, courteous, and professional during the process. Had a phone interview with a branch manager, then in person with that manager, had interview with Regional Manager, then interview with another branch manager. Base salary is not quite what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

Pay was a little under my expectations.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delaware, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Delaware, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in June 2014.

Phone interview from HR first, then phone interview with Director who has the current openning. The first interview is very general, it is just a screening on your skills and experience but the second phone interview asks more specifically about how well your skills are like SAS experience, Excel experience and so on.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Two phone interviews mainly covering what I had done in the past. No technical questions. Final was an in-person interview at their headquarters in Evensville Indiana. That was about describing the job and meeting the managers.

I had two other offers. SpringLeaf made a good one but the other was closer to my home.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in October 2013.

I had applied through the company website. I received a call from HR after 30 days. Round 1 was with HR and purely HR and Resume based questions.
    Round 2: With hiring manager. He also asked about general SAS questions and resume based questions. Like describe the most recent projects, why Spingleaf, Why Analytics etc.
    after that I was scheduled to come for onsite interview at Spingleaf Delware Satellite office.

Onsite Interview had : 6 rounds with 6 different people

Person1: VP of Fraud/Risk Analytics: alot of SAS related questions. more towards the business side and not towards technical side. Some what if scenario.

Person2: Technical questions related to SAS, ANOVA, p value, t test, Predictive modeling, Ensemble models,DT, Regression, True positive, False Negative,Credit scoring, Customer lifetime value, hypothesis testing etc

Person3: SQL based questions, Table join, Reflexive join, Missing values, Duplicate records and questions based on previous work experience.

Person 4: SAS related technical questions, Credit scoring, Financial modeling, Risk Analytics, Some Tricky questions, What if scenario questions, some logical thinking questions and some general coding questions.

Person5: Questions related to finance, expenses, loss, customer attrition and resume related questions.

Person 6: Hiring Manager: What if scenario based question. questions based on GRAPH, interpret them and make sense out of it. SAS related technical questions, financial modeling, Risk modeling etc

Interview Questions
    • You need to have in depth knowledge of marketing/SAS/Modeling   Answer Question

I declined them because of some personal issues.

Senior Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in September 2013.

The day after I applied to several positions, a HR rep called me and we completed a telephone interview. He e-mailed different departments my info. Inevitably, within 2 hours, I was called to arrange an interview....The interview was scheduled for the following week. The department head who interviewed me was an obese, (appeared) burned out, long term employee of the company. I appeared overly joyful compared to his overall personality.

The department head that interviewed me appeared to be completely burned out. I'm sure he is good at his job, but appeared as if he would rather be doing anything else than working there. I DID NOT want to be in his shoes.