Sprint Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sprint (Oakland, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was great they took they time with me asked very direct questions answered directly.the man was not intimidating at all . We clicked as soon a I walked in he greeted me and we jumped right into it . It was over all a good experience

IP and Transport Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sprint (Overland Park, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

3 people interviewed me over a bridge call..The Hiring process was simple and easy. More technical questions and less behavioural. More towards overview of technical stuff. Well behaved interviewers.
    Behavioural question like how do you think , you have good communication skils.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a conflict with your boss?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sprint (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting on Sprint website and filling out an hour-long test and questionnaires, got a call from district GM to come for an interview. Came early, interview started on time - 2 people interviewed me, male and female, they said each "managed about 10 stores".

Cons:

I was asked if I would be OK to go outside the store and distribute flyers and "stand on the street sign shaking" - when the store is slow. SIGN SHAKING!!! I politely noted that usually companies are hiring separate people to do those things (keeping to myself that a degree or even high school education is not required to perform those duties, not even an ability to speak English) but they didn`t get the point and pressed that the retail sales people should be OK doing those things.

Bummer! I really thought sales people usually are inside air conditioned store selling things, not standing on the street in 100 degrees LA heat inhaling car fumes sign shaking! Little did I know...

I have lots of sales experience so naturally I asked what are the opportunities for promotion and moving between the stores for best performers, in case my store does not have a higher level position open. The lady enthusiastically explained that "Yes definitely, I can move you from on store to another. If you perform great and your sales are high, and there is a store in a slow location that is struggling with making their quotas - I will move you to that store!" Did she hear herself? That just didn`t make any sense. So if I sell great - I`ll be put to the worst location? No, thank you!

The base pay is 12-14/hr "depending on experience" and they made it clear that they start you at $12. The guy said "commissions is where people make the most money".

At the beginning, I gave them my resume and they both started reading it saying "Tell us something about yourself". I was waiting politely for them to finish reading (I guess they have never seen my resume before??), and was told to start talking WHILE they read. I said "well, I thought I`ll give you a moment to read first" and was told "go on, we can read it and you can talk at the same time". At that point I wanted to leave. I mean, that`s disrespectful - to do or read anything while the applicant is talking, and especially disrespectful to show that they both did not even prepare for the interview by taking one minuted to scan through my resume.

The back office was filthy dirty and the arm chairs had huge numerous holes in them, they looked like they were taken from a homeless person. I had to sit on one of those

PROS: I didn`t see any. Being put in the slowest location because I am great in sales and stand on the street sign shaking is really not an appealing job. I wasn`t hiding my reaction during the interview LOL was such a waste of my time!

RF Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Overland Park, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with two managers and the interview was low intensity. Nothing complicated. I think they were more interested in my demeanor and if I would be a team player. They were conversational and not direct in their questions in anyway. The interview did not go long. I was in and out in about forty five minutes. I do not think there will be a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you like a controlled environment or do you work better in an environment where you are a self starter?   1 Answer

Public Sector Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. The managers were very friendly and informative. There was one interview with two managers that asked me questions about my work history, my desire to join sprint, my compensation requirements. There was a role play as an account manager taking a call and trying to convert a customer to sprint. My only tips is to make sure that you can explain show why you are good at sales and what you can bring to the team. Be clear on your work history. There was room for negation of my salary. After the interview, I was sent a background check and drug test instruction. Once I passed the background check the manager called me with an offer. A formal offer letter will be sent after.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I presented them my bottom line and the manager had to negotiate with HR to get it.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Houston, TX).

Interview

There were 2 different interviews, one with the store manager and final one with the district manager and another store manager. To finalize the hire they drug test. Training is 2 weeks long.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview with the store manager. During the interview another sale associate was present too. They weren't hiring at the location I applied and was interviewing for another location that was a part time job, which was kind of odd. I had to reapply online for that position and was told to expect a call back. There was no call back.

Sprint Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sprint (Emeryville, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Up- Front the manager wanted to know why he should hire me and what benefit can i bring him.
    I told him that I can out-sell anybody on his sale floor given the chance. You have to be a shark in retail sales.

IP and Transport Development Lll Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in April 2015.

Interview

In all 3 people took the telephonic interview. Interview started with Technical question from the 2 people who were going to be my mentors during the internship. Then the 3rd person was asking some HR questions in between. In all the experience was OKAY. Interview went unto 45 minutes. Overall they will not grind you if you don't know something.

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

3 Interview process with final being a panel. The 2 personal interviews are straight forward and don't take much time. Just seeing how you would fit in with the team. Panel was and can be intense. Look for more forward thinking questions and how you handle rejection questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about self, the position, and the state of Sprint's network and future development   1 Answer