Springleaf Finance

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.8

Financial Representative Interview

Initial interview with manager using STAR method. Emphasis on fast passed environment, multi tasking, customer service and sales.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Filled out application in branch office. Phone interview in next couple days. Invited to a personal interview with district manager; followed by an interview with branch manager the following day. Offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a scenario in a previous job where you had to overcome an obstical to attain a goal.   View Answer
    They gave me a lowball offer; you can negotiate I hear but use your experience as leverage.

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in April 2013.

Several voice mails and phone calls from an HR intern, followed by a grueling phone interview with an HR recruiter, who seemed to go out of her way to indicate I was not qualified for the job because I had no experience 'with the lending process'. Shocked to get an in-person interview at corporate HQ. When I arrived, the same HR intern couldn't find the conference room where my interview was to take place, so we walked all over the building twice! Interviewed while winded from all the walking. Got a turndown email the following day, which after this debacle was a blessing.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Springleaf Finance.

3 interviews. Hr rep, Branch manager and then District Manager. Silly questions a lot of "tell me about a time...."

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lumberton, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lumberton, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in March 2013.

I recieved a call on Wednesday and was left a message. I called the number back but it was hard catching the same person who left the message because she was always out or busy with a client, not a big deal though. On Friday I left a message and received a call back within the hour, much to my surprise the call was for an on the spot interview. The interview went well, she asked questions, I asked questions; she told me about the company and position. I will have to wait for a follow up call in order to find out if I am being considered any further.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in June 2012.

Applied and received a phone call stating that I had been chosen for a face to face interview. I went to the interview which was standard questions. This was on a Monday, I got a call back the same day and met with the District Manager two days later. Interviewed with him and standard questions just to get a feel of you. After that it was about two weeks for background check and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you have ever encountered and how did you react?   Answer Question
    They gave you a number and you could negotiate but I did not

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in November 2008.

First there an phone interview with a Human Resources Rep. who asks general questions about you are attendance at former employers. What were your responsiblities at your former current employer. What are your expectations for this position. What would you do in this situation. What are your salaries requirements.
    Then there was a one on one interview with the Department head where more job specific questions were asked. The hiring process took 2 months from one one one interview until the offer was made. They extremely slow about moving forward with offers. Then once you are hired they he an orientation process that last half a day.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you been a Graphic Designer   View Answer
    • What do you do when people do not like your work.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ames, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in December 2011.

Phone interview with basic questions, then one on one interview with questions related to personality and job. Said they would let me know in a couple days but got job call back two weeks later. Acceptedposition. Office closed 2 months later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in August 2010.

I was first contacted by their HQ with pre screen questions. They want to know salary requirements, relocatablity ect. Then you go for a one on one interview with a branch manager. They ask all the standard questions ; what do you know about our comp? How do your current skills relate to the position you are applying for? Then they go into detailed situation questions. Have you ever had to do a project or task the wasn't your job and what was the result? They want you to be specific and use real examples. If you get past the bm interview you then get a very similar interview from the district manager and are asked to take a drug test right after that interview is complete. You have to take the test right then. Then if everything checks out you get an offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you persuaded a co-worker to do something.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time u successfully demonstrated sales ability?   View Answer

Salary

Financial Representative (Branch Manager Trainee) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Springleaf Finance in February 2011.

Questions from a sheet, and personal questions

Let them know what I expect and vise versa