Sprinkles Cupcakes Interview Questions

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sprinkles Cupcakes

Prep/Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I arrived for my interview, one of the working employees told me to just wait at one of the tables and a interviewer would be with me shortly. 20mintues or so later an interviewer came to my table and proceeded to give the interview. It was very short, basic questions about myself and questions about my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Describe the type of person you are.   1 Answer
    • Are you a morning person or afternoon person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I originally submitted my resume and cover letter to jobs@sprinkles.com and received a call asking if I was still interested in the position, and if I would be available to come in for an interview. At the interview I filled out a "first interview quiz" that tested whether or not I could do some complex multiplication, remember the name of the Vice President and the names of 5 state capitals, etc. After the interview, which was pretty standard for an interview as far as reviewing my job history/duties/experience, my interviewer set up a "trial day" where I would come in and work for 2-3 hours with a trainer to get a feel for the job and see if I would be a good fit for the company. They ask that you wear a plain white or brown t-shirt, jeans, and closed toe shoes. Since I already knew a lot about the company's history and most of the flavors (I was a huge Sprinkles fan before I started) my trainer went over basic order taking procedures, boxing and sticker basics, and a rundown of all of the flavors they had that day. What they really look for is how you interact with the customers and how quickly you can catch on. By the end of the mini shift I felt pretty comfortable with everything I learned, and the manager scheduled me for an orientation (a few hours of filling out paperwork to make you an official employee!) and then I was hired :)

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really anything out of the ordinary...just prepare like you would for a normal job interview. Keep your answers relevant to the questions they ask and remember that this is a company that prides itself on an extremely high level of quality bordering on perfection. You need to be well-groomed and present yourself well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I started at the base rate, but I know other associates with more food service experience than me (I had absolutely none) started a little higher.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. They don't require much prior knowledge to be a team member, because they will teach you everything you need to know about the job. The hiring manager was very nice, and explained upfront that no matter where you are in the company or how long you've been there, people will always be willing to lend a helping hand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be firm! The closing shifts can get a little crazy with the hours. So if you can't be getting off at 1 o'clock in the morning, do speak up and say so!

Cupcake Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes.

Interview

Sprinkles gets a huge number of applications, so it is important to start with your best foot forward with the resume and cover letter for your email. Make it personal to Sprinkles - generic form covers letters will get your resume thrown out. From there you will have an in-person interview that includes taking a test. The test has some math, some spelling, and some short answers. Not difficult. Then you'll answer standard interview questions about customer service. Personality and passion go a long way. Finally you will do an in-store trial run for a few hours.

Interview Questions

• Correcting spelling mistakes in sentences. Not difficult, but unexpected for a counter sales position.   Answer Question

Cupcake Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes.

Interview

Went in for an Application, signed it and returned it to store. Was called a few days later to come in for a second interview. After that, filled out some paperwork and was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with certain challenges while working for us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

Walked in the store and filled out an application. I briefly talked to the store supervisor and showed her my resume. Got a call a couple of days later scheduling an interview. The interview lasted about an hour, where we talked about me as a person and me as an employee. I then got a call scheduling a two hour trial, where they watched how I worked. Got a call a week later with an offer to work there.

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult questions. They're all straightfoward questions like "has there ever been a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and if so what happened?" and "why did you leave your last job?"   Answer Question

Sprinkles Cupcakes Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

First you get a basic interview "tell us about yourself, why do you want to work here etc" if they like you next is your trial day to see how you fit in & work under pressure and you either get an offer or not shortly after you also get paid for working that trial day !

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here !?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Ice Cream Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes.

Interview

Apply online, phone interview, in person interview, and then (paid) trial day.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Applied through university job posting, was called to set up an interview within a week. Interview went very well and then was told I would be contacted within 2 days whether I got the position or not however I never heard back even after e-mailing them to get a status update.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite dessert using details such as texture, flavor, etc.   Answer Question

Cupcake Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes.

Interview

I submitted my resume/cover letter. Went in for an interview with the GM. Very straightforward interview, a lot of personality questions (because let's be real it doesn't take a lot of skill to sell cupcakes). Had to take a short quiz.

Interview Questions

• One of the written questions asked you to draw a straight line between two dots.   1 Answer