Sprint

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Retail Consultant Interview

Lead Retail Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in July 2012.

Interview Details – Put in an application online. Received a call back in about a week or so. I had an interview scheduled and I was interviewed by a store manager and assistant manager. Got a call about a week later saying I got the job.

Interview Question – Asked me to sell them a microwave very abruptly. It caught me off guard. Be prepared in the interview for them to ask you to sell them an object in the room or a phone. The best way to sell is to ask questions. Don't fall into the trap of talking to me. "What are you looking for in a mircowave?" etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through other source and interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – I was the hiring manager. attendance is of the utmost importance -Answer questions in the SAR format. it is ok to ask to repeat a question. you should always have questions at the end of an interview. That may be the key to get the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Tech Support Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hired out of temp contract early with 3 months of 6 month contract remaining. Sprint chose to buy out the contract, paying a termination fee to the agency to do so. The interview was minimal, as they already had experience with me and employment/background info from the agency.

Interview Question – The interview was minimal, as they already had experience with me and employment/background info from the agency.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed at initial hire.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – Was thorough yet very reasonable. Several face to face interviews, plus time spent with current employees to "vet" the opportunity. Met with junior and senior employees which made me feel far more valued at the end of the process.

Interview Question – Very specific previous work examples.   Answer Question

Olympia, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview. I told me I was the most likely candidate. I was offered the job unofficially over the phone, but didn't receive anything in writing until two weeks later. I started a week and a half after that.

Interview Question – Pretend I'm a customer and I want to buy your phone. Sell me your phone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What showed up on paper was not what I was told... much like their contracts.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sprint in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was simple. I met with the hiring manager and she hired me on the spot. Then I went through a drug test as well as other assessment tests.

Interview Question – I was asked what my greatest weakness are and how I overcome them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately I didn't know how to negotiate a higher base salary at the time.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Greensboro, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Sprint in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on a Thursday and I received a call the following Thursday for an in person interview with the store manager. That next Monday was that interview with the store manager. That same week on Thursday, I received a second call from the store manager for an interview with his district manager and himself. They said they both made their decision and it was all smiles. Very friendly district manager. I got a call two hours later from the store manager to make sure I complete the background check approval through a link that he sent me through email. I submitted the info needed for the background check the same hour he called and now its Sunday and I'm just waiting for a call back from them now.

Interview Question – Store manager asked simple interview questions. District manager asked a little tougher questions but not super crazy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They said there is a new base pay (since I asked) that will definitely above $10 per hour. Most of your income will be from commission though.

Interviewed at Sprint

Interview Details – In depth. Went back through history of sales and customer support experience. Very open and easy going first interview. Second interview seemed just like a formality. Was offered the job on the spot. Transferring information over and filling out paperwork was a cinch. no issues.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sprint in September 2012.

Interview Details – I felt that it was relaxing. The person that interviewed me was very relaxed and it made me feel relaxed. While he still asked all the important questions about my experience and my expectations, he was also establishing a relationship, which is important in the role I was interviewing for.

Negotiation Details – I was offered a position as an advanced technical support specialist, but I interviewed for a technical support specialist. There was not much of a negotiation when they offered me more than I originally expected.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in August 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview, followed by an interview with an Assistant Store Manager. Once completed, the third stage was a group interview conducted by 8 Store Managers. Once completed, I was contacted by 2 Store Managers to check my availability. The first Store Manager got priority in hiring me for a Staff position. I completed 6 weeks on interactive training at the store where I began as a Retail Sales Consultant.

Interview Question – Given that my career had been ouside of Mobile Communications, why was I now seeking a position with Sprint.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 20,000 plus commission