Springleaf Finance

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.8

Financial Representative Interview

Initial interview with manager using STAR method. Emphasis on fast passed environment, multi tasking, customer service and sales.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Springleaf Finance.

Filled out application in branch office. Phone interview in next couple days. Invited to a personal interview with district manager; followed by an interview with branch manager the following day. Offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a scenario in a previous job where you had to overcome an obstical to attain a goal.   View Answer
    They gave me a lowball offer; you can negotiate I hear but use your experience as leverage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in June 2013.

Two interviews, one with the branch manager and one with the district manager. Had to wait a week after second interview before I got the call saying that I got the job. Both interviews were pretty basic, asking general questions about previous work experience, what you can bring to the table, etc.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward. The only one that through me for a loop was "Do you like or dislike being micromanaged"   View Answer
    Due to cut backs and lay offs in recent year, they start everyone out at pretty much the same base salary. Not really any negotiation allowed

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance.

3 interviews. Hr rep, Branch manager and then District Manager. Silly questions a lot of "tell me about a time...."

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in April 2013.

Several voice mails and phone calls from an HR intern, followed by a grueling phone interview with an HR recruiter, who seemed to go out of her way to indicate I was not qualified for the job because I had no experience 'with the lending process'. Shocked to get an in-person interview at corporate HQ. When I arrived, the same HR intern couldn't find the conference room where my interview was to take place, so we walked all over the building twice! Interviewed while winded from all the walking. Got a turndown email the following day, which after this debacle was a blessing.

Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Springleaf Finance in March 2013.

I recieved a call on Wednesday and was left a message. I called the number back but it was hard catching the same person who left the message because she was always out or busy with a client, not a big deal though. On Friday I left a message and received a call back within the hour, much to my surprise the call was for an on the spot interview. The interview went well, she asked questions, I asked questions; she told me about the company and position. I will have to wait for a follow up call in order to find out if I am being considered any further.

Loan Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in February 2013.

After submitting a resume at a job fair, I received a call from a recruiter the next day. Answered several basic questions in regards to education and work history. We then scheduled an on site interview.
    I did a one-on-one interview with a department supervisor. Questions were very normal and straight forward. They then went on to describe the position and expectations, followed by an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question, but we went into detail about the position's job security. This was necessary because the department was only four months old and the company had laid off nearly 30% of its workforce the previous year.   Answer Question
    At the time, I clarified that this was not a sales position but rather a customer service position. I was told it was not a sales driven position, which held true for the first several months. However, quotas and sales were soon added to the job requirements. Not saying this is a reason to not take a job with them, but just be aware that the company is constantly changing, and you may encounter similar conditions.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in June 2012.

Applied and received a phone call stating that I had been chosen for a face to face interview. I went to the interview which was standard questions. This was on a Monday, I got a call back the same day and met with the District Manager two days later. Interviewed with him and standard questions just to get a feel of you. After that it was about two weeks for background check and then I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you have ever encountered and how did you react?   Answer Question
    They gave you a number and you could negotiate but I did not

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walterboro, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walterboro, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in January 2012.

I met with the district manager and he basically gave me the job on the spot. I had to drive an hour to the interview. The interview was in another office than the one that I would work in.

Interview Questions
    • None really just be truthful and answer to the best of your ability.   Answer Question
    It was not really any negotiating he asked me what I wanted I told him he said no and then told me what I was going to get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Springleaf Finance in December 2011.

Phone interview with basic questions, then one on one interview with questions related to personality and job. Said they would let me know in a couple days but got job call back two weeks later. Acceptedposition. Office closed 2 months later.