Sprint

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sprint in June 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process for Sprint was not stressful. Be prepared for behavioral questions and provide specific answers. Do not be general or respond with "I did that everyday." Provide a example and relate that example to the job for which you are interviewing. Most of all be optimistic.

Interview Question – Tell us about the most difficult technical problem that you have dealt with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will not negotiate.

Very Difficult Interview

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant
Elk Grove, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sprint in July 2014.

Interview Details – I have been in the tech industry for several years and I understand the importance of market trends and customer service. I am a military veteran with extensive life experience. Never in my life have I felt so insulted and confused as to why someone asks me for my opinion then responds with "if that's what you think then you just aren't human."

Be careful interviewing here because I have no idea what they want, they showed me no desire for any particular personality type. I am a outgoing, outspoken and friendly person with loyal traits. I understand an interview needs to be performed in certain ways but this felt as if it was a nightmare. One of the managers was very personable and likable. The other just came off negative, rude and too opinionated and lacked the traits of professionalism I would expect for a 'people' job.

I am very upset and distraught over this, maybe I should just pursue my career in law enforcement where I expect to be talked to any way possible. I am not a sensitive person but when I observe all of these qualities I am quite concerned with who the company has already chosen to hire before me.

I have not been extended an offer yet and if I do get offered I will be mind blown.

Interview Question – Are you lying to me? How will police training help you with dealing with customers?   Answer Question

Lead Retail Consultant Interview

Lead Retail Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted the day after I applied and went in for a interview with the store manager. I was asked a few questions that would expect but the overall interview lasted an hour and was a cake walk. He then called another store manager with me in the room and set up my second interview the next day. The second interview only lasted 30 mins and was a bit more difficult. I was called by the first store manager a couple days later to setup the final interview with the district manager. The whole process took 2 weeks from beginning to end.

Interview Question – Your resume shows you had excellent numbers and awards with your previous employer, do you have any proof?   View Answer

BISO Sales Representative Interview

BISO Sales Representative
Norcross, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initially found the position on the Sprint website. From there did not hear anything for about a month, out of no where I received an email asking if I could come in for face to face interview. This email did not seem to be real because it was a group email and the interviews were first come first serve. So I went to the interview was the first one to interview that day, waited about a week and then started the background check. The following week received the offer. Easy and smooth process.

Interview Question – The questions that were asked were not hard at all, They went over my resume and asked sales based questions. After that they asked me is I wanted to "jump in the pool", I guess this is how they ease you into a role play scenario. They told me to call them and act as if I was working for sprint and to help a customer who called in. Not too bad.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not get to negotiate anything, it was all firm which they tell you in the interview. I would say take the opportunity if given to you. Pay may not be as high as some would like, BUT the experience is golden and could lead you to places you never thought of.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint in July 2014.

Interview Details – applied online on a Tuesday, I received a phone call the next day (Wednesday) interviewed Friday with store manager. received a phone call Monday asking to come in for panel interview/ Conference call with a few other store managers and district manager. Questions where normal, Why Sprint? What is your biggest failure? how did you deal with an upset customer? and several more like that.

Interview Question – How can your previous experience in retail translate over to work for sprint?   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Retail Store Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sprint in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to Nelson Staffing in San Francisco for an Area/District/retail store Managers position in San Francisco and Novato Ca. I went thru a prep session with the SF Nelson staffer and then on to an interview with the Sprint Area Manager at the retail store in San Fran. He seemed very hurried and disjointed. He was not organized at all and less than professional to say the least.

Interview Question – What was my annual earnings expectations?   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in April 2014.

Interview Details – All interviews were done over the phone. Only talked to recruiter and hiring manager during two phone interviews. Very relaxed interview just wanting to know my past experience, career goals and interest in Sprint.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, immediately accepted the offer and I had to do a drug test afterwards. It took about a week to get the actual offer letter after doing the drug screen and background check.

Applications Developer III Interview

Applications Developer III
Overland Park, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – Typical for today; initial session was purely behavior based questions. There were two subsequent technical sessions which were skilled based with peer and lead developers. It was a positive experience where they were essentially trying to ensure applicants weren't fibbing on their resumes.

Interview Question – What is it you dislike the most?   View Answer

Business Account Manager Interview

Business Account Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source and interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – You probably will have 2 or more interviews. You will interview with Branch Manager and the Area Director. You may even have interview with Vice President and or Solutions Engineer Manager. Each Area Director handles it differently.

Interview Question – They will be seeking someone that can get high and wide in a company and outside of IT with a proven track record of creative solutions to set you apart from competition.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was asked if I wanted to come back and turned it down to seek employment elsewhere due to the long term view being uncertain at this time.

Lead Retail Consultant Interview

Lead Retail Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in May 2010.

Interview Details – After initial test, there are two phone interview and two in person interviews. Expect a drug test as this is a drug free workplace. Overall not an uncommon process. Retail reps and leads are very similar.

Interview Question – How would you handle pushback from employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!