Sprint

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sprint in August 2014.

Interview Details – Went through 2 interviews, one with the store manager and a different store manager. Process took less than a week! I start Aug. 16, 2014. My current manager is a blessing! She's very down to earth, I can say I am quite lucky!

Interview Question – Why Sprint, why now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, pretty flat. I am being paid the max. for beginning.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Sprint in September 2010.

Interview Details – The first step is an brief computer assessment that test computer, listening, typing, and simple math. Then have a face-to-face interview. I was offered the position immediately. Finally, I was sent for a drug test.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – I applied online at the Sprint Careers website for the technical consultant position, and I received a call the next day asking to come in for a interview. The position was located in Brooklyn, NY. I went in and I waited about 30 minutes before the interview actually started. I interviewed with the store manager, and also the technical consultant lead. The interview went very well, and only lasted about 15 minutes. The next day I received a call from the location asking to schedule a phone interview with the district manager. I scheduled the interview for the next day at 6 PM. The interview went well over the phone and he basically asked me on how I view customer service and how Important it is to me. I got a call from the store manager the next day and she sent me a email to complete a background check, and also a email for a drug test. I completed my background check and drug test and just waiting for a call back with a offer. Overall, this was a very quick process compared to other employers.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you came across, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Sprint Sales Representative Interview

Sprint Sales Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in August 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was about three weeks from first contact to offer. There were two face to face interviews after the initial screening. The first was with the store manager and assistant manager. The second was a week later and included the store manager and district manager. Both interviews were about an hour and fifteen minutes. There was a lot of back and forth and the standard hypothetical questions and real world experience scenarios. How did you handle a difficult customer? What is a problem you faced and how did you handle it?
Engage the interviewers with your natural personality and ask any questions you have.

Interview Question – Both interviews started with tell me about yourself and then why Sprint. Be prepared with knowledge about the company and incorporate that knowledge into why you want this job.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within however the process is still the same if external. Once you apply to the posting you will get a call from the Store Manager (email if you are internal). They will speak with you about a time to come in an complete a F2F interview. Once you get there, you will have the District Manager there and also another Assistant Manager if applicable. They will talk to you about the normal things (why you want to work for Sprint, why do you want this position, strengths, weaknesses, information about the company, and experience). What is REALLY important if you are going in for a management position is to have available a 30-60-90. What this means is they will want to know your plans to improve the location on a 30 day, 60 day, and 90 day basis. You will need to essentially create a presentation on PowerPoint or in type up your plans to improve the store, the employee relations, and assert yourself as the "new sheriff in town." Sprint right now is all about business penetration so if you want to impress the management, find local business in the vicinity of the store you want to work at and find out if they have offer discounts off their service through Sprint. In addition, Sprint is all about coaching employees and training them on the right path. This means that they want you to watch them like a hawk. I don't agree with this per se but that is what they want so you have to show them you are a fearless and determined leader. After that interview, they may ask you to come back for another interview with just the store manager. If not, they will call you and inform you of their decision. The store manager makes the decision, the DM is just there to watch for the things and listen for phrases that the manager may have missed. It does not take long at all to make a decision. I interviewed on Friday and got a call from the manager the Sunday afternoon. Just be confident but be about the business of selling phones.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was not difficult. They wanted to know if I was to get the position, how I would handle the additional responsibilities of overseeing 20+ employees, handing irate customers, and still doing all the back office work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate however a little for management positions but I wouldn't recommend it. If you push your store hard enough, you will make what you need and more in commission. The base pay is not what you should be focusing on. I didn't negotiate because I already knew what the highest salary for ASM's was and I was granted that.

Branch Director Interview

Branch Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in June 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone screening with internal recruiter, which led to phone screening with Area Director. This led to in person interview with two current BD's and the AD in three hour session.

Interview Question – I was asked to provide and present my business plan on turning the current team's productivity around.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sprint in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, received phone call to come in for interview. Interview was conducting in the Manager's office in the back of the Sprint retail store. Asked typical interview questions from a piece of paper. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" "What is your weakest quality?" "Tell me a time you had to go above and beyond in your work life." Interview took about 15 minutes. The manager was also just seeing how good I was at carrying a conversation.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you have a very difficult customer and what you did to resolve his/her anger   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a choice between two positions at the end of the interview. The manager matched my asking base salary.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Solutions Engineer

Interviewed at Sprint

Interview Details – Multiple hiring managers will interview you. WAN and networking protocols will be investigated. Managers may ask you to interview with current employees to evaluate your technical abilities to meet the job requirements and gauge how you might fit within the companies culture.

Interview Question – Explain how you dealt with a difficult customer in the past and what steps you took to resolve.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – just fill seats- was HR way to look at it- no consistency in offer letters- you should really negotiate the pay especially if you are not getting a fair offer-

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager - decision that affected the business in a negative manner   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant
Layton, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sprint in August 2011.

Interview Details – one interview and little communication after that even after getting an offer. apparently they were waiting for HR to approve me before they would tell me that i got the job

Negotiation Details – none

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!