Sprint Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The positions are posted and applied for online then a time would be assigned for those who applied. There were a panel of managers looking to fill position firing questions pertaining to rep level situations and how one should handle them, store numbers and how one would achieve them, and personal sales numbers. There would be interviews scheduled back to back within the same day for all individuals applying for the position. A decision was made within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• When is the best time to coach an employee?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint in April 2015.

Interview

There is three interviews. The first one is easy and not very traditional. The second is a little more intense but overall fair with no surprises. The last one is pretty much the second one but with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions Why do you want to work here? Why should we hire you? Describe a time where you had to confront a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Martinsburg, WV) in March 2015.

Interview

I was supposed to interview with the store manager, but ended up being interviewed by one of the other assistant managers. It was very straightforward, not very difficult. Unfortunately, my interviewer didn't seem to know what he was doing or what questions he should ask. I'd been prepared to answer a variety of intensive screening questions, but the assistant manager with whom I interviewed mostly wanted to chat and small-talk, leaving it up to me to direct the course of the interview. He didn't take notes, asked only basic questions about my background, and gave me the impression that his feedback to the store manager was minimal. I ended up not receiving a job offer, which I believe is the direct result of having an interviewer that had no experience in interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your retail management background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was promoted from within however the process is still the same if external. Once you apply to the posting you will get a call from the Store Manager (email if you are internal). They will speak with you about a time to come in an complete a F2F interview. Once you get there, you will have the District Manager there and also another Assistant Manager if applicable. They will talk to you about the normal things (why you want to work for Sprint, why do you want this position, strengths, weaknesses, information about the company, and experience). What is REALLY important if you are going in for a management position is to have available a 30-60-90. What this means is they will want to know your plans to improve the location on a 30 day, 60 day, and 90 day basis. You will need to essentially create a presentation on PowerPoint or in type up your plans to improve the store, the employee relations, and assert yourself as the "new sheriff in town." Sprint right now is all about business penetration so if you want to impress the management, find local business in the vicinity of the store you want to work at and find out if they have offer discounts off their service through Sprint. In addition, Sprint is all about coaching employees and training them on the right path. This means that they want you to watch them like a hawk. I don't agree with this per se but that is what they want so you have to show them you are a fearless and determined leader. After that interview, they may ask you to come back for another interview with just the store manager. If not, they will call you and inform you of their decision. The store manager makes the decision, the DM is just there to watch for the things and listen for phrases that the manager may have missed. It does not take long at all to make a decision. I interviewed on Friday and got a call from the manager the Sunday afternoon. Just be confident but be about the business of selling phones.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was not difficult. They wanted to know if I was to get the position, how I would handle the additional responsibilities of overseeing 20+ employees, handing irate customers, and still doing all the back office work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate however a little for management positions but I wouldn't recommend it. If you push your store hard enough, you will make what you need and more in commission. The base pay is not what you should be focusing on. I didn't negotiate because I already knew what the highest salary for ASM's was and I was granted that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied for the position online and submitted my resume and completed assessment, two weeks later I was called by the Store Manager for an interview. I arrived at the store early and was pleasantly advised by the existing Assistant Store Manager that the S/M would be arriving shortly. My interview was very straight to the point and the S/M brought the Assistant Store Manager in to then ask me further questions whom happens to be the one that needs to be replaced. He had situational questions that I feel I answered very concisely and quick.... while the S/M just sat there and observed. This was nothing more than about 10 questions that weren't challenging. The entire interview was geared toward the expectations and culture of the store. When it ended I was told that if I were referred to the next level I would then meet with the District Manager and the Area Manager where a offer would then be provided. It has been almost two weeks since I've heard anything back from them, I did send a thank you letter the very same day I was interviewed to show my gratitude. It is often said no news is good news but I believe my chances of securing this position are very much alive. Both the S/M and Assistant S/M were very professional, mild-mannered and attentive during the entire interview making it feel more like a naturally flowing conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

very brief straight to the point store manager asked how can I get sales team to hit monthly goals. asked how was my overall experience in sales and what can I bring to his team

Interview Questions

• what are my strong points in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sprint (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

Filled out the lengthy application online after seeing job posting on monster.com, was called 3 days later to come in for an interview. Met with another ASM from Bluemound store, had a really great interview felt really confident about the whole situation. Received a call the next day from the same ASM telling me he really liked me, felt I was a good fit but required me to drive out to Greenfield for a job fair at that Sprint location and informed me he would be emailing that manager telling him about me....thats when it got ugly, got there right at 10, let the manager (or whoever it was) know that I was sent by the other ASM gave my credentials, they left me sitting there for an hour until they came back out telling me they were confused as to why I was interviewed because they have zero openings for another ASM but they were hiring for sales consultants...asked me to sit in the back and re take the tests...I left, the management was rude, communication was all over the place and I am still seeing job postings for ASM...so why am I the crazy one? Decided even if they were to call me back I'd decline, the way management treated me in Greenfield was ridiculous and they need to get their s**t together.

Interview Questions

• "Why did you apply for this positon if it's not available?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Memphis, TN) in July 2011.

Interview

There is an assesment that has to be passed before you get to the interview. Then you are interviewed either by a recruiter or a couple of managers.

Interview Questions

• The questions are standard interview questions, stengths, weaknesses......nothing difficult   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was not a negotiation phase. There was an offer letter sent by the recruiter and I was told there is nothing that can be done about the salary.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Lake Charles, LA) in January 2011.

Interview

You take a test to determine if you qualify for the job. If you can pass this test, then you move on to a interview. Which is usually about two to three members of management, asking questions like what makes you qualified for this job, are you able to work weekend, holidays, They will list or read a situation and see how you would handle it. They tell you about the benefits and job title and ask you if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends/holidays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Durham, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Relatively like any interview, you are asked a series of questions and you have to answer them. You do have to prepare yourself of course. Bring your resume even though you've submitted it already and other supporting document that you think that will help you.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to your new role if selected? What is a challenge that has been difficult to yoy, and how are you working to fix it.   1 Answer