Springleaf Finance

2.8

Senior Customer Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dover, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in June 2010.

I applied online. The entire process took almost two months. I was contacted for a first interview. Then several weeks later I was contacted for a second interview. A couples weeks after that I was contacted with an offer.

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

interviewed at Springleaf Finance in January 2010.

Met with and interviewed by General Counsel, other lawyers in the Legal Department and various business unit managers. Also interviewed with Human Resources Department personnel. It was an all day process that included lunch. Was put up the night before at the local casino hotel nearby.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delaware, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delaware, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in June 2014.

Phone interview from HR first, then phone interview with Director who has the current openning. The first interview is very general, it is just a screening on your skills and experience but the second phone interview asks more specifically about how well your skills are like SAS experience, Excel experience and so on.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Two phone interviews mainly covering what I had done in the past. No technical questions. Final was an in-person interview at their headquarters in Evensville Indiana. That was about describing the job and meeting the managers.

I had two other offers. SpringLeaf made a good one but the other was closer to my home.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walterboro, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walterboro, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in January 2012.

I met with the district manager and he basically gave me the job on the spot. I had to drive an hour to the interview. The interview was in another office than the one that I would work in.

Interview Questions
    • None really just be truthful and answer to the best of your ability.   Answer Question
    It was not really any negotiating he asked me what I wanted I told him he said no and then told me what I was going to get.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in June 2013.

Two interviews, one with the branch manager and one with the district manager. Had to wait a week after second interview before I got the call saying that I got the job. Both interviews were pretty basic, asking general questions about previous work experience, what you can bring to the table, etc.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward. The only one that through me for a loop was "Do you like or dislike being micromanaged"   View Answer
    Due to cut backs and lay offs in recent year, they start everyone out at pretty much the same base salary. Not really any negotiation allowed

Loan Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in February 2013.

After submitting a resume at a job fair, I received a call from a recruiter the next day. Answered several basic questions in regards to education and work history. We then scheduled an on site interview.
    I did a one-on-one interview with a department supervisor. Questions were very normal and straight forward. They then went on to describe the position and expectations, followed by an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question, but we went into detail about the position's job security. This was necessary because the department was only four months old and the company had laid off nearly 30% of its workforce the previous year.   Answer Question
    At the time, I clarified that this was not a sales position but rather a customer service position. I was told it was not a sales driven position, which held true for the first several months. However, quotas and sales were soon added to the job requirements. Not saying this is a reason to not take a job with them, but just be aware that the company is constantly changing, and you may encounter similar conditions.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in October 2013.

I had applied through the company website. I received a call from HR after 30 days. Round 1 was with HR and purely HR and Resume based questions.
    Round 2: With hiring manager. He also asked about general SAS questions and resume based questions. Like describe the most recent projects, why Spingleaf, Why Analytics etc.
    after that I was scheduled to come for onsite interview at Spingleaf Delware Satellite office.

Onsite Interview had : 6 rounds with 6 different people

Person1: VP of Fraud/Risk Analytics: alot of SAS related questions. more towards the business side and not towards technical side. Some what if scenario.

Person2: Technical questions related to SAS, ANOVA, p value, t test, Predictive modeling, Ensemble models,DT, Regression, True positive, False Negative,Credit scoring, Customer lifetime value, hypothesis testing etc

Person3: SQL based questions, Table join, Reflexive join, Missing values, Duplicate records and questions based on previous work experience.

Person 4: SAS related technical questions, Credit scoring, Financial modeling, Risk Analytics, Some Tricky questions, What if scenario questions, some logical thinking questions and some general coding questions.

Person5: Questions related to finance, expenses, loss, customer attrition and resume related questions.

Person 6: Hiring Manager: What if scenario based question. questions based on GRAPH, interpret them and make sense out of it. SAS related technical questions, financial modeling, Risk modeling etc

Interview Questions
    • You need to have in depth knowledge of marketing/SAS/Modeling   Answer Question

I declined them because of some personal issues.

Senior Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in September 2013.

The day after I applied to several positions, a HR rep called me and we completed a telephone interview. He e-mailed different departments my info. Inevitably, within 2 hours, I was called to arrange an interview....The interview was scheduled for the following week. The department head who interviewed me was an obese, (appeared) burned out, long term employee of the company. I appeared overly joyful compared to his overall personality.

The department head that interviewed me appeared to be completely burned out. I'm sure he is good at his job, but appeared as if he would rather be doing anything else than working there. I DID NOT want to be in his shoes.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in October 2011.

If they like your resume you will get a call very quickly, then you will have 1 or 2 interviews with standard questions

I asked for more & they gave it to me. However, I came to them with a lot of experience.

Worked for Springleaf Finance? Contribute to the Community!