Springleaf Finance

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lumberton, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lumberton, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Springleaf Finance in March 2013.

I recieved a call on Wednesday and was left a message. I called the number back but it was hard catching the same person who left the message because she was always out or busy with a client, not a big deal though. On Friday I left a message and received a call back within the hour, much to my surprise the call was for an on the spot interview. The interview went well, she asked questions, I asked questions; she told me about the company and position. I will have to wait for a follow up call in order to find out if I am being considered any further.

Loan Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in February 2013.

After submitting a resume at a job fair, I received a call from a recruiter the next day. Answered several basic questions in regards to education and work history. We then scheduled an on site interview.
    I did a one-on-one interview with a department supervisor. Questions were very normal and straight forward. They then went on to describe the position and expectations, followed by an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question, but we went into detail about the position's job security. This was necessary because the department was only four months old and the company had laid off nearly 30% of its workforce the previous year.   Answer Question
    At the time, I clarified that this was not a sales position but rather a customer service position. I was told it was not a sales driven position, which held true for the first several months. However, quotas and sales were soon added to the job requirements. Not saying this is a reason to not take a job with them, but just be aware that the company is constantly changing, and you may encounter similar conditions.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in June 2012.

Applied and received a phone call stating that I had been chosen for a face to face interview. I went to the interview which was standard questions. This was on a Monday, I got a call back the same day and met with the District Manager two days later. Interviewed with him and standard questions just to get a feel of you. After that it was about two weeks for background check and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you have ever encountered and how did you react?   Answer Question
    They gave you a number and you could negotiate but I did not

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walterboro, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walterboro, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in January 2012.

I met with the district manager and he basically gave me the job on the spot. I had to drive an hour to the interview. The interview was in another office than the one that I would work in.

Interview Questions
    • None really just be truthful and answer to the best of your ability.   Answer Question
    It was not really any negotiating he asked me what I wanted I told him he said no and then told me what I was going to get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in December 2011.

Phone interview with basic questions, then one on one interview with questions related to personality and job. Said they would let me know in a couple days but got job call back two weeks later. Acceptedposition. Office closed 2 months later.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in October 2011.

If they like your resume you will get a call very quickly, then you will have 1 or 2 interviews with standard questions

I asked for more & they gave it to me. However, I came to them with a lot of experience.

Financial Representative (Branch Manager Trainee) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in February 2011.

Questions from a sheet, and personal questions

Let them know what I expect and vise versa

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beckley, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beckley, WV

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in January 2011.

The interview was straight forward. They just wanted to see how much you knew about the company, and what your background is in sales. They also ask how you deal with a lot of common situations that apply to the job.

Interview Questions

After the training period you have to move to another branch, that was going to be far away from where I lived at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in August 2010.

I was first contacted by their HQ with pre screen questions. They want to know salary requirements, relocatablity ect. Then you go for a one on one interview with a branch manager. They ask all the standard questions ; what do you know about our comp? How do your current skills relate to the position you are applying for? Then they go into detailed situation questions. Have you ever had to do a project or task the wasn't your job and what was the result? They want you to be specific and use real examples. If you get past the bm interview you then get a very similar interview from the district manager and are asked to take a drug test right after that interview is complete. You have to take the test right then. Then if everything checks out you get an offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you persuaded a co-worker to do something.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time u successfully demonstrated sales ability?   View Answer

Salary

Senior Customer Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in June 2010.

I applied online. The entire process took almost two months. I was contacted for a first interview. Then several weeks later I was contacted for a second interview. A couples weeks after that I was contacted with an offer.