Sprint

Updated Aug 3, 2014
Updated Aug 3, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint.

I was promoted from within however the process is still the same if external. Once you apply to the posting you will get a call from the Store Manager (email if you are internal). They will speak with you about a time to come in an complete a F2F interview. Once you get there, you will have the District Manager there and also another Assistant Manager if applicable. They will talk to you about the normal things (why you want to work for Sprint, why do you want this position, strengths, weaknesses, information about the company, and experience). What is REALLY important if you are going in for a management position is to have available a 30-60-90. What this means is they will want to know your plans to improve the location on a 30 day, 60 day, and 90 day basis. You will need to essentially create a presentation on PowerPoint or in type up your plans to improve the store, the employee relations, and assert yourself as the "new sheriff in town." Sprint right now is all about business penetration so if you want to impress the management, find local business in the vicinity of the store you want to work at and find out if they have offer discounts off their service through Sprint. In addition, Sprint is all about coaching employees and training them on the right path. This means that they want you to watch them like a hawk. I don't agree with this per se but that is what they want so you have to show them you are a fearless and determined leader. After that interview, they may ask you to come back for another interview with just the store manager. If not, they will call you and inform you of their decision. The store manager makes the decision, the DM is just there to watch for the things and listen for phrases that the manager may have missed. It does not take long at all to make a decision. I interviewed on Friday and got a call from the manager the Sunday afternoon. Just be confident but be about the business of selling phones.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question I was asked was not difficult. They wanted to know if I was to get the position, how I would handle the additional responsibilities of overseeing 20+ employees, handing irate customers, and still doing all the back office work.   View Answer
You can negotiate however a little for management positions but I wouldn't recommend it. If you push your store hard enough, you will make what you need and more in commission. The base pay is not what you should be focusing on. I didn't negotiate because I already knew what the highest salary for ASM's was and I was granted that.

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint.

I applied for the position online and submitted my resume and completed assessment, two weeks later I was called by the Store Manager for an interview. I arrived at the store early and was pleasantly advised by the existing Assistant Store Manager that the S/M would be arriving shortly. My interview was very straight to the point and the S/M brought the Assistant Store Manager in to then ask me further questions whom happens to be the one that needs to be replaced. He had situational questions that I feel I answered very concisely and quick.... while the S/M just sat there and observed. This was nothing more than about 10 questions that weren't challenging. The entire interview was geared toward the expectations and culture of the store. When it ended I was told that if I were referred to the next level I would then meet with the District Manager and the Area Manager where a offer would then be provided. It has been almost two weeks since I've heard anything back from them, I did send a thank you letter the very same day I was interviewed to show my gratitude. It is often said no news is good news but I believe my chances of securing this position are very much alive. Both the S/M and Assistant S/M were very professional, mild-mannered and attentive during the entire interview making it feel more like a naturally flowing conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sprint in January 2012.

Filled out the lengthy application online after seeing job posting on monster.com, was called 3 days later to come in for an interview. Met with another ASM from Bluemound store, had a really great interview felt really confident about the whole situation. Received a call the next day from the same ASM telling me he really liked me, felt I was a good fit but required me to drive out to Greenfield for a job fair at that Sprint location and informed me he would be emailing that manager telling him about me....thats when it got ugly, got there right at 10, let the manager (or whoever it was) know that I was sent by the other ASM gave my credentials, they left me sitting there for an hour until they came back out telling me they were confused as to why I was interviewed because they have zero openings for another ASM but they were hiring for sales consultants...asked me to sit in the back and re take the tests...I left, the management was rude, communication was all over the place and I am still seeing job postings for ASM...so why am I the crazy one? Decided even if they were to call me back I'd decline, the way management treated me in Greenfield was ridiculous and they need to get their s**t together.

Interview Questions
    • "Why did you apply for this positon if it's not available?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in July 2011.

There is an assesment that has to be passed before you get to the interview. Then you are interviewed either by a recruiter or a couple of managers.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are standard interview questions, stengths, weaknesses......nothing difficult   View Answer
    There really was not a negotiation phase. There was an offer letter sent by the recruiter and I was told there is nothing that can be done about the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in November 2008.

After submitting a reusume, I was called about 2 weeks later for an interview. I was scheduled the following week to meet with the district manager. I district manager was nervous during the interview and I do not think he very good at interviewing. At the end of the interview the district manager said he would call and let me know about the position and I never received a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficlut customer and what was the out come?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sprint in March 2007.

It was a basic sales interview in which the tested my selling skills as well as questions regarding developing a team. Each question they asked was about the job and and about past jobs nothing more more nothing more. Each time I spend time working for this company they asked questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to hold someone accountable.   Answer Question