Springleaf Finance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.7

Personal Loan Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Interview

Basic, scripted interview. Google interview questions and it's all there. You meet with a BM then a DM. Probably 2 interviews. Not a very formal process. If you're slightly educated you should be able to give them answers they're looking for. Say slot of things about being self motivated and sales oriented. They are pushing excellent customer service right now, and they need to because it sucks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to exercise problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process. They require background/criminal/drug testing. I had to meet with the District manager 2x and had to commute to where he was located. I was asked basic questions " why do you want the job? how are you qualified? They asked how would i handle several different situations.

Personal Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Springleaf Finance (Lubbock, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Glassdoor. I had the branch manager schedule an interview. We made some small talk and then she pulled out an interview sheet. Our conversation diverged from the interview question below to what I had to offer for the company and my sales background. We talked for close to two hours.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staunton, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Springleaf Finance (Staunton, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. Met the DBM at my campus career fair. Went to the office a few weeks later and had more of a conversation than an interview. They want to see if you can manage people, and also if you would be able to be a successful Personal Loan Specialist. Everyone starts out as a PLS and then can be promoted to Manager.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Springleaf Finance (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not abnormal. After filling out an online application, I received a phone call from an employee at a branch office. During the phone call, the details of the internship were shared and an in-person interview was scheduled. The interview went very well and felt fair. Overall, the entire process was very fair and professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time when you succeeded as part of a team.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Interview

Quick turnaround between the phone interview with HR and the half-day, in-person interviews with the department. Peer interviews were via a panel, more senior-level interviewers were one-on-one. No formal testing, only behavioral, conversational questions. There was no negotiation for salary, paid-time-off, etc. as I'm entry-level (recent college grad).

Interview Questions

• One interview consisted only of "so tell me about yourself" and I was expected to fill in the hour on my own.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for entry-level.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance (Evansville, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was a brief phone screening with an HR specialist. Then I was invited for an on-site interview. I interviewed with a total of 6 hiring managers from 6 different teams, 2 interviewers per 30-minute session. Pretty straightforward skill set related questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for company? What are your career goals? What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Branch manager face to face then District manager face to face. Drug and background test. Dress to impress and try and stay calm. Purpose is to make a profit and up selling products.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle an upset customer, what would you do in this situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I was called a week later and spoke with the branch manager on the phone for about 20 minutes. The first phone call seemed to be like a screening phone call, see if I was qualified. She then proceeded to say that she would give me a call later on in the week (which ended up being about 3 days) for a face-to-face interview in the office.

The interview in the office took about an hour and was strictly questions read from a pamphlet. She took notes while I was answering the questions. There was no elaboration on any of the question, she just stuck right to what was on the paper. I was then told that I would be given a call the following week to speak with the district manager. I followed up with a thank you note, but never heard from the district manager.

Two weeks later I received an email from HR informing me about the selection of another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a leadership role where your peers did not accept you as their leader/agree with you?   Answer Question

Underwriter II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Springleaf Finance (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR Dept, same day call back to set up in person interview with managers 5 days later, job offer within the same day - this was not typical to their process now due to me starting at the beginning of their expansion in underwriting
    The interview itself was pretty laid back, their goal is to truly get to know YOU and if you would be a fit for their company. The interviewers actually spent about 50% of the time selling Springleaf to ME. Which was refreshing in an interview process as I could tell they truly cared not only if I would be a good asset to the company but if the company would be something I would enjoy.

Interview Questions

• What work atmosphere/culture do you hope to find yourself in?   Answer Question