Sprinkles Cupcakes

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ice Cream Associate Interview

Ice Cream Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes.

Interview Details – Apply online, phone interview, in person interview, and then (paid) trial day.

Interview Question – What is your worst trait?   Answer Question

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes.

Interview Details – Applied through university job posting, was called to set up an interview within a week. Interview went very well and then was told I would be contacted within 2 days whether I got the position or not however I never heard back even after e-mailing them to get a status update.

Interview Question – Describe your favorite dessert using details such as texture, flavor, etc.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes in August 2013.

Interview Details – There was an ad on Facebook so I decided to email them my resume. I had a call back for an interview and when I successfully passed my interview, I had a trial day. I passed my trail day and proceeded to get hired.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Interview was quite easy.   Answer Question

Cupcake Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume/cover letter. Went in for an interview with the GM. Very straightforward interview, a lot of personality questions (because let's be real it doesn't take a lot of skill to sell cupcakes). Had to take a short quiz.

Interview Question – One of the written questions asked you to draw a straight line between two dots.   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes in December 2012.

Interview Details – Handed resume at counter to manager and got an interview. Interview was cheerful, simple and fun. A day later I was offered a job and started almost immediately. First impression was that Sprinkles was a fun, energetic and youthful workplace.

Interview Question – Had a questionnaire which was maybe 5 or so pages long (and quite unexpected!). The hardest question was asking the Presidents of the USA and the 50 States of the USA!   Answer Question

Sprinkles Cupcakes Associate Interview

Sprinkles Cupcakes Associate
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sprinkles Cupcakes in February 2013.

Interview Details – Handed in a resume and was called the same day -- the lead girl asked several questions.

As mentioned in the other review, they invite you for a 'trial' in-store. It's about 2 hours, and they judge your performance on packaging, greeting customers, and just other procedures. You will be paid for this time, whether you are hired or not. Some questions asked here were:

Why Sprinkles?
What did you enjoy most about working here?

Interview Question – What is the difference between customer service and hospitality? (or good vs. great customer service)
What is one common misconception people have of you when they first meet you?
  Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

Interview Details – Sent email to HR department with a cover letter and resume and was promptly set up for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with a member of their corporate HR department and I was asked a number of normal interview questions. I was then given a survey to fill out that had normal questions towards the beginning asking about how many times I've switched jobs in the past year and other similar things, and then started getting ... interesting. Questions covered math skills, drawing/creativity skills, descriptions of your favorite dessert, spatial questions, and geography questions. It seriously covered everything. It's also timed by the way. If you get past the in-person interview, then you go to a trial day where Sprinkles gives you the opportunity to show off your customer service skills in front of actual customers at the store. You are judged by your performance and the final hiring decision is made from there. Even if you don't get the job though, you are still paid for your time at the trial day. Overall, a very involved process to work at a cupcake shop.

Interview Question – Please draw a straight line from point A to point B (points were slightly diagonal from each other).   Answer Question

Worked for Sprinkles Cupcakes? Contribute to the Community!